Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38

Author Topic: Even newer questions to ponder  (Read 112317 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Even newer questions to ponder
« Reply #360 on: July 26, 2018, 01:03:12 PM »

I'm so glad they helped you pull through your depression, Tracy.  They seem to have helped so many people that way!

Speaking of seeing them crying... One of my favorite memories is when they got their star on the Walk of Fame.  I wasn't at the ceremony, but I remember many of us watching it online together.  I ended up crying through most of their speeches because once they each started crying, they got me going to, but they were happy tears.  That was such a cool thing!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #361 on: July 28, 2018, 09:10:32 AM »

Thanks everyone. I was at my old job for a really long time, since I was 23, so I had sort of reached a wall with as far as my career could go at that place. People sort of still saw me as a "college kid" and didn't really take me seriously, despite numerous advances I'd made. Plus I got married to someone who also worked there and that didn't really help, as he was on the innovation side of the company, and I was on the maintenance side. I was told I'd never be able to move over to innovation because of that, so it was time for me to go. The new place has been really great. Sometimes it's just good to get a fresh start. The role itself is really similar to what I did, but I am more business focused instead of IT focused so that's been a really interesting learning curve!

Steph, I am sorry to hear about your mother-in-law.

As for BSB, the craziest thing I have done is probably fly to Halifax to meet up with Julia only for us to then drive down to Boston to meet up with Hannah for Nick's ITO tour. It's either that or last summer I drove 7 hours down to Minneapolis, saw the boys (and endured FGL lol) and then went to the afterparty... and then drove home the next day.

Probably the worst fandom moment was AJ going to rehab. I didn't know until the next day because we didn't get TRL up in Canada, but I remember my friend and I were just devastated.

I've been lucky to have a lot of great fandom moments, but I agree with Julie, watching them get the Hollywood star was really great. Definitely teared up watching the stream of that. Meeting the boys for the first time will always be special to me as well. Also just seeing them in Vegas last year with my husband and our friends was tons of fun! All four of us were really into it and it was just really fun to experience with people who weren't necessarily big fans. They all said the show was really good. I feel like, if that was going to be my last hurrah in terms of my crazy days of BSB, that was a good one to go out on. But I've also said that before and then I got deep back into it, so who knows LOL.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #362 on: July 28, 2018, 01:34:43 PM »

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #363 on: July 28, 2018, 01:40:42 PM »

I haven't really done anything crazy for them, I always have to drive about 3 hours to see them when they tour here though as they never come to Wales.

Worst memory was when Kevin left as I thought it would be over.

If I had the money I would definitely see them in Las Vegas.  Told my husband that if we won the lottery we are going!

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #364 on: July 31, 2018, 09:35:45 PM »

My worst memory honestly doesn't really have to do anything with the boys.  Yes, that damn cruise experience of having to cancel due to pregnancy was the worst.  Again, nothing to do with the boys but it was really the start of me pulling back from the fandom.  I have had friends try to get me to go to Vegas to see them but I really have no desire.  I still listen to their music, love the new song, but I don't really care to see them live anymore. :( 

- Purpura -
   -Lore-

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #365 on: July 31, 2018, 11:17:41 PM »

Hey Lore!  Having to cancel the cruise had to be so disappointing, even though it was for a happy reason.  Maybe it'll be more tempting to go to a show when they tour and it doesn't involve traveling to Vegas.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #366 on: July 31, 2018, 11:18:40 PM »

Steph, I'm glad you're enjoying your new job!  It's easy to get comfortable staying in one place, but sometimes you need the change!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #367 on: July 31, 2018, 11:25:06 PM »

Just had to share - I went to Chicago for two days and heard DGBMY twice there, once on the radio and once in a bar.  So cool that it's getting so much airplay!

What's your favorite of their first singles?  I'm having a hard time choosing between IWITW, Incomplete, and IAWLT.  I think DGBMY was a great choice too!
~Julie

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #368 on: August 01, 2018, 09:36:42 AM »

Hey Lore!  Having to cancel the cruise had to be so disappointing, even though it was for a happy reason.  Maybe it'll be more tempting to go to a show when they tour and it doesn't involve traveling to Vegas.

Maybe, but they don't come to Colorado anymore sooooo

yeah my happy reason is 4 years old now... such a stinker....lov e him but what a stinker
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #369 on: August 01, 2018, 01:53:24 PM »

Hopefully they will on this big world tour they say they're going to do next year!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #370 on: August 01, 2018, 06:36:55 PM »

I've gotta stick with IWITW because it's what made me a fan.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #371 on: August 01, 2018, 10:33:36 PM »

I've gotta stick with IWITW because it's what made me a fan.

For sure!  I was already a fan, but IWITW and that era is what made me a super-fan.  I remember what a thrill it was to hear that song on the radio or MTV in the days when you couldn't just download a song and listen to it any old time before the album came out.  It's still one of the greatest pop songs of all time!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #372 on: August 02, 2018, 04:56:21 AM »

My worst memory honestly doesn't really have to do anything with the boys.  Yes, that damn cruise experience of having to cancel due to pregnancy was the worst.  Again, nothing to do with the boys but it was really the start of me pulling back from the fandom.  I have had friends try to get me to go to Vegas to see them but I really have no desire.  I still listen to their music, love the new song, but I don't really care to see them live anymore. :( 

Wow! Welcome back, Lore. It's nice to see you posting again.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #373 on: August 02, 2018, 06:02:25 PM »

I Want It That Way - like Julie it also launched me from fan to the superfan I am now LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #374 on: August 02, 2018, 09:32:15 PM »

Love seeing everyone posting on here!  I wish I could think of another question to keep the conversation going.  Anyone?
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38