Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38

Author Topic: Even newer questions to ponder  (Read 111128 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Even newer questions to ponder
« Reply #525 on: February 02, 2019, 11:49:07 AM »

I agree!  The Drowning video was disappointing too.  I like the wet version better, even though the side effects were super cheesy.  At least it went with the song!  I didn't mind More Than That as much because they hadn't done so many scenery videos at that time.  I actually really like the Incomplete video; at least it had an actual concept, with each of the guys representing a different element.  That one had some cool imagery.  I love Kevin playing the piano in the snow, Brian drowning in the ocean, angsty Nick setting fire to a gas station, Howie doing laundry, etc. LOL.  Something like that definitely could have worked for HWSS.  They just need some wind and rain, not just a pretty meadow.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 11:51:00 AM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #526 on: February 02, 2019, 11:52:15 AM »

(on a side note, I feel like Howie was going through weird hair length phases in each of those videos lol)

LMAO you're so right about this!  Howie has had a lot of weird hair phases.  I like how his hair is now.  Howie has gotten a lot more attractive over the years!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #527 on: February 02, 2019, 02:31:05 PM »

Helpless When She Smiles

I think I've watched that video twice LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #528 on: February 02, 2019, 11:50:37 PM »

Come to think of it I have never watched the video for Helpless When She Smiles lmao

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #529 on: February 03, 2019, 01:11:07 AM »

Well, watch it on YouTube and report back to us! LOL
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #530 on: February 04, 2019, 05:22:25 PM »

Here's a question that may spark some debate.  What would it take to make you suddenly stop being a BSB fan?  I'm not talking about slowly growing out of them, losing interest and moving on;  I mean one day you were all about them, and the next day you were done.  What would have to happen to completely change your mind about them?  For some people, all it took was the sexual assault accusations against Nick.  For those of us who are still fans, can you think of another situation that would cause the same reaction in you?
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #531 on: February 05, 2019, 03:25:04 AM »

I think if there was something proven about Nick. If I sincerely believed he was guilty, I'd be done. Or any of them. I'd need something concrete. I'm all about something tangible, so it'd never be something he said/she said.

But by done, I mean I wouldn't be looking them up. I'd unfollow, and make myself move on. I may not cut off like older music I'd enjoyed. I just wouldn't listen to anything new. Or track them in any way.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 03:26:42 AM by Rose »

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #532 on: February 05, 2019, 05:35:43 PM »

It would be hard to just turn your fandom off that way.  I don't think I could do it.  Especially because of one member out of a group of five.  Some may judge me for this, but I'm gonna say it anyway:  Even if Nick came out and admitted that he did rape Melissa Schuman in 2002, I don't think I would turn against him.  Nick is a different person than he was in 2002.  He made a lot of bad decisions that I didn't condone back then and still don't now, but I loved him through that phase in his life and love him even more now that he's gotten his act together.  I would be disappointed in him, but I would also be willing to forgive him.  I might have a different view of it if he had actually been convicted of rape back then or if it happened today, but I can't turn my back on someone I've been a fan of for 20+ years based on someone else's word, without any evidence, especially when he denied it.  I honestly don't know what it would take to make me turn my back on any of the Boys like that, but like you said, Rose, there would have to be irrefutable proof they did something horribly wrong.  But then, I write stories about Nick murdering women for fun, so my judgment may be a bit off, LOL.  I just feel like, after this long, the love I have for these guys is unconditional.  I'm not talking about a teenybopper, romantic version of love; I'm past the point in my life where I want to marry one of them.  It's more like a family type of love.  You love your family no matter what.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 05:39:16 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #533 on: February 06, 2019, 04:49:42 AM »

It would be hard to just turn your fandom off that way.  I don't think I could do it.  Especially because of one member out of a group of five.  Some may judge me for this, but I'm gonna say it anyway:  Even if Nick came out and admitted that he did rape Melissa Schuman in 2002, I don't think I would turn against him.  Nick is a different person than he was in 2002.  He made a lot of bad decisions that I didn't condone back then and still don't now, but I loved him through that phase in his life and love him even more now that he's gotten his act together.  I would be disappointed in him, but I would also be willing to forgive him.  I might have a different view of it if he had actually been convicted of rape back then or if it happened today, but I can't turn my back on someone I've been a fan of for 20+ years based on someone else's word, without any evidence, especially when he denied it.  I honestly don't know what it would take to make me turn my back on any of the Boys like that, but like you said, Rose, there would have to be irrefutable proof they did something horribly wrong.  But then, I write stories about Nick murdering women for fun, so my judgment may be a bit off, LOL.  I just feel like, after this long, the love I have for these guys is unconditional.  I'm not talking about a teenybopper, romantic version of love; I'm past the point in my life where I want to marry one of them.  It's more like a family type of love.  You love your family no matter what.

