Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38

Author Topic: Even newer questions to ponder  (Read 111118 times)

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
Re: Even newer questions to ponder
« Reply #465 on: January 09, 2019, 10:24:06 PM »

I write on Archive of our own and it has more respond there for slash and the website it is very easy to use.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #466 on: January 09, 2019, 10:58:12 PM »

I post regularly on wattpad and the feedback I get is amazing, I love to be able to interact with my readers. I also post on Archive Of Our Own... And I get a lot of comments to update stories and feedback there. Both are great places to post your work and I highly enjoy it.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #467 on: January 10, 2019, 06:28:06 PM »

Thanks for the recommendation s!  Maybe I'll start posting my new story on those sites along with AC when I'm ready.  It would be nice to reach some new readers and also find some new stories to read!  Speaking of which, anyone reading any BSB fics you'd like to recommend?
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #468 on: January 10, 2019, 06:44:08 PM »

You are welcome! I read almost only slash so I know you didn’t like this type of story.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #469 on: January 10, 2019, 06:52:04 PM »

Not usually, but I'm more open to it now than I used to be.  Especially if it's well-written and contains medical drama.
~Julie

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #470 on: January 10, 2019, 07:09:46 PM »

The slash I read don’t have medical drama in it sorry.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #471 on: January 10, 2019, 07:58:53 PM »

Aww, okay.  Well, if anyone knows any good new medical drama or suspense fics, let me know!  Those are my favorites, and it's been SO LONG since I've read a new one!

A question for everyone:  What are you currently reading, or if you're like me and not reading anything new right now, what was the last great fanfic you read?

I think the last one I was super into that actually got finished is "Ladies Choice" by Erika (KeepThisSecret).  That was a great suspense story!  I love Erika's writing - where are you, Erika??  The other stories I've gotten into since are unfinished and haven't been updated since 2017...
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #472 on: January 11, 2019, 02:38:32 AM »

Unfortunately I don't have any recommendation s but I'd like some too haha. Sorry I'm not much help on that aspect. I unfortunately haven't had anything new to read in a long time, and I think the last really good story I read was Sick As My Secrets LOL

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #473 on: January 11, 2019, 06:23:17 PM »

Very true!  For those of you who still write - do you post your stories on any other sites, and if so, what has your experience been with those?  I know Archive of Our Own and WattPad seem to have semi-active BSB fandoms (more so than AC seems to lately, sadly), but I haven't explored those sites enough to know what the quality of stories is like (from a reading standpoint) or what kind of feedback to expect (from a writing standpoint).

And for those who aren't writing at all or have stopped writing BSB fanfic - do you miss it?  If so, what do you miss most?  What do you not miss about it?

I wish I missed it more than I do. I guess what I miss most is getting feedback on what I wrote but I don’t miss the stress of feeling the need to constantly update.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #474 on: January 11, 2019, 06:29:49 PM »

Aww, okay.  Well, if anyone knows any good new medical drama or suspense fics, let me know!  Those are my favorites, and it's been SO LONG since I've read a new one!

A question for everyone:  What are you currently reading, or if you're like me and not reading anything new right now, what was the last great fanfic you read?

I think the last one I was super into that actually got finished is "Ladies Choice" by Erika (KeepThisSecret).  That was a great suspense story!  I love Erika's writing - where are you, Erika??  The other stories I've gotten into since are unfinished and haven't been updated since 2017...

I am reading Turtles All the Way Down by John Green and it’s great. I haven’t really read anything else by him besides The Fault in Our Stars but this one kind of reminds me of it. It’s pretty cute and funny minus the death stuff.

I’ did a lot of reading over Christmas break. I read the next person you meet in heaven which was fantastic. The Outsider by Stephen King was awesome and The Bridge of Clay was great! Doing all the reading does make me feel nostalgic to write, but not fanfic. I just don’t feel the guys that way anymore.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #475 on: January 11, 2019, 08:02:05 PM »

Unfortunately I don't have any recommendation s but I'd like some too haha. Sorry I'm not much help on that aspect. I unfortunately haven't had anything new to read in a long time, and I think the last really good story I read was Sick As My Secrets LOL

Aw, thanks!  I can't believe that story has been finished for almost two years now!  Hopefully the new album will bring some other writers crawling out of the woodwork.  We seem to inspire each other - it seems like we all slump at the same time, and then there's a resurgence.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #476 on: January 11, 2019, 08:11:28 PM »

I wish I missed it more than I do. I guess what I miss most is getting feedback on what I wrote but I don’t miss the stress of feeling the need to constantly update.

I miss your writing!  But that does make sense.  I'm still writing but not posting right now, and I think the feedback is what I miss most too.  But the whole not posting part has alleviated the pressure to update and the guilt I feel when I leave people hanging too long, which has been nice.  I still enjoy writing for myself, with the knowledge that I'll eventually post it for other people to read and hopefully get some reviews then.  I will admit, though, it's harder to stay motivated without that feedback!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #477 on: January 11, 2019, 08:15:02 PM »

I am reading Turtles All the Way Down by John Green and it’s great. I haven’t really read anything else by him besides The Fault in Our Stars but this one kind of reminds me of it. It’s pretty cute and funny minus the death stuff.

I’ did a lot of reading over Christmas break. I read the next person you meet in heaven which was fantastic. The Outsider by Stephen King was awesome and The Bridge of Clay was great! Doing all the reading does make me feel nostalgic to write, but not fanfic. I just don’t feel the guys that way anymore.

I'll have to check that one out; I haven't even heard of it!  I LOVED The Fault in Our Stars, but then I read Paper Towns and didn't enjoy that one nearly as much.

Do you see yourself writing more original fiction in the future?
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #478 on: January 11, 2019, 10:45:55 PM »

I've been steadily writing but getting very little feedback. I just push myself to finish because I need to get out of leaving things unfinished.

So far that's been working well for me.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #479 on: January 11, 2019, 11:02:51 PM »

That's so hard, but good for you!

With reviews turned off on AC, do you find that readers just don't give feedback at all, or do they give it in a different way (tweet, email, etc.)?  I haven't posted anything since reviews were disabled, so that's going to be different for me when I finally do.  I used to get most of my feedback through emails back in the day, but most of it for my last few novels has come from AC reviews.  I will miss those!
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38