Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38

Author Topic: Even newer questions to ponder  (Read 112195 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Even newer questions to ponder
« Reply #450 on: January 04, 2019, 03:07:52 AM »

I love it!!  It's simple and sweet; I love the sentiment behind it, and I love hearing each of their voices on it.  I'm glad Brian seems to be getting more solos on this album.  They're 3 for 3 on good songs so far, which makes me even more excited to hear the whole album!   I love that they're all so different-sounding from each other too.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #451 on: January 04, 2019, 04:40:42 AM »

This album has been diverse as hell so far, I'm getting Unbreakable vibes but like in better quality songs if that makes sense? After watching the clips of the video on Brian's IG I'm annoyed there was a YouTube fail and we can't watch the video LOL.

Nick and Kevin sound SO good on this song.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #452 on: January 04, 2019, 05:20:21 AM »

Where is everyone hearing this song? I'm just hearing the snippets that they've been posting on Instagram. From that I like what I'm hearing.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #453 on: January 04, 2019, 11:19:34 AM »

I think the song is up on YouTube and I hear it on Itunes. I’m happy to see Brian smile like that!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #454 on: January 04, 2019, 11:54:54 AM »

Where is everyone hearing this song? I'm just hearing the snippets that they've been posting on Instagram. From that I like what I'm hearing.

It's available to buy or stream on Spotify. The YT link finally works and the video is so sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OTZmyheI9k

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #455 on: January 04, 2019, 12:34:37 PM »

This album has been diverse as hell so far, I'm getting Unbreakable vibes but like in better quality songs if that makes sense? After watching the clips of the video on Brian's IG I'm annoyed there was a YouTube fail and we can't watch the video LOL.

Nick and Kevin sound SO good on this song.

That does make sense.  Unbreakable was diverse in terms of sound, but I agree about the quality.   Unbreakable had a few duds to begin with, and some of the others haven't aged so well.  These three new songs are all so good, I don't see myself getting tired of them.  I still jam out to DGBMH all the time, and we've had that one since May!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #456 on: January 04, 2019, 12:39:35 PM »

OMG, that video is absolutely precious!!!  Perfect concept for that song!  So much love!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #457 on: January 04, 2019, 02:55:41 PM »

Omg! I loved that video!!! I like the song too. All three have been really catchy.

But ugh Rose, I cringe every time you mention Unbreakable. Just...no lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #458 on: January 05, 2019, 09:42:55 AM »

LOL I just mean by how varied it is. I like Unbreakable but it definitely has a few duds and others haven't aged well.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #459 on: January 05, 2019, 02:47:03 PM »

In terms of sound, I think DNA's going to be more similar to IAWLT, which is a good thing.  IAWLT has held up much better for me than either Unbreakable or TIU.  Even though it's the most recently released album, it's over 5 years old by now, and I'm still not tired of listening to it.  Based on what we've heard so far, I think DNA's going to be just as good, if not better.

It just goes to show how important Kevin coming back was for the group, not just in terms of their sound, but the style and quality of music.  I still say Kevin would not have allowed some of the crap they put on TIU LOL.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #460 on: January 05, 2019, 04:36:07 PM »

I think maybe after he heard TIU he said “Jesus! I better go back now before they totally destroy themselves” lol

I admit I get Unbreakable and TIU confused. Just shows you how much I listen to them. It’s TIU which is awful. Unbreakable has at least two or three good songs on it. For my taste anyway.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #461 on: January 05, 2019, 05:52:34 PM »

LOL exactly!  TIU has some good songs on it, but the bad ones are REALLY bad.  I don't find any of the tracks on Unbreakable bad per se, just boring.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #462 on: January 08, 2019, 05:58:41 PM »

My hero JK Rowling posted a new blog on her website where she answers some questions about writing and gives some tips: https://www.jkrowling.com/opinions/on-writing/  It's not really anything new, but I do agree with her advice.  Is there anything that stands out to any of you?

I've always found reading a good way to inspire writing, so Sunday night I started re-reading an older fanfic  that has some things in common with the story I'm trying to write right now, hoping it might help keep me in fanfic mode as I headed back to the reality of work this week.  It worked in that I'm definitely still in fanfic mode, but now I would rather just read this story than work on my own LOL.  Whoops.  In the long run, though, I hope it will help.  I have gotten into the bad habit of watching too much TV and not reading enough books, and I need to fix that.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #463 on: January 09, 2019, 05:53:36 AM »

Ah man I have not read in forever. Lately I've been doing so much writing that I haven't gotten around to any reading, not to mention nobody really updates so it' hard to find something to read.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #464 on: January 09, 2019, 06:03:04 PM »

Very true!  For those of you who still write - do you post your stories on any other sites, and if so, what has your experience been with those?  I know Archive of Our Own and WattPad seem to have semi-active BSB fandoms (more so than AC seems to lately, sadly), but I haven't explored those sites enough to know what the quality of stories is like (from a reading standpoint) or what kind of feedback to expect (from a writing standpoint).

And for those who aren't writing at all or have stopped writing BSB fanfic - do you miss it?  If so, what do you miss most?  What do you not miss about it?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 06:05:56 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38