Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38

Author Topic: Even newer questions to ponder  (Read 111175 times)

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
Re: Even newer questions to ponder
« Reply #345 on: July 23, 2018, 07:35:03 PM »

My worst memory of the group was a magazine who do an announcement of Brian and Kevin leaving the group in 1998 when Brian have is open heart surgery. I was so sad when I read that. At this time internet was not create so the magazine was the only things to have news about the guys.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #346 on: July 23, 2018, 11:12:54 PM »

I'm really glad I didn't become a true fan until summer of 98, when Brian's heart surgery was already behind him, because knowing about that before it happened would have stressed me out so much.  Sometimes ignorance is bliss, LOL.

My worst memory is when Kevin left the group.  I was devastated, not only because one of them was leaving, but because I thought it was the beginning of the end for the group.  Little did I know what the future had in store!  I'm so glad Kevin came back.

:bsb:
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #347 on: July 24, 2018, 01:50:51 AM »

Craziest thing I've ever done for the boys? Probably going on the European cruise in 2016. I had so much hesitation on that cruise but I'm glad I did it. Finally got my selfie with AJ.

Only one I don't have a cruise selfie with is Nick. He's so hard to get. But I would say going to another country for the boys for me was pretty crazy and awesome. I loved Europe. Especially Barcelona.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #348 on: July 24, 2018, 09:18:02 AM »

I'm glad you got to do GMA!  What a cool experience!  I don't know if I could do the camping out thing anymore either, but hey, at least you can say you did it!

We were there at midnight. When we got to the park, there were about thirty or forty others ahead of us. But we stood for a long time. They didn't let us into the little concert area until the sun came up. So crazy. It was only my second time to Central Park and it's like a whole other world, you forget you're in the city until you look up and see buildings  through the trees. At least it was a warm night and didn't rain.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #349 on: July 24, 2018, 02:49:20 PM »

Craziest thing I've ever done for the boys? Probably going on the European cruise in 2016. I had so much hesitation on that cruise but I'm glad I did it. Finally got my selfie with AJ.

Only one I don't have a cruise selfie with is Nick. He's so hard to get. But I would say going to another country for the boys for me was pretty crazy and awesome. I loved Europe. Especially Barcelona.

I'm sure that was amazing!!  I'm surprised you were able to get Brian, but not Nick.  The last cruise I went on in 2014, Brian was by far the hardest to get a selfie with.  Rose and I just barely managed to get one right before he left the deck party on the last night by asking Leighanne if we could get one with both of them.  Sucking up to Leighanne totally worked LOL.  Nick was probably second hardest just because he always has so many people swarming around him, but we got one with him while he was walking through the crowd the first night.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #350 on: July 24, 2018, 04:10:40 PM »

So glad to see some updates on here!

I'm still a fan and always will be, I listen to them every single day at some point (usually during my drive to and from work).  I love the new song and it's good to hear them being played on my local radio station.

I don't have the money for the cruises or Las Vegas, but next time they tour over here, I will be going!  It's been over four years since they were last in the UK.

As for real life, we've had a tough few months as my mother in law was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year and died last month.  So we've been up and down to Devon where they lived to visit them quite a lot, it was so awful for her in the end, I can't believe how cancer can take over so quickly and devastate a person so much.  But I'm glad she's not suffering anymore.  On top of that stress we also moved house the week before she died.  So it's been hard work recently, but at last things are calming down.

Steph - congrats on the new job :)

Sorry for your loss. Moving is never fun! Hopefully you found the house of your dreams!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #351 on: July 24, 2018, 04:11:10 PM »

I really enjoyed Don't Go Breaking My Heart. I had it on repeat basically the week it came out and I still listen to it a lot during workouts, it's a good warm up song.

In terms of BSB fandom I had a very hard time with the Nick thing and then the fandom reaction around that just sickened me. I'm sorry, but it did. It turned me off of BSB a lot. I still like them and if they come here next year I'll probably go, but I don't think I'm going to do another meet and greet or cruise. I likely wasn't going to anyway, but that kind of sealed the deal for me. I also have zero money on account of everyone in 1D deciding to go solo at once, blah. But I have seen all of them except for Louis this past year, so that's been fun.

In terms of life stuff, I made a drastic change and left the company I'd been at for almost ten years a few months ago. I got a new job off of getting my PMP designation and have been focusing a lot of energy there as well. It's quite different as I used to work near the outskirts of the city, and now I work right in the downtown core. So the commute to work is a lot longer, but there's a lot more happening around there. It's been a huge change.

Congrats on the new job!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #352 on: July 24, 2018, 04:12:16 PM »

Hello everyone!

Even though I rarely post stories here anymore, I do jump in here and now to see if there is someone around. I'm still writing and, yes, I'm still writing FrickNFrack stories, although the writing has quite taken some breaks during these last two years, as well for my fandom. I'm still a fan. I still love the Boys and can't wait for the new album and, finally, the world tour. But all the Vegas stuff, though exciting and thrilling, has been kinda of sad because it's hard to keep your fandom alive when the group kept talking only about it and you're on the other side of the world. lol
As for real life... lol I had a job until February and then lost it a month before the contract was actually over. That, plus a year that has been really hard (my oldest cat dying in August; my grandma almost paralyzed and spent six months going back and forth to the hospital; my brother that, on a holiday with his Iranian girlfriend, decided to get married and told us only when they were back and still things aren't going well.) sent me in a dark place. But, as always, writing helped me so now things are a little bit better. If I could only find a job before the tour, because I'm determined to do VIP and have, finally, my photo with Brian lol

Sorry to hear about all of that! Hoping things pick up for you soon!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #353 on: July 24, 2018, 04:19:40 PM »

Best and worst BSB memories. Probably the best ones were all surrounding the NeverGone tour and the Up Close and Personal. That was the first time I've ever seen them in concert. I also loved their shows at Hershey Park and Radio City. Also enjoyed going to Howie's bowling event in NYC.

