Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: DNA  (Read 9890 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: DNA
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2019, 07:07:49 PM »

If Pentatonix can do it, so can our Boys!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

smh1105

• Fledgling
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2019, 12:09:14 PM »

I think they will definitely do this song on tour. They have said they are a vocal harmony group and can sing a Capella at the drop of a hat, so this song doesn't surprise me too much. It shows where they came from and how far they have come with their voices. It is an amazing song!

I too am loving that they are each getting more of a chance to sing, and I do hope to hear more of Kevin though! They picked the perfect name for it too. I think DGBMH is my favorite so far still and now Breath. No Place is great too, the video made me cry the first time I watched it.

I do like Chances, but I think the one thing that bothers me is that they don't ever sing together as a group on the song. It just keeps going from one person to the next (and I think Kevin and Howie should have had longer parts) but the first time I heard it I just kept waiting for them to sing together and it never happened, I was like 'oh, ok'. It's still a great song though, I still listen to it, so I'm not trying to hate on it.
~Shaina~
"A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity" Franz Kafka
"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity" Edgar Allen Poe

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2019, 12:20:29 PM »

I feel the same way about Chances. Howie's part in that song bothers me because it's too low for him lol I do love it though.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2019, 12:29:10 PM »

I think my current favorite is No Place, but that may just be because it's one of the most recent ones.  I really do love all four tracks.  And all the music videos are great too!  Even the little lyric video they released for Breathe was a nice touch.  Being back with a record label and having that financial backing has its perks!

I see your point about Chances, and I agree about Howie's part too.  If they had just made the song a little longer, they could have given Howie a better part and had someone else sing the low part.

I love the album title DNA and both the meanings behind it.  It's nice to see them come up with a meaningful, original title and not just borrow the title of one of the tracks like they did on the last two albums.  (And, ironically, I think "This Is Us" is the album where they tried too hard to NOT just be themselves.)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 12:32:25 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

smh1105

• Fledgling
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2019, 01:28:16 PM »

I think they just had some really good producers on this album. And I know AJ kind of explained in an interview that they sort of went back to the "formula" that worked so well for them back in the day with like millennium and Black & Blue. That might be what is working so well for them again. Having really good producers and waiting for just the right songs.
(I totally agree with you about the "This Is Us" album, its good, but it just really wasn't them, it did seem like they were trying too hard to sound like what was popular at the time. It just didnt really work for them though)
~Shaina~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2019, 03:21:13 PM »

Yeah, they definitely took their time with this album, and it seems to be worth the wait!  I think having a label behind them again probably helped them get better producers.  I'm sure the success of the Vegas residency helped too; more people are willing to work with them now that they seem to be making a comeback.  I love when the Boys write their own music, but these songs are really good and seem perfect for them, regardless of how much of a hand they had in writing them.  They sound current, and yet, still BSB.  They don't have that feel of trying too hard to stay relevant.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2019, 06:26:54 PM »

Is anyone doing anything special Friday, a.k.a. album release day?!  I seriously considered taking the day off work so I could stay up late Thursday night, download it as soon as it's available, and listen to it all night... but then I remembered I have to chaperone a dance after school Friday.  Blah!  You think 5th graders would mind listening to the full Backstreet Boys album at their dance? LOL  Either way, I'm glad it's at least being released on a Friday so I can listen to it all weekend.  I'll go back to work next week with lots of new songs stuck in my head!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2019, 06:07:45 AM »

Sadly no I have to work. But after I close down the store I always get music playing. My coworkers know me well for it. Usually it's a mix of everything but I've already warned them that Friday is their new album and they were gonna have to deal with me playing it lmao.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2019, 09:57:09 PM »

Do you have any control over what music plays for all of Target to hear (like, while it's still open)?  If so, you should put the album on repeat all day! LOL
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2019, 02:07:13 AM »

I wish man.

Because I'd totally do that with no regrets lmao.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

smh1105

• Fledgling
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2019, 01:46:44 PM »

That would be so funny to see people's reaction hearing Backstreet Boys play over and over all day LOL.

I wish I was doing something fun and exciting. I might stay up and listen to the album tonight, not sure yet. I'll probably just watch the live stream of their iheart radio release party on youtube. and listen to their music all Friday night, maybe even try to get some writing done. And Hopefully chat with you all about what you think of the album!  ;D

I'm hoping their new album might inspire a new story, from me and others. I've been itching to write something lately, but I just can't come up with any ideas. And I miss reading fics too.
~Shaina~

smh1105

• Fledgling
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2019, 02:20:01 PM »

Just found the  Japan bonus tracks on youtube, they just uploaded them within the last hour. Do You Remember, Best Days, and Said I Love You. They are really good. Sorry Don't have time to link them, but they should be easy to find (youtuber name: m7madnabhan) Seriously! go listen if you have time, I love them!
~Shaina~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2019, 02:16:04 AM »

Doing nothing, but It’ll definitely give me something to look forward to when I get home from school.

Can I just say, I tend to cluck songs all the time so when I saw the clip of the guys clicking it just confirmed they’re my spirit animals. Seriously lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2019, 08:18:39 AM »

That chicken bit killed me LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2019, 07:20:53 PM »

Yay, I finally have time to come gush about the album!  I stayed up way too late last night to watch them on Fallon, download the album as soon as it was released, and listen to it once before I went to bed.  It was worth being tired today, though!

I love it!  There isn't a single track that I don't care for.  My favorites so far, aside from the four we'd already heard, are New Love, Passionate, and The Way It Was.  New Love is so freaking cool; I loved it from the first listen.  Passionate was more of a grower for me, but I was in love with it by the third listen.  Such a jam!  The Way It Was gave me goosebumps!  It's such a beautiful throwback ballad that showcases Nick's voice and the classic background harmonies so well.  I can't wait to see them sing that one live - they better include it on the setlist!

What are your thoughts on the album?
~Julie

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7