Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38

Author Topic: Even newer questions to ponder  (Read 112233 times)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Re: Even newer questions to ponder
« Reply #420 on: December 12, 2018, 09:30:23 AM »

I am going to try and do some writing over the holidays, maybe. I haven't talked about this a lot, but at the beginning of last year I got a LOT of really negative feedback on a fic I worked really hard on and it kind of crushed all my writing inspiration. But I'm trying to get back into it. I understand that sometimes we'll get constructive feedback and I'm fine with that, but comments that are just attacking me and saying something I did "pulled them out of the story" and "You've written a lot of 1D fic, how could you do this?" was just.. yeah.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #421 on: December 13, 2018, 04:59:50 PM »

People like that tend to suck all the fun out of writing. These people need to remember it’s fanfiction. It’s not like you’re getting paid to write about these people!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #422 on: December 13, 2018, 05:01:39 PM »

Is anyone else feeling inspired by the new music and BSB excitement, as far as writing goes?  I know Tracy has been writing, but otherwise, the site has been pretty quiet lately.

That VEVO interview was great. For only 10 minutes, it seemed to address many of the things we’ve always wondered. I wouldn’t be surprised if a story or two popped up about it.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #423 on: December 14, 2018, 03:29:58 AM »

That VEVO interview was great. For only 10 minutes, it seemed to address many of the things we’ve always wondered. I wouldn’t be surprised if a story or two popped up about it.

I've toyed with a few one shot possibilities. It's just getting some time to sit and really write it.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #424 on: December 14, 2018, 03:38:06 AM »

I've still been posting quite steadily. But that interview did make me want to go back to my group fic I was working on a while back.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #425 on: December 14, 2018, 08:03:03 PM »

I am going to try and do some writing over the holidays, maybe. I haven't talked about this a lot, but at the beginning of last year I got a LOT of really negative feedback on a fic I worked really hard on and it kind of crushed all my writing inspiration. But I'm trying to get back into it. I understand that sometimes we'll get constructive feedback and I'm fine with that, but comments that are just attacking me and saying something I did "pulled them out of the story" and "You've written a lot of 1D fic, how could you do this?" was just.. yeah.

Sorry to hear that!  That is rough.  Constructive criticism is one thing, but some people are so quick to react negatively when the storyline doesn't go the way they wanted it to.  At the end of the day, you don't owe anyone anything - write what you want, and screw what other people think.  That said, I'm sure some people loved it!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #426 on: December 14, 2018, 08:06:33 PM »

I could see that happening!

Did anything in that interview surprise you guys, or what did you think was the most interesting part?  It was interesting for me to hear Nick talk about Now or Never and admit that he kind of did it to rebel from the group and the whole boyband image.  I guess we always kind of knew that, but I don't recall ever hearing it from his mouth like that before.  It explains so much of the whole sound and vibe of that album.  But I loved what they said about finally embracing themselves as a boyband and just trying to be themselves.  They have definitely done that in the last five years, and I think they're at their best that way!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #427 on: December 15, 2018, 03:07:57 PM »

I could see that happening!

Did anything in that interview surprise you guys, or what did you think was the most interesting part?  It was interesting for me to hear Nick talk about Now or Never and admit that he kind of did it to rebel from the group and the whole boyband image.  I guess we always kind of knew that, but I don't recall ever hearing it from his mouth like that before.  It explains so much of the whole sound and vibe of that album.  But I loved what they said about finally embracing themselves as a boyband and just trying to be themselves.  They have definitely done that in the last five years, and I think they're at their best that way!

I love that they've embraced who they are. I think the NON talk was the most interesting to me as well. Nick was very honest about it and while many of us suspected that was his rebel teen phase essentially, it's neat to hear him admit it. Everything about the DNA era has been so well done and honest that I'm really excited for what the album will bring.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #428 on: December 15, 2018, 05:12:07 PM »

I don’t think I was surprised, but I thought it was enlightening that he kind of admitted he was embarrassed to be in a boyband and the mocking really bothered him. I agree that once they embraced who they were, they’ve been more successful. Like they realized, it’s not selling out if you use other people’s songs instead of your own, among other things. They all seem so comfortable in their own skin finally. I’m really happy for them and the fact that the industry seems to finally be taking them seriously as well.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #429 on: December 15, 2018, 08:52:20 PM »

I'm still over the moon about the Grammy nomination!  It's about time they started being taken seriously and respected for both their longevity and their talent.  I love that they have shown they can write their own music, play their own instruments, and evolve their style over the years, but there is something to be said for a well-written, catchy pop song like both singles they've released this year, no matter who wrote them.  DGBMH and Chances both sound current, but still have that classic BSB boyband vibe.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #430 on: December 16, 2018, 02:17:33 AM »

I love Chances! I read somewhere that the single actually doesn’t come out until January, so that’s when radio stations will hopefully start really playing it in rotation. I regularly hear DGBMH and they are really promoting their Hershey date here.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #431 on: December 16, 2018, 05:00:23 AM »

Yeah it got added for AC but the Top 40 add date is Jan 8th which is cool cause it'll be past the holiday music clutter. I hear both songs on the regular here which makes me happy, and tuning into radio more often cause it doesn't get old LOL. I'm beyond hyped about the Grammy. The fact they've gotten this again, in 2018 is freaking incredible. They're getting the respect from their peers and from the industry. They've embraced themselves and the world followed.

Edit - I must've been tired when I wrote this cause I epically failed and used the wrong "here"...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 07:02:35 AM by Rose »

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #432 on: December 16, 2018, 07:55:28 AM »

In montreal the radio play the two new songs almost everyday and the fans hope that we are gonna have a second show because the concert is sold out.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #433 on: December 16, 2018, 07:57:07 PM »

That's awesome!  I hope they do add another Montreal date for you.
~Julie

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #434 on: December 16, 2018, 08:54:49 PM »

Yes I hope because I wish to go to more than one show in Montreal or Quebec. Yesterday at the radio I hear get down and I scream in the car.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38