Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: DNA  (Read 9893 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
DNA
« on: January 09, 2019, 07:54:45 PM »

The tracklisting for DNA has been released!

1. Don't Go Breaking My Heart
2. Nobody Else
3. Breathe
4. New Love
5. Passionate
6. Is it Just Me?
7. Chances
8. No Place
9. Chateau
10. The Way It Was
11. Just Like You Like It
12. OK

Thoughts?  Any tracks you're especially curious to hear?

Personally, I think it's funny and a little weird that they have another song called "Breathe," and it's also Track 3, just like on IAWLT.  I can't wait to hear that one to compare it to the old Breathe.  I'm also cracking up at "OK."  I tend to like the songs with simple titles, though, so I can't wait to hear it!  The fact that it's the last track makes me think it will either be an amazing finale or a snoozefest because last tracks tend to be one or the either.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: DNA
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 06:34:35 PM »

I wonder if Breathe will be the A capella version of the song in IAWLT?  Is it true there’s going to be an a capella song? I really hope so!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 07:59:34 PM »

I hadn't heard that, but I have no idea.  I guess it could be?  That might make more sense than having two songs with the same title LOL.  I actually do hope it's a different song though.  I like the old Breathe, but would rather have a new song than an a capella version.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 06:46:08 AM »

I thought I read that somewhere but I'm not sure if it was an official article or a fan mentioning it. I hope they have an A Capella song and I agree, I think I'd rather a new Breathe than a remake of the older one. I am curious about the way it was. I'm hoping it's an emo ballad lol maybe that'll be the A Capella one. An A Capella  emo ballad. Yes please!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 04:37:19 PM »

Breathe is the a capella song and it's arranged by the same guy who does the arrangements for Pentatonix so it's a true a capella. Supposedly it's a new Breathe but I did laugh they have songs with the same title on back to back albums lol. I'm really curious about New Love after the way they talked it up at the live stream thing in November, and Passionate since they sang a little of it. I have pretty high hopes for this album as a whole.

I read yesterday that Howie aid in an interview this was originally going to be a DOUBLE ALBUM though and that about kills me, cause think of all the new music we could've had! lmao. Apparently they recorded over 50 songs this cycle. It would've been a "digital" (pop) album and an "analog" (more country inspired) one before they got DGBMH. I guess it basically flipped the album on it's head and they got more inspired or something, and DNA morphed into being the DNA of BSB music wise due to all the genres being more varied on the album.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 05:24:29 PM »

It makes sense that they would have over 50 songs, for as many years as they've been working on this freaking album!  I hope some of the rejects leak like they usually do.  I love the idea of a digital and analog album.  With how different each of the three songs we've heard sound, they totally could have done that, and it would have been great!  I love both types of music - not necessarily country, but songs like No Place that are more acoustic sounding and not all synthesized like Don't Go Breaking My Heart.  Hopefully this means there will be no skip songs, if they had to narrow it down to 12 tracks out of 50+!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 03:02:42 AM »

Okay. We have to talk about this.

https://youtu.be/axoC06h5lCI

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 10:10:36 AM »

That song is gorgeous. I actually got emotional after listening to it. I feel like this is going to be another Millennium for them. They deserve it. Good job boys! 4 for 4. I hope we don’t get anymore new music now until the release date.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 04:05:58 PM »

I don't think we will since the album is out next Friday.

Breathe is unbelievable though. I can't get enough of it. And I agree, so far they are 4 for 4 with me and usually by now there's a track where I'm kind of eh, over. You can tell they've worked hard on this album and they deserve all the good things happening right now.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2019, 08:33:55 PM »

It's so beautiful!  I downloaded it this morning and listened to it for the first time in the car on the way to work, and it about brought tears to my eyes!  The harmonies sound so good, and I love the lyrics as well.

I can't wait to hear the rest of this album, although I agree that I don't want to hear any more tracks until next Friday.  These first four tracks are so diverse, it's hard to pick a favorite; I love them all for different reasons.  I wonder what else we'll get?
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 08:48:42 PM »

I am obsessed with this song. I must have listened to it 10 times already. This is a very rare thing for me. I’m the type of person that even if I love a song, I’m done with it after maybe three times a day tops. I think what I love so much about this one, is the complex harmonies. I’m loving singing along and figuring out each chord as they sing. I also love how flawlessly they blend when tagging off on the melody. It’s so natural. They just kind of morph into one person singing. Kevin really needs to sing lead more often. I also love how all of them are singing in each one of these songs. They have their own parts like millennium. Even though Howie’s part in Chances bugs me lol I’m willing to overlook that after hearing this song. Love!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 08:50:50 PM by mare »

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 09:37:45 PM »

I have it on repeat right now.  The harmonies are so rich and beautiful!  It really showcases their vocal talent.  I also love how they're giving all five a chance to shine on the solos on this album!  They seem to have figured out how to utilize Brian better on this album than they did on IAWLT, and I love that Howie and Kevin are getting so many more solos than they used to.  I love Kevin's voice!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 09:55:01 PM »

Yeah, I was worried about Brian for obvious reasons but they've used him in a really smart way. Making sure they turn his new range into something they can use.

I can't get over how much I love Breathe. So freaking beautiful.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2019, 10:17:34 PM »

Yeah, his voice sounds really good on Breathe!  I'm excited to hear it live!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2019, 03:10:20 AM »

I hope they do it live. It'll be tricky because of all the layering, but they really need to include this one on the tour.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7