Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38

Author Topic: Even newer questions to ponder  (Read 111212 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Even newer questions to ponder
« Reply #435 on: December 22, 2018, 02:04:28 PM »

I've just watched the Vevo interview, very interesting.

I've not heard Chances on the radio here either, but I don't listen to the radio a lot, just on my way to and from work.

Steph, that must've made you feel so down about your story.  If people don't like it then they don't have to read it or comment on it, that's just so rude of them!  I'm sure you got loads of lovely reviews though.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #436 on: December 31, 2018, 12:22:02 PM »

Thanks guys. Yes it was incredibly frustrating.

That Vevo interview was interesting. It wasn't really any "new" information per se, but the way it was framed was new if that makes sense. Like, I think we were all well aware that Now or Never was Nick trying to rebel against being in a boyband and be more edgy, but that was the first time he'd ever spoken so candidly about that time. They were all refreshingly honest in that interview. I'd like to see more of that.

I haven't heard Chances on the radio at all, but I don't think it's been added yet. I feel like that's coming in January but I could be wrong. HOWEVER, I have heard Don't Go Breaking My Heart a LOT. Like... a lot. It's on Sirius XM Hit 1 really often and I've heard it on my local Top 40 tons as well. Pretty cool! I still jam to it every time. It's catchy AF. I think Chances will do well here, especially if they play up the fact that Shawn Mendes wrote it. It's unfortunate that he didn't also produce (does he produce?) because then it'd count as CanCon.

Are they doing soundchecks/VIPs this time around? I haven't done one in a while because the prices for Vegas were too much for me to stomach. I thought I saw something about them doing VIP but I haven't seen anything about soundcheck parties. I did a few Niall Horan soundchecks this year and I think rather than doing the M&G portions I'll just continue to do the soundchecks. They're much cheaper and you get so much more.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #437 on: December 31, 2018, 02:08:20 PM »

They're offering a couple of VIP packages that sound more like what they did in Vegas than what they've done on previous tours.  One includes a meet and greet, but no soundcheck.
 https://www.backstreetboys.com/news/297982  This page doesn't list the prices, but Rose looked them up before we bought concert tickets, and they were really high.  I don't remember exactly how much, but I think it was over $500.  So no VIP for us this time around.

I wish they would go back to the old soundcheck party format; I don't need drinks and hors d'oeuvres, but I always loved seeing the soundchecks.  Or do what they do at conventions and offer a photo op for a set price that could be split between friends if you don't mind doing a group photo.  But I guess as long as some people are willing to pay these prices, they'll keep doing it this way.  One of the downsides of them being more popular again.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #438 on: December 31, 2018, 02:20:03 PM »

Happy New Year!  What was your favorite BSB or fanfic-related memory from this year, and what are you most looking forward to in 2019?  Is anyone making writing-related resolutions?
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #439 on: December 31, 2018, 06:01:20 PM »

Remember when they used to do soundcheck by luck of the draw? Then if there was more room they’d just let you in. I have never been to a soundcheck or paid for a meet and greet. I would definitely prefer to watch a soundcheck and q and a over a meet and greet.

It seems ticket prices are a bit high for this tour but I guess it’s a good sign for them that they’re doing well.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #440 on: December 31, 2018, 06:04:32 PM »

Happy New Year to you too! I hope everyone has a great year!

My goal is to read more. I’m proud of myself for getting through three novels since Thanksgiving. It’s been a great distraction for me and helps with my anxiety.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #441 on: December 31, 2018, 07:40:12 PM »

Happy new year! My wish for 2019 is my health will be better and I want to finish the chapter of my fanfic. The best fanfic I read this year is a slash Brian/Kevin on another website. Yeah the price for the concert is high.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #442 on: January 01, 2019, 12:53:49 AM »

Ticketmaster has the VIP as of right now and while it includes a pit ticket, it's 850$ in most cities. And of course being TM it fluctuates a bit. Wonderful Union is *supposed* to have their own upgrades for the DNA tour for those who want to do VIP but not be in the Pit, and hopefully be cheaper? But they haven't been released/announced yet.

They're offering a couple of VIP packages that sound more like what they did in Vegas than what they've done on previous tours.  One includes a meet and greet, but no soundcheck.
 https://www.backstreetboys.com/news/297982  This page doesn't list the prices, but Rose looked them up before we bought concert tickets, and they were really high.  I don't remember exactly how much, but I think it was over $500.  So no VIP for us this time around.

I wish they would go back to the old soundcheck party format; I don't need drinks and hors d'oeuvres, but I always loved seeing the soundchecks.  Or do what they do at conventions and offer a photo op for a set price that could be split between friends if you don't mind doing a group photo.  But I guess as long as some people are willing to pay these prices, they'll keep doing it this way.  One of the downsides of them being more popular again.