You make a good point. And while I've cut off other artists I enjoyed, I've never cut off one where my fandom ran this deep. I can fully admit that while in theory, if I was given concrete proof that he did it, I may very well not do it in a case like this where he's clearly not the same person he was in 2002. It's easy to say I'd be done and cut myself off but another to actually do so. But if something was going to, I think it'd be absolute proof - or at least get me the closest to actually doing so. Or if he or any of the Boys, did something like that today, and they got convicted.

But someone's word, with absolutely nothing else? And him denying it? No. That would not do it.

smh1105

• Fledgling
« Reply #534 on: February 06, 2019, 06:26:42 PM »

I agree that it would take something very serious with irrefutable evidence and was found guilty of something to just be like no, I don't want anything to do with them or that person.  And obviously the whole thing with Nick didn't seems to be taken too seriously cause I didn't even find out about it till almost a year after she came out about it (but then again I was going through a lot at that time so I might have just been oblivious) If she can't tell that Nick is a completely different person then he was back then, then she might be doing it just to get attention. 

What do you think the rest of the guys would do if one of them was found guilty of something? Do you think they will go one without that memeber? Yea, they did when kevin left and did a bunch of shows with out AJ but if it was something serious, do you think they would go on?
~Shaina~
"A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity" Franz Kafka
"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity" Edgar Allen Poe

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #535 on: February 06, 2019, 06:34:21 PM »

This topic is so interesting and complex. It's interesting to see your angle of looking at the boys as family. When you put it that way it makes so much sense.

I've only ever thrown myself into two fandoms in my life. Duran Duran and BSB. All the other groups I have enjoyed, I don't think I'd even be able to name everyone in the group. Seriously, I still don't think I can name all five of the nsync guys without help lol

I can say that I watched the last season of House of Cards and would have, even if Kevin Spacey was involved, because I loved that show and he was only part of it. I can also admit that I can never completely watch anything with Bill Cosby In it, without feeling a high level of disgust. Complex, see what I mean?

When it comes to the boys, my fandom has waned already, which you guys all know. Because it has, I can tell you the only way I would even know about this Melissa thing is through the two or three people who talked about it on my twitter feed. I barely follow any BSB fans really except for the few of you who post in here. You guys are the only reason I know about it. My point being, for whatever reason, this never became a big deal. So for me, it's never been a big deal. I have never been the type of person that will automatically side with a victim just because they are a victim. One of my best friends in high school was accused of raping his ex girlfriend in our senior year of high school. He was 18 and she was 16. They took him away in handcuffs and just like that, his life was ruined. He wasn't convicted, it never went to trial and charges were dismissed. Despite all of that, there was always speculation. He ended up moving out of state and starting over. Years later, that same girl admitted she made up the whole story because he didn't ask her to prom. So, yeah... That's how I think about things.

Everyone is entitled to think what they want. The problems start when you try to convince people your thinkng is the correct thinking. Just like politics, no one is going to ever win those arguments.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #536 on: February 06, 2019, 07:10:14 PM »

Well, watch it on YouTube and report back to us! LOL

Okay so I just finally got around to watching the video and wtf I am so disappointed in Helpless When She Smiles... That video has nothing to do with the song. It's boring and I was unimpressed. I also think the only thing about it that I liked was Nick and Brian lol they look good. That was it.

I remember when the boys had their Say Now and Nick had called in from the video shoot to tell us that for the shots in the field they were getting hit with cow patties from the helicopter. Haha

For some reason I never got around to watching the video until now

smh1105

• Fledgling
« Reply #537 on: February 06, 2019, 07:17:09 PM »

I remember when the boys had their Say Now and Nick had called in from the video shoot to tell us that for the shots in the field they were getting hit with cow patties from the helicopter. Haha

OMG  :D I would love to see that blooper footage. They should have kept that in the video, probably would have made it more interesting. LOL
~Shaina~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #538 on: February 06, 2019, 07:19:46 PM »

What do you think the rest of the guys would do if one of them was found guilty of something? Do you think they will go one without that memeber? Yea, they did when kevin left and did a bunch of shows with out AJ but if it was something serious, do you think they would go on?

That's a really good question.  I have no idea.  I guess it would depend on what it was and whether or not they knew for sure that he had done something unforgivable.  The way they have supported Nick through these accusations suggests they must believe his version of events, but I wonder what they would say if he came out and admitted that he did do it?  I don't think they would turn their backs on him then either, if only because of how much time has passed and how much he's changed since then.  But if something were to happen now?  I don't know.  I think they are all good people, but I also think they have that kind of unconditional, brotherly love for each other.  It's hard to imagine them kicking someone out of the group.
~Julie

smh1105

• Fledgling
« Reply #539 on: February 06, 2019, 07:25:35 PM »

This topic is so interesting and complex. It's interesting to see your angle of looking at the boys as family. When you put it that way it makes so much sense.

It is a very debatable topic. Its sad that we have to try to prove that something like that has happened cause of girls/women being malicious and making false accusations for what turns out to be such stupid reasons.

I think a lot of fans look at the boys that way now after all this time. Watching them go through so much and grow as people and become such wonderful men. A weird way to put it is like watching your children grow up lol

~Shaina~
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38