Welcome > Rules and News

Strange symbols

(1/3) > >>

RokofAges75:
I just noticed that some stories on the site suddenly have a symbol between every sentence or in place of certain punctuation marks.  On Chrome, the symbol is a black diamond with a question mark in it, and on Internet Explorer, it's just a rectangle.  Here's an example: http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11250&chapter=1

A lot of my chapters have this symbol between every sentence, but not all.  For example, three of the five chapters I posted last week have it, and two don't.  I didn't do anything differently in how I wrote and posted those chapters, and I know the symbol wasn't there last week when I posted them because I always click on chapters after I post to make sure they look okay.

I found that re-posting the chapter takes care of the issue, but I'm hoping there's an easier fix than re-posting hundreds of chapters LOL.  Just wanted to post and see if anyone knew anything about what's causing this.

mare:
It seems it's after every period. I did a quick scan if first chapters on the most recent page and it looks like it's just you and Cinzia. Kyrie had one where there should have been an (') no idea why it's happening or what to do about it.

RokofAges75:
Has anything been updated with the site in the last few days?  I wonder why it started doing that all of a sudden.

mare:
I know I didn't, not sure if Julilly did.

julilly:
Nope, I didn't.

Those are called gremlins. That happens when the font inserted doesn't match the available font in the code. Likely because the editor that used to function on the site is now obsolete and no longer works. Unfortunately, there's nothing that can really be done to fix them all en masse.

They just need to update efiction already because it's falling apart.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version