I will forever do cons if they do cause I LOVE their selfie/pro photo options.

I miss the days where I spent 45 dollars on a concert ticket like I did for Unbreakable/TIU but hey I'm thrilled they're popular again. So it's expected. I'm excited for them to be touring again cause it's always an easy excuse to travel!

My favorite 2018 memories are our road trip, which was just amazing. Halloween where I decided to unleash my crazy and now proudly have a photo of myself as a zombie with all five Boys lmao, and a couple weeks ago at the Toy Drive here in Vegas. It was like a Nick VIP. It wasn't crazy, it was organized, and Nick spent loads of time with us. It was the cheapest VIP I'll ever do LOL with a donation minimum of 20$, and he was so sweet.

Also Happy New Year guys!
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #443 on: January 01, 2019, 06:30:01 PM »

Remember when they used to do soundcheck by luck of the draw? Then if there was more room they’d just let you in. I have never been to a soundcheck or paid for a meet and greet. I would definitely prefer to watch a soundcheck and q and a over a meet and greet.

It seems ticket prices are a bit high for this tour but I guess it’s a good sign for them that they’re doing well.

Yes!  They did that on the Never Gone and Unbreakable tours.  I liked the Unbreakable format the best because you could either win or buy soundcheck, and you got a picture with the guys either way.  I bought VIP for one of my shows that tour, which was my first time meeting the guys, and it seemed like so much money at the time, but looking back, I wish they still offered packages with as much as you got with that one for that price.

I liked the different levels of VIP too because you could just go to soundcheck with a bronze, which was not that expensive, or get a group picture with silver, which was still reasonable compared to the prices now.  I never felt the need to go above silver with that system.  I'm glad I got to meet them so many times while it was affordable, relatively-speaking, because I will not pay $500+ for a picture with them.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #444 on: January 01, 2019, 06:31:19 PM »

Happy New Year to you too! I hope everyone has a great year!

My goal is to read more. I’m proud of myself for getting through three novels since Thanksgiving. It’s been a great distraction for me and helps with my anxiety.

That's great!  I haven't been good about reading lately, but the books I did read this past year were mostly nonfiction, which was new for me... I've always been almost exclusively a fiction reader.  So at least I've broadened my horizons.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #445 on: January 01, 2019, 06:34:16 PM »

Ticketmaster has the VIP as of right now and while it includes a pit ticket, it's 850$ in most cities. And of course being TM it fluctuates a bit. Wonderful Union is *supposed* to have their own upgrades for the DNA tour for those who want to do VIP but not be in the Pit, and hopefully be cheaper? But they haven't been released/announced yet.

I will forever do cons if they do cause I LOVE their selfie/pro photo options.

I hope Wonderful Union offers something more reasonable!  I can't understand paying that much for to be in the pit.  I would much rather have a seat, even if it means being slightly farther away.  I HATE GA.

Cons are the best!  I hope Nick, AJ, and Howie keep doing them.  Nick needs to make another movie so they have more excuses to go promote stuff LOL.

~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #446 on: January 01, 2019, 06:39:48 PM »

I didn't go to any BSB shows last year, but I did see Nick, AJ, and Howie at the Fanboy Expo in July, so that would have to be my favorite BSB-related memory from 2018.  The two single releases are right up there too - so exciting!

I did not have a good year in terms of writing or reading fanfic.  I worked sporadically on several different stories, but struggled to focus enough to make real progress on any one of them.  I finally got into a groove with one of them at the end of November and have been working on that one for the past few weeks, so I'm hoping that will continue this year.  My resolution is just to keep writing regularly so I can get back to updating regularly.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #447 on: January 03, 2019, 02:50:15 AM »

Happy new year to all of you as well.

I currently do not have tickets for DNA. The dates didn't really work around stuff I had booked already... And the one venue that is 45 minutes from my house... Prudential Center in Newark was way too expensive for even nosebleeds.

So for me...it was cheaper to do a small trip go Vegas in April. I got a cheap hotel close to the venue.. Nothing crazy but at least I'll see the boys lol. Plus I am doing a table again. Not a bad thing at all.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #448 on: January 03, 2019, 02:46:10 PM »

Aww, sorry about the DNA shows, but glad you're doing Vegas again!  I wonder how different the tour will be from the residency show.  I'm sure they'll put in more songs from the new album, but I wonder if they'll change up the other songs, choreography, etc. or keep a lot of it the same.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #449 on: January 04, 2019, 01:46:22 AM »

I hope they change it up.

So, thoughts on "No Place"?
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38