Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: DNA  (Read 10171 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: DNA
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2019, 07:25:35 PM »

I'm hoping their new album might inspire a new story, from me and others. I've been itching to write something lately, but I just can't come up with any ideas. And I miss reading fics too.

I'm hoping for the same!  It would be nice to see a new wave of fanfic now that the album's out.

Breathe really made me want to write a short story or something, but I don't have an idea for one yet either... I just really love the lyrics!  None of the other songs have sparked an idea yet either, but maybe that's a good thing... I really just need to stay focused on the novel I'm working on.  I did use a line from Don't Go Breaking My Heart for its title, so I guess that one inspired me last summer!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2019, 07:26:13 PM »

Doing nothing, but It’ll definitely give me something to look forward to when I get home from school.

Can I just say, I tend to cluck songs all the time so when I saw the clip of the guys clicking it just confirmed they’re my spirit animals. Seriously lol

I knew you would appreciate the randomness of that bit!  So funny!!
~Julie

smh1105

• Fledgling
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2019, 07:32:42 PM »

Same for me! I was up sooo late, it was hard to fall asleep after being so excited listening to the album for the first time. I had a hard time waking up. The chicken suit bit was hilarious!

I agree that there is not a single song that I don't love. So it is really hard to chose lol, But I too really liked New love. The way it Was is so good and I really like OK.

Have you hear the Japan bonus tracks? Do You Remember, Best Days, and Said I Love You. I like Do You Remember the most out of those three.
~Shaina~
"A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity" Franz Kafka
"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity" Edgar Allen Poe

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2019, 07:37:18 PM »

Just found the  Japan bonus tracks on youtube, they just uploaded them within the last hour. Do You Remember, Best Days, and Said I Love You. They are really good. Sorry Don't have time to link them, but they should be easy to find (youtuber name: m7madnabhan) Seriously! go listen if you have time, I love them!

Thanks!  I'm listening to them now and loving Best Days!

Here are direct links for anyone who doesn't want to go searching...

Best Days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3OZ7jyoOBk

Do You Remember: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jEUv3QHepA

Said I Love You: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zCrp9WtyCA
~Julie

smh1105

• Fledgling
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2019, 07:40:03 PM »

Lets hope to see some new stories soon.

Breath would make a good basis for a short story, like about one of the guys looking back on a relationship after being dumped. or something, idk. lol.

I'm still waiting for that great idea to pop into my head to start writing soon. Maybe ill try a couple short stories and see if anything more comes.
~Shaina~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2019, 07:49:40 PM »

I listened to it on the way to and from school and overall loved it. Breathe is still my favorite but Passionate comes in a very close second. It has a very Duran Duran vibe to it. I also love the flute samples in New Love. Loved the old school fifties vibe of The Way it Was. I loved the harmonies in Chateau but some of the lyrics in that song made me laugh. The line about the space in my bed with the shape of your head. Like where is the rest of her body? It's almost like a sequel to One Phone Call where Brian takes the head off his shoulder and places it on his bed lol I liked all the other ones. I think the only one I wasn't totally in love with was Nobody Else.

I really think Kevin needs more leads in the future. I am in love with his voice. I'm so glad those beautiful harmonies were all over this CD. I'm so happy for them! I still haven't heard the extra tracks from the Japan CD. Hopefully someone will link them in here.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2019, 07:51:13 PM »

I knew you would appreciate the randomness of that bit!  So funny!!

I haven't watched the entire appearance yet. I just watched the clucking song on you tube but everyone that knows me has mentioned it to me because I cluck every song. Seriously, it's my thing! Lol so random that they did it.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2019, 07:52:05 PM »

Lets hope to see some new stories soon.

Breath would make a good basis for a short story, like about one of the guys looking back on a relationship after being dumped. or something, idk. lol.

I'm still waiting for that great idea to pop into my head to start writing soon. Maybe ill try a couple short stories and see if anything more comes.

I think that's my problem - so many of their songs are about romantic relationships, and true to where the guys are in their lives, most of these new ones seem to relate more to established relationships, not new ones... which I think is challenging as far as fanfic goes.  I don't want to write a story about any of their real life marriages, and I also don't want to create a fictional wife/girlfriend just for the sake of a short story, so I feel like my only options would be to 1) come up with a new romance novel idea, or 2) write a short story about one of the couples from one of my old novels.  But I don't feel like writing romance at all.  I wish they had some more bromantic songs on there... I'd rather be inspired to write a bromance!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2019, 07:53:20 PM »

Thanks!  I'm listening to them now and loving Best Days!

