Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38

Author Topic: Even newer questions to ponder  (Read 111139 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Even newer questions to ponder
« Reply #375 on: August 03, 2018, 08:48:13 AM »

I got nothing lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #376 on: August 03, 2018, 01:55:56 PM »

LOL same.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #377 on: August 05, 2018, 08:19:18 PM »

You guys are no help at all! LOL

Anyone else been to the site TV Tropes?  I'm not sure how I stumbled onto this site, but it's one of those rabbit hole sites like Wikipedia and YouTube, where clicking on one thing leads to clicking on another, and before you know it, you've wasted an hour.  Anyway, it's a site all about tropes (plot devices, cliches, etc.) in fiction - not just TV, but also movies, literature, etc.  There is even a section devoted to fanfic, as I discovered the other day.

Here is an index of fanfic tropes: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanficTropes  Each of these have a whole article explaining what it is and giving examples.  I spent a lot of time clicking on the ones I was unfamiliar with (which was a lot of them), but once I realized what they were, I could think of examples I'd either read in stories or written in my own.  I thought maybe this could generate some ideas for new questions.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 08:21:17 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #378 on: August 07, 2018, 09:15:47 PM »

TV Tropes is where fic writing productivity goes to die lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #379 on: August 09, 2018, 11:01:57 AM »

The song which made me become a fan was Everybody back in 1998, wow, twenty years ago!

I'm loving that they are being played on the radio here.  Whenever I go to the outlet shopping centre near where I live, they are always playing BSB and have done for years.  It makes me want to sing along as I'm looking around lol.  Whoever runs that place must be a fan too :)

Lore, so good to see you back.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #380 on: August 12, 2018, 12:55:48 AM »

TV Tropes is where fic writing productivity goes to die lol

LOL Seriously!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #381 on: August 12, 2018, 12:57:28 AM »

The song which made me become a fan was Everybody back in 1998, wow, twenty years ago!

I'm loving that they are being played on the radio here.  Whenever I go to the outlet shopping centre near where I live, they are always playing BSB and have done for years.  It makes me want to sing along as I'm looking around lol.  Whoever runs that place must be a fan too :)

Lore, so good to see you back.

I've been hearing BSB on the radio more and more lately - not just the new single, but old songs too.  We have a mix radio station that plays a variety of pop and light rock, both new and old, and they play old BSB singles like IWITW and Everybody a lot.  It's always fun to hear them on the radio or in stores!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #382 on: August 12, 2018, 04:48:43 AM »

Vegas has DGBMH on regular rotation, it's actually pretty awesome. My friend won the radio contest with the BSB Breakfast. It ended up lame cause the DJ basically took too long interviewing so it was more breakfast and then a M&G with Nick and Howie, but still. It's really neat seeing how Vegas has embraced them given years before when I used to joke that this city was a no-fan-land where tourists basically filled their shows when their tours came here.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #383 on: August 20, 2018, 02:27:58 AM »

I finally finished my romance series this week, I feel super accomplished. Plus I have something else lined up, just haven't had time to get it posted. And I am working on a one shot as well so it's been a pretty productive week writing wise. Anyone else working on anything new?

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #384 on: August 21, 2018, 10:18:23 PM »

Congrats, Tracy!

I am in a super big writing slump right now, ugh. I have lots of ideas but I haven't written anything really since the spring.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #385 on: August 25, 2018, 07:32:53 PM »

Congratulation s, Tracy!  What an accomplishment to finish a series you've been working on for so long!

I haven't written anything in a few weeks due to school starting back up, but I started a new Nick story in July.  I also made some progress on the BSB/ER crossover I've had in the works for awhile.  I'm hesitant to post anything until it's further along because of how flaky I've been the last few years, but at least I'm still writing.
~Julie

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #386 on: September 20, 2018, 02:11:16 AM »

Hi ladies...wow it's nice to see you guys still chatting on here.
Congrats Tracy!
I haven't written anything for years now, tell ya'll the truth I hadn't even heard the BSB in so long. Till last month that I moved to Vegas and some music app offered me a BSB playlist. I said, "what the heck" and wow I went down memory lane and BSB fangirled for a few days lol. I hope everyone is doing well.  ;D

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #387 on: September 20, 2018, 05:10:48 AM »

Hey nice to see you too, girl!!

Thanks everyone!!!!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #388 on: September 23, 2018, 06:50:03 AM »

Hi ladies...wow it's nice to see you guys still chatting on here.
Congrats Tracy!
I haven't written anything for years now, tell ya'll the truth I hadn't even heard the BSB in so long. Till last month that I moved to Vegas and some music app offered me a BSB playlist. I said, "what the heck" and wow I went down memory lane and BSB fangirled for a few days lol. I hope everyone is doing well.  ;D

Dude, I didn't know you moved here! That's kind of cool LOL

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #389 on: October 04, 2018, 08:15:45 AM »

Well done Tracy on finishing your series, wish I had some of your motivation!

I've not written anything in ages, even though I've had a few ideas.  Just never seem to have the time to sit down and relax long enough to write.  I blame work, housework and TV :D

Hope everyone is ok
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38