Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Nick's "friend" Bean?  (Read 3712 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Nick's "friend" Bean?
« on: July 06, 2017, 02:19:37 AM »

I've been outlining this story idea I have that, as of right now, is going to take place at the beginning of 2008.  I want to be "historically accurate" aside from the fictional storyline, so I've been trying to refresh my memory or research where each of the boys were in their lives at that point in time.

I've been re-reading parts of Nick's book, and he talks about his "housemate" who was with him on the "night of the zombies" in 2006 and then later talks about one person in particular who took advantage of him.  "We traveled together and even lived together for awhile.  He knew I didn't like to be alone so he was always available, ready to roll, to party or do anything I wanted to go.  Then I realized that he'd stolen something of value from me" (p. 143).

He never names the person, but does anyone else think it's that creepy guy "Bean" that he was always seen hanging out with back in that era?  This dude:

Anyone know anything about him?  I don't even know (or remember?) his real name, and I can't find any info about him, like who he was or what he did or how Nick came to know him or whatever happened to him.  It's not important to the story because I think he was out of the picture by the time my story starts, but I was just curious for backstory purposes and thought it was weird that I couldn't find any info.  Google rarely fails me!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Re: Nick's "friend" Bean?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 08:49:35 AM »

My god, I remember Bean. Though reading this topic makes me realise I actually don't know anything about him other than his nickname and that he was hanging around with Nick in the dark ages.

Was it Bean in that video with Nick when they were driving through the storm in Florida? Do you guys remember that?
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 03:12:56 PM »

Ohhh yeah, now that you bring it up, I do remember that video.  I found it on YouTube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynD1RcAprrU  I think this is what you're talking about, anyway.  If so, it wasn't Bean in the car.  I couldn't remember.
~Julie

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 07:58:01 PM »

Ah yes that is exactly the video! I didn't realise it was a Nick's Corner.

In this case I have no further recollection of Bean. Sorry, Julie. lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 11:01:15 PM »

I forgot it was a Nick's Corner too.  That's okay - I just know I've not always been as "in the know" about the people associated with them, like girlfriends and bodyguards and whatnot, as others, so was just curious to see if someone else had that info.  It's totally not a big deal for the story though.
~Julie