Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38

Author Topic: Even newer questions to ponder  (Read 111136 times)

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
Re: Even newer questions to ponder
« Reply #495 on: January 18, 2019, 05:48:36 PM »

Thanks! Because I read so many means things about Brian and I don’t know why people doesn’t like Brian this much.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #496 on: January 18, 2019, 08:45:30 PM »

I will always love Brian!  I may not agree with him politically, but I still love him.  It's just a different kind of love than the teenybopper infatuation I had with him back in the day.

I have a much deeper appreciation for Kevin and Howie now than I had 20 years ago.  I feel like they've let their personalities and sense of humor shine more in recent years.  I didn't fully appreciate Kevin until he left and came back. I was devastated when he left the group and so grateful when he came back, and every time I have seen him since, he always seems to be enjoying himself and just as appreciative of us fans as we are of him.  In hindsight, I think that break was good for both him and for us as a fan base.

My feelings for AJ have fluctuated a little over the years, but not to any extremes.  AJ used to be my second favorite after Brian, and now Nick has taken his place, but I still love AJ.  He went through kind of an annoying phase back when he first married Rochelle and they called each other Monkee all the time and he posted all those annoying videos on SocialCam or whatever that was called... but I think AJ the family man is my favorite version of AJ of all!  He, Rochelle, Ava, and Lyric are so adorable!  It makes me happy to see him so happy and healthy and fulfilled.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #497 on: January 18, 2019, 10:48:03 PM »

I love Brian. Nothing wrong with that  :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #498 on: January 19, 2019, 03:30:49 AM »

Yup, it's all good. Everyone has their reasons to like or not like the guys.

For me, as you guys know, I came into this fandom pretty late. They were just going into their hiatus while AJ was in rehab. By that time, I was way past my teenybopper years and didn't really look at them in that way. The first time I ever really took notice of them as people was when they made their appearance on TRL to announce AJ was in rehab. I didn't know them from a hole in the wall, except that they sang many of the songs I loved on the radio. When I watched that interview, I was immediately drawn to Nick because he looked so sad. I just wanted them to give the kid a hug lol I remember thinking that.

After I started learning more about them and became involved in the fandom, Nick and Kevin became my favorites. I think I just identified the most with Nick because of his home life. I swear that if I ever did the twenty three and me test I'd be related to him in some way. My mother was adopted so we know nothing about her background, but she has so many of Jane's traits (including her batshit craziness) that I swear they have to be sisters lol anyway, it was and still isn't an attraction with him, although he is adorable, it was just a feeling of connection. Even when he was going through his rough patch, I still felt for him. I've always just gotten Nick. I agree with all of you, this daddy, grown up version is the best one!

Kevin just has always seemed like a protecter and put together. Someone I wish I had in my life growing up. I think that's why in my stories, I have him bonded with Nick the way I do. Existentially, I've always been a Nick in search of her Kevin lol

Brian at first, seemed like a fun, sweet guy. When I went to his golf thing, he was great. I think when you attach yourself to a horrible person like he has, over the years you just start becoming that person. I think his personality is very mold able and he has molded lol.

I adore Howie. He used to be "and the rest" with AJ, but his sense of hum our and dorkishness, have made him jump up into Nick and Kevin status. He's someone that if we were in high school together, would have definitely been in my group of friends.

AJ has and will always be "and the rest" lol he is by far the sweetest one out of the five but also just kind of there. I love his voice and think he's a spectacular dad, but over the years he's just done nothing else for me besides become my comic relief for the other guys. Especially when he went through that ridiculous selfie phase.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #499 on: January 19, 2019, 07:05:38 PM »

LOL I am definitely glad AJ's selfie phase is over, although I actually found myself sad when he posted a video on Instagram last week saying he's going to be taking a break from social media.  We'll see how long that lasts.  I really just enjoy seeing the pictures and videos he posts of the girls.  Like I said, that is my favorite version of AJ!