Probably the worst memories for me is when Kevin left and that god awful album that followed. They almost completely lost me at that time. I'm so glad Kevin came back!

The craziest thing I've done is drive to Nashville for Brian's golf event a small lifetime ago. Even though I did that to also go back to Nashville, there's no way I would've made that ride alone if BSB weren't involved. I'm pretty sure I'd never do that again but I think I was at the height of my fandom at that point.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #354 on: July 24, 2018, 06:00:06 PM »

I'm sure that was amazing!!  I'm surprised you were able to get Brian, but not Nick.  The last cruise I went on in 2014, Brian was by far the hardest to get a selfie with.  Rose and I just barely managed to get one right before he left the deck party on the last night by asking Leighanne if we could get one with both of them.  Sucking up to Leighanne totally worked LOL.  Nick was probably second hardest just because he always has so many people swarming around him, but we got one with him while he was walking through the crowd the first night.

It's funny how I ended up getting Brian on the recent cruise. We had terrible seats in the theater for the events in there. So I'd nearly given up all hope of getting any pictures other than the group one by the last day of the cruise. Even though the guys were doing the selfie lines, I didn't follow them around  the ship so I didn't know they were happening....s o I often missed them.

On the last day it was Brian and Leighanne's game show. So half of the people didn't show up to the event. They let us move forward. I was like three rows from the stage and I had worn my costume to the event because we got ready for the deck party early. Leighanne was picking her team for the game show and chose me because of my costume.

I ended up on stage. Our team won the game and I got a selfie with Brian and a 25.00 poker chip from him as a prize. It was so great to be chosen for the game, something I'd never thought would happen to me. Probably one of my coolest moments with the boys.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #355 on: July 25, 2018, 12:39:57 PM »

I love the Boys. I stay really in the loop and my fandom is as deep as it ever was. But I've gone to way more shows than I ever have before solely due to the fact for the past year and a half they're 20 minutes away from my house LOL. By my standards I'm going a lot (it's been on average once a month that they're in town) but by others I'm keeping it light so *shrugs* lol. Writing fanfic wise it's focusing issues. I have a lot of half started chapters and chapters I've never posted cause at this point my focus is all over the place I'm kind of holding back till I know I'll consistently write. On top of that adulting is hard so writing when I'm working or busy isn't as easy as it used to be. I still get a lot of ideas though so I'm sure I'll dive back in at some point.

Mare - I didn't know you were considering Vegas! That would've been awesome. I so would've gone with you LOL. But I get why you didn't since it is pretty pricey. I'm actually looking forward to them touring (crazy right?) because these days I use it as an excuse to travel. Plus then I'll actually be able to go back to doing only a couple shows a tour.

Craziest thing I've ever done as a fan...probably the most recent trip to Knoxville. They are literally where I live most of the year but I flew out to Illinois so I could roadtrip with Julie down there. But then again, that was just as much for the road trip and spending time with her. But I think you could argue it seeming crazy LOL.

Worst moment in the fandom? Kevin leaving. It was the first time I cried about something fandom related. I wasn't deep into fandom (mainly cause I didn't have a computer yet) during Brian's heart surgery so I was unaware. The other one was AJ's rehab announcement on TRL cause as a teen that was pretty freaking scary.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #356 on: July 25, 2018, 05:02:20 PM »

On the last day it was Brian and Leighanne's game show. So half of the people didn't show up to the event. They let us move forward. I was like three rows from the stage and I had worn my costume to the event because we got ready for the deck party early. Leighanne was picking her team for the game show and chose me because of my costume.

See!  Leighanne is the key! LOL
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #357 on: July 25, 2018, 05:03:49 PM »

The other one was AJ's rehab announcement on TRL cause as a teen that was pretty freaking scary.

That would be my other one too.  I still vividly remember watching TRL that day and being so upset, not knowing what it meant for AJ and for the group.  I know it hasn't been an easy road for him, but I'm glad he's in a better place in his life now.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #358 on: July 26, 2018, 03:16:00 AM »

See!  Leighanne is the key! LOL

Yup. Cause Brian is hard to snag LOL
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #359 on: July 26, 2018, 10:01:30 AM »

For me the worst moment would have to be when AJ went to rehab. I vividly remember watching that on TV and crying because of how upset the boys were. Nick looked like he was taking it the hardest. I can't stand to see any of them crying. I don't know why.

The other moment was when Kevin left. I thought that was the end of the group. I stopped keeping tabs on what the guys were doing. I hadn't seen them in concert outside of radio shows in a few years. So after Kevin left I kind of took a break from the boys. I was heavily into depression between 2005-2009. I listened to a lot of emo music and punk rock. It was a weird time.

Then in 2009 a lot changed. Nick came out with that article in People magazine and it was the year he inspired me to make a change. I joined Twitter to follow the boys and meet fans. I started getting back into the boys and writing again. I also changed my mind about suicide that year. I finally saw them in concert again. So yeah I'm pretty happy they stayed together after Kevin left. Sorry for the long post.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38