Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New Music! (2018 edition)  (Read 4069 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
New Music! (2018 edition)
« on: May 19, 2018, 08:37:25 PM »

How's everyone feeling about the new single, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?

I had mixed emotions (pun intended) about it at first, but once I cranked it up in my car and heard how awesome that beat on the chorus sounds, I fell in love with it.  The beat and the harmonies make up for the fact that it's so overproduced.  And the music video... so cool!

I just wish they would hurry up and get the album out!  They said we could expect it in the fall, which probably means winter.  I get that it's 2018 and most people buy their songs individually instead of getting the whole album, so it's not as important to have the album follow closely on the first single's heels, but come on boys!  We've been waiting so long!!  I was really hoping for a summer release and tour.  Oh well... it'll give us all something to look forward to when summer's over.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: New Music! (2018 edition)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 06:45:01 PM »

I felt the same way. It completely grew on me. Is it the best thing I've ever heard? No, but it's a fun song that's incredibly catchy. They were smart to go with it. I think it's really radio friendly. The only thing missing is the lack of poor diction. I mean they pronounce every word correctly and use proper diction. What's that all about? Lol

I'm excited for the new music and I didn't think I would be. I've even watched a couple of interviews. Hopefully the new music will come out before I lose interest lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 08:50:51 PM »

I agree!  It is definitely modern-sounding and radio-friendly, yet still better than most of the other stuff on the radio these days.  I don't necessarily want the whole album to have this same sound, but I do think this was a smart choice for a first single.

I'm glad you're excited!  It's nice to see the music bringing people back to the fandom.  I hope that will apply to fanfic too; I popped onto AC yesterday and saw that only one story has been updated in the last 30 days - and it's not even a BSB story. :(  I can't talk because I haven't written anything since January or February, but all this BSB stuff is getting me at least thinking about it again.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 05:42:30 AM »

Yes, I hope the actual album sounds a bit more like the authentic them, but I wouldn't be surprised if all their singles sound close to this one and some of the other stuff on the radio. I'm hoping they'll get a fair amount of radio play. I've only heard the single played once so far on the day it was released. Their older stuff however, I've heard all weekend!

I noticed that on AC too. I really do think as they've all gotten older and married with kids etc.. It's harder for people to write about them. Especially the ginormous amount of romance  people.

I haven't written in years. Even reading I've failed at this year. I started reading the new Dan Brown book the first week of school and I'm STILL reading it now! I'm hoping I'll be done before my last day of school.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 08:20:09 PM »

I've only heard it on the radio once too, on release day, but I also haven't been listening to the radio much because I've mostly been listening to this song on repeat LOL.  Also, I tend to listen to more rock stations that would never play BSB anyway, so I have no idea how much airplay it's been getting.  I was lucky to hear it the first time.

I've failed at reading this year too.  I think I spend too much time on my phone and watching TV.  I need to be better about reading and trying to write this summer.  It is a little harder to think of storylines that conveniently get rid of the wives and kids, but it's still doable... just takes some creativity and/or just ignoring reality. :)
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 02:50:13 PM »

I still haven't heard the song since it's debut. I listen to pop stations but they also only play like five songs regularly, including that stupid song where the guy doesn't pronounce his words. It's BOATLOAD! Not bolo wtf? I feel like BSB aren't very popular here in Northeast PA so hopefully other parts of the country are showing them more love.

As far as reading, whenever I read, my mind starts wandering to all the other things I should be doing which is funny because it doesn't happen when I'm watching tv lol

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 10:52:25 AM »

I really like the song. I heard it on release day as well as a couple other random times on Top 40. I don't listen to the Top 40 station a whole lot (except for the morning show) but when I was driving around with my Father in Law this weekend I did hear it.

It's a real earworm. Way catchier than anything else that was on TIU or IAWLT in my opinion. Though I wasn't a huge fan of those two albums. I hope the rest of their album has a similar sound. I think this type of song is what TIU wishes it was, to be honest. Back to their R&B-inspired pop sound. It's nostalgic without sounding old. The video is really fun too and I love all the little nods to the old choreography.

In terms of writing, I haven't written anything since Christmas. Just haven't had a lot of time. I still don't know if I'll go back to writing BSB fic anyway because of all the Nick stuff that happened. But I've not written any 1D stuff either. I changed jobs earlier this year, spent a few weeks in Europe and then our hockey team made it quite far in the playoffs.. so yeah, no time. Excuses, excuses lol.

~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 04:26:00 PM »

I finally finished Origin by Dan Brown. Don't read it lol it's not worth it.

I'm not crazy about the video but I did like the whooshing effects. I wish the album was closer to being released. I think this is always a fatal mistake they make. They release a single way too early. Release the single then the cd the following week this way they're already in the news and can capatilize on it. I mean, it's nice to have a new song but sometimes waiting is better.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 08:33:04 PM »

I agree!  I was expecting the album this summer, and now they're saying fall, which means we'll be lucky to get it by the end of the year.  They've had plenty of time to put this thing together; they should have released it around their 25th anniversary and toured this summer instead of continuing the Vegas residency.  Vegas is fun, but it's not something everyone can do, and it's also not anything we haven't seen before.  I'm dying for new music!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2018, 11:25:38 PM »

I love the single. It's so freaking catchy! When I first heard it I was singing along to the chorus after one listen so I knew it'd be an earworm. I feel like we can see the difference in having a label actively support them too. It's being played on radio a LOT here which blows my mind. They're doing all these radio shows to support it, etc. I think they'll probably release another single or two to lead up to the album. They seem to have a plan to really have mainstream success and I'm happy for them.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2018, 04:59:28 AM »

I'm in love with the new single. So catchy. And I finally finished a story I wrote for the anniversary that I never posted. Its up now so my writing break is over. I am back to working on my group fic too.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2018, 11:02:39 AM »

Sadly, it's not getting any radio play here. I am glad it's doing well out west though!

I am bummed I missed their Wango Tango set. I really wanted to watch it. I am so used to going to bed at 9:30 that I couldn't make it to 12:40! I'm sad they only showed the new song on Freeform but it was nice seeing everyone dancing along to it.

Congrats Tracy! I'm glad you're writing again.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2018, 05:58:15 PM »

Mare it's up on YouTube if that helps.

https://youtu.be/ismDngl4FhY
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2018, 07:53:28 PM »

Excellent, thanks!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2018, 09:26:29 AM »

Whelp, the video is no longer there because of copyright infringements lol
Pages: [1] 2 3