Here are direct links for anyone who doesn't want to go searching...

Best Days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3OZ7jyoOBk

Do You Remember: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jEUv3QHepA

Said I Love You: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zCrp9WtyCA

Thank you!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2019, 07:57:37 PM »

I listened to it on the way to and from school and overall loved it. Breathe is still my favorite but Passionate comes in a very close second. It has a very Duran Duran vibe to it. I also love the flute samples in New Love. Loved the old school fifties vibe of The Way it Was. I loved the harmonies in Chateau but some of the lyrics in that song made me laugh. The line about the space in my bed with the shape of your head. Like where is the rest of her body? It's almost like a sequel to One Phone Call where Brian takes the head off his shoulder and places it on his bed lol I liked all the other ones. I think the only one I wasn't totally in love with was Nobody Else.

I really think Kevin needs more leads in the future. I am in love with his voice. I'm so glad those beautiful harmonies were all over this CD. I'm so happy for them! I still haven't heard the extra tracks from the Japan CD. Hopefully someone will link them in here.

Passionate is definitely retro sounding, but still modern in a way.

I love the flute in New Love too!  It's so random, but it makes that song so unique-sounding and cool!

I don't listen to a ton of oldies music on a regular basis, but I LOVE when BSB goes for that sound.  The Way It Was reminds me of Man on the Moon from All American, which is my favorite track on that album!

LOL I had the same thought about Chateau.  I kinda like the shape of your head line because it's so rhymey, but it sounds awkward at the same time.  I was half expecting them to sing "shape of my heart" the first time until they said "head."  You should totally write that Brian story; I still think of that every time I hear One Phone Call!

Kevin has a great voice!  I love the balance between the five of them across the whole album.  It's pretty Nick-heavy, which is fine by me because Nick's voice has matured so much and is so amazing now, but the other four all have plenty of opportunities to shine.  I love all of Brian's solos!
~Julie

smh1105

• Fledgling
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2019, 08:13:13 PM »

I don't listen to a ton of oldies music on a regular basis, but I LOVE when BSB goes for that sound.  The Way It Was reminds me of Man on the Moon from All American, which is my favorite track on that album!

I love new songs that have that oldies/fifties vibe to it so when I heard The Way It Was, I was instantly in love with it. And the bonus track Do You Remember has that vibe too.
~Shaina~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2019, 05:25:06 AM »

I listened to the bonus tracks and enjoyed them as well, although I can see why they didn’t make the actual album. If I have any energy at all this weekend, I’m going to head to Target and use my gift cards from the kiddoes and buy the actual CD. That’s the one thing that I miss from downloading things, the reading of the thank yous
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 05:31:19 AM by mare »

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2019, 05:26:34 AM »

We should make a writing challenge for a short story for each of the titles off the album. Once one is taken someone else has to choose a different one, to see what you all come up with it.

I wish there was a bromantic song on this album. I mean I love these guys but if we were to make a
drinking game with how many times we heard the word ‘baby’  lol

I’d like to blame their maturity and happiness with their families on why I stopped writing.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 05:32:01 AM by mare »

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2019, 12:06:40 PM »

Good idea for a writing challenge!  I call "OK"!  I actually got an idea last night about that song.

LOL, I hear you on the writing thing.  It was definitely easier when they were younger and less settled.  I moved from writing mostly about Brian to writing more Nick-centered stories when Brian got married and then had Baylee, but now Nick's in the exact same place in his life, as are they all.   It's hard work finding ways to get rid of the wives and kids without killing them.  I have no problem killing wives, but I still won't kill the kids in a story.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2019, 01:27:37 PM »

Just give them deadly diseases lmao.

My favorite is absolutely Passionate. On first listen I was hooked. I really dig New Love but that took a listen or two. The Way It Was was also an instant favorite. Kevin blew me away on that track and I adore the oldies vibe of it, which also reminded me of Man On The Moon LOL. The more listens I give it, oddly I'm digging Just Like You Like it which since I'm not a country person feels weird but I guess I enjoy it if it's their voices lol. This album is so good.

I kind of want to write a short story to Breathe too, like the chorus has inspired some thoughts.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7