Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New Music! (2018 edition)  (Read 4071 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: New Music! (2018 edition)
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2018, 12:42:48 PM »

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2018, 02:40:02 PM »

Yay! This time it's working! Thank you!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 02:57:16 PM »

You're welcome!

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 06:43:02 PM »

I thought it was really great. I don't know how they still manage to dance like that after all these years. That We've Got it Goin On dance.... I do wish they'd stop adding the town they're in, in every song. I always thought that was so cheesy lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 09:33:53 PM »

Boo! :(

Thoughts on AJ's new song?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnGfEq7Kudk&list=PL5ypHCGTfywCTDhRTLAL2W_yajIDFI3eH

I'm glad it's more poppy country than twangy country.  I would have laughed if AJ had gotten all twangy.  The song is okay to me, not great, but not bad either.  I wonder if AJ wrote it himself or if someone wrote it for him.  I like the concept of the lyrics, but it feels kind of odd coming from him, a recovering alcoholic.  I dunno... overall I'm not impressed with the song, but I am proud of him for actually releasing something after all his talk!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2018, 05:31:46 AM »

Yeah...not a fan, but good for him. It all seems weird and out of place. Honestly I think he picked country probably hoping he could ride the FGL thing, but I don't know if it's going to work for him. He's got an R&B voice.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2018, 01:27:33 PM »

I'm proud of AJ but yeah I'm not a fan of the song. The lyrics just feel wrong knowing he's a recovering alcoholic so it feels like he can't be sincere singing the song, you know? And I agree with Mare, he has an R&B voice yet he never uses it that way solo wise lol.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2018, 08:11:05 PM »

I find AJ's new song incredibly disappointing after Have It All, which I really loved. The lyrics don't seem genuine at all, whereas a lot of the lyrics on HIA did.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2018, 07:10:33 PM »

I agree; Have It All is a great album and seems a lot more "him."  But you can't judge a whole album on one song, so we'll see.  He really does have more of an R&B voice than a country voice.  The whole country thing seems so random, and I'm sure it is inspired by FGL and the success they've had as a group with that.  I mean, whoever thought the Backstreet Boys would win a CMT award? LOL  But more power to them!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2018, 06:03:24 AM »

I admit I've never even listened to AJ's solo album. I think he's got a great voice, but I've never enjoyed his songwriting or him enough to just listen to him alone. I've actually never listened to ANY of their solo projects with the exception of Nick, which tells me if they ever broke up, that would probably be it for me lol hear that boys? No breaking up! Well Brian if you what to leave.... Lmao Just joking.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2018, 01:32:45 PM »

AJ's first solo album is good!  There are some skip songs, but also some really great tracks, and there's a good variety of different types of songs on there.  I've enjoyed all of their solo albums, although Nick's last few are my favorites.  I wish Kevin would do one.  That said, BSB's sound as a group trumps any of them individually.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2018, 09:42:30 PM »

AJ's first solo album is good!  There are some skip songs, but also some really great tracks, and there's a good variety of different types of songs on there.  I've enjoyed all of their solo albums, although Nick's last few are my favorites.  I wish Kevin would do one.  That said, BSB's sound as a group trumps any of them individually.

Agree with this on all counts.

God I'd love Kevin to do a solo album but he's such a perfectionist I don't think we'll ever see it.

balance

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2018, 12:24:05 AM »

I heard the song on Top 40 radio today in an ice cream shop!  I rarely listen to Top 40.  :plugears:  But really, it took a while for me to like the song.  The chorus is catchy as heck....and I never realized Brian's voice could go so high!

« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 12:36:17 AM by balance »
Pammy Whammy

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2018, 05:40:35 AM »

Wow! Welcome back Pammy!

On a side note, is anyone else getting a kick out of how hard AJ is trying to fit into the country community? He's basically trolling all these country stars and commenting on everything they say lol I don't know why that cracks me up.

balance

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2018, 03:06:18 AM »

Wow! Welcome back Pammy!

On a side note, is anyone else getting a kick out of how hard AJ is trying to fit into the country community? He's basically trolling all these country stars and commenting on everything they say lol I don't know why that cracks me up.

I know....a blast from the past!  Thanks, Mare.  As for AJ....I think he's enjoying the Boys' reception from the country music community. 
Pammy Whammy
Pages: 1 [2] 3