I also agree with what you said about Brian.  I don't dislike Leighanne; I've met her several times and had full conversations with her, and she's never been anything but sweet and friendly.  That said, I know your experience was different, and I totally understand why some fans don't like her.  I do think she has molded him and that he might have different views if he had married someone else (someone like me... ha!).  But I guess that's just what happens with couples.  Lauren has definitely changed Nick as well; that is just a more positive change.

That is so interesting what you said about being a Nick in search of her Kevin.  I love that.  It definitely explains why you are drawn to them and always wrote their relationship so well.  I miss your fanfic!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #500 on: January 20, 2019, 07:54:22 AM »

Aww thanks! Sometimes I miss writing them. Kevin and Nick lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #501 on: January 26, 2019, 11:15:35 PM »

Here's a music-related question for you all.  Tell us about your all-time favorite BSB song!  Do you remember the first time you heard it?  Was it your instant favorite, or did it grow on you the more you heard it?

I have two favorites, Don't Wanna Lose You Now and Siberia.  Usually I say DWLYN is my favorite with Siberia as a close second, but all this excitement over the new album has me reminiscing on what a stand out Siberia was from the first time I heard Never Gone and what an amazing song it still is, so I'm on more of a Siberia kick right now.  I still remember the first time I heard Siberia on the day Never Gone was released.  I hated the first few notes of it... but once it got going, I liked it more and more, and by the first chorus, I loved it.  By the end of the song, it was my favorite track!  As I listened to Never Gone on repeat that whole summer, I almost always either started with Siberia or started with Climbing the Walls (which I also loved) so I could get to Siberia sooner than starting at the beginning of the album.  I absolutely loved it live on the Never Gone tour (with the snow falling!) and have been thrilled on the few rare occasions I've gotten to hear them sing it live since (soundchecks and the cruise).  I love it for its melody and the way it starts so simple and then builds and adds layers of harmony, and I also love it for its lyrics and the story it tells.  It's also a great Brian song!!  It will be hard for any new BSB song to ever top Siberia for me.

And then there's Don't Wanna Lose You Now.  DWLYN was not my favorite track on Millennium the first time I heard it or even the first few weeks (months?) after that album came out.  I always liked it, but it didn't stand out to me among all the other amazing tracks.  But at some point during the summer of 1999, I was listening to it on my Discman in the back seat of my mom's car while we were road tripping somewhere, and something just clicked for me with that song, and I fell in love with it.  Around the same time (I don't remember if it was before or after), I read the fanfic Where Can We Go From Here, which features the infamous scene of the guys singing DWLYN around Nick's hospital bed as the doctors are about to take him off life support, and then he wakes up from his coma.  Soooo cheesy, but I was 14 at the time and ATE. THAT. SHIT. UP.  I think that's another reason I started loving DWLYN so much, and I've never stopped since!  I've only seen them sing this song live one time, at my first concert during the Millennium tour, and I've always wished they would sing it again at something I'm actually at!  I know they sang it on at least one of the cruises I was not on, and I was so jealous, but it was fun watching the video of it.  The guys seem to really like that song too, so I wish they'd bring it back for a tour like they've done with other random non-singles, like Don't Want You Back, Get Another Boyfriend, and Undone.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 11:17:07 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

smh1105

• Fledgling
« Reply #502 on: January 27, 2019, 09:11:59 PM »

That's a really good question and a tough one to answer!

I think Everybody will always have a special place in my heart cause its the song that made me interested in them in the first place. So I will always love that song for opening up the door to them for me. Not to mention I watched the all access VHS of the making of that video like a HUNDRED times lol.

I also really like I Need You Tonight on Millennium. Its such a beautiful song. I remember hearing it on Britney Spears' first album. She sampled a couple of their songs from the Millennium album and when I heard I Need You Tonight I fell in love with it. Nick's voice on that song is incredible and made me swoon!

But I think I would have to say, overall, out of all their stuff, including DNA, that my absolute favorite song is Show 'Em What Your Made Of. It is such an inspirational song. I almost start crying every time I listen to it. I don't think I was excited over it when I first started listening to IAWLT, but over time it started really speaking to me. Its been a hard couple of years for me. So it can be a very uplifting and motivational song when the depression is hitting hard.
~Shaina~
"A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity" Franz Kafka
"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity" Edgar Allen Poe

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #503 on: January 27, 2019, 09:40:27 PM »

OMG, the All Access video is my favorite!  That's the first BSB VHS I bought, and I watched that thing all the time too!  So many great quotes came from that video.

I Need You Tonight is a pretty song.  I absolutely love Nick singing it (as Heaven In Your Eyes) on the A Night Out concert - my other favorite BSB VHS!  I was not a Nick fan at all back then, but that performance is so beautiful!

I love Show 'Em too.  It's such a sweet, personal song.  I was at the first show of the IAWLT tour in Chicago, and Kevin totally got choked up singing his solo in that song (which is my favorite part of it).  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPLSZ1u0Kb8  Love!  Also, the music video for it is AMAZING! :drools:
~Julie

smh1105

• Fledgling
« Reply #504 on: January 27, 2019, 10:43:58 PM »

I love Show 'Em too.  It's such a sweet, personal song.  I was at the first show of the IAWLT tour in Chicago, and Kevin totally got choked up singing his solo in that song (which is my favorite part of it). 

Awww  :'(
~Shaina~
"A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity" Franz Kafka
"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity" Edgar Allen Poe

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #505 on: January 29, 2019, 01:27:27 PM »

I am going to have to say that my favorite BSB song is still “I Want it That Way” maybe it’s more of a nostalgia thing, but this is the song that made me fall in love with them. It always makes me happy when I hear it and I always have to sing along, whether it’s just the straight up lead or the harmony parts. I love love love it!

That being said, I have a few second choices - Madeline is a great song. I Still is up there as well as Take Care
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 01:29:53 PM by mare »

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #506 on: January 29, 2019, 06:35:15 PM »

10,000 Promises is my favorite BSB song. Ever since I watched their A Night Out on vhs. That's when I fully appreciated and fell in love with it. Now I have some amazing memories attached to the song as well, but it's just a really beautiful song.

I'm also very attached to As Long As You Love Me in terms of singles.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #507 on: January 29, 2019, 10:04:20 PM »

I am going to have to say that my favorite BSB song is still “I Want it That Way” maybe it’s more of a nostalgia thing, but this is the song that made me fall in love with them. It always makes me happy when I hear it and I always have to sing along, whether it’s just the straight up lead or the harmony parts. I love love love it!

That being said, I have a few second choices - Madeline is a great song. I Still is up there as well as Take Care

I feel the same way about I Want It That Way.  It's the song that took me from a fan to an OBSESSED fan, so I will always be nostalgic for that early Millennium era - so exciting and so much fun!  But also, it's just a really great pop song, even if the lyrics make no sense.  It's so catchy, without being annoying.  I still enjoy hearing it on the radio from time to time.  I'll never get sick of IWITW, and it wouldn't be a BSB concert without hearing them sing it.

Madeleine and Take Care are both amazing songs, too!  IAWLT is such an awesome album, it's still hard for me to pick favorite tracks because I pretty much love them all!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #508 on: January 29, 2019, 10:07:32 PM »

10,000 Promises is my favorite BSB song. Ever since I watched their A Night Out on vhs. That's when I fully appreciated and fell in love with it. Now I have some amazing memories attached to the song as well, but it's just a really beautiful song.

I'm also very attached to As Long As You Love Me in terms of singles.

That's how I feel about Like a Child, which is way up there on my favorites list.  I fell in love with it watching the A Night Out video, and then when I realized it was a track on Backstreet's Back, even better!  That's a song I've never seen them sing live (in person) and would love to!

I agree about As Long As You Love Me too.  That's the song that made me a fan.  The first time I ever saw what the guys looked like, it was when they performed ALAYLM on All That, and I fell in love with Brian at first sight.  Leighanne and I have that in common with that song, LOL.  It's also just a great song... even if the lyrics are a little sketchy LOL.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #509 on: January 30, 2019, 04:58:15 AM »

lol I mean at least some things never change, in ALAYLM they don't care who you are or where you're from...and in New Love they don't wanna know your name.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38