Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: DNA  (Read 9900 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: DNA
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2019, 03:02:46 PM »

Yeah it wasn't bad at all.

I wish they'd release their previous albums on vinyl honestly. I was the one who got my mom's record collection as the music freak in the family and I've been slowly adding records now that it's trendy again LOL. I'd love to  have theirs in there.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 03:14:43 PM by Rose »
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2019, 06:07:29 PM »

Okay, it's been out for two weeks now... Anyone have any skip songs?  What's your least favorite track?

I don't have skip songs; I genuinely like all of the tracks on this album.  I find Nobody Else, Is It Just Me, and Just Like You Like It a bit boring compared to the other songs, but they're not bad compared to my least favorite tracks on other BSB albums.  DNA is solid!!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2019, 06:44:56 PM »

It’s the same exact thing for me! Nobody Else is probably my least favorite song, followed by Just Like You Like It and Is It Just Me but I don’t skip any of them. I have probably listened to this album more than any of the others as well. Yay boys!!!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2019, 08:18:12 PM »

One thing I do love about Is It Just Me in particular is the lyrics.  The rhyming, especially in the verses, is really clever.

I appreciate the maturity of the lyrics in this album.  That is a credit to the songwriters more than the guys, since they didn't write any of this stuff themselves, but there aren't any songs with stupid lyrics!  Lyrics don't usually make or break a song for me; I like a lot of songs with stupid lyrics... but these songs all make sense and are relatable.  They sound like the songs a bunch of married white guys in their thirties and forties should be singing.  No "'cause you're so hot, hot, hot, hot, hot, hot, hot, hot!" or "Shorty ain't got cable" or "bang, bang, choo-choo train" or "making sweet sexy babies" this time around.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2019, 04:33:53 AM »

Sweet sexy babies still cracks me up lmao.

So far I can listen to the album from beginning to end without any issue. There's nothing I feel the NEED to skip. But when I do skip, it's usually Nobody Else and Is It Just Me.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2019, 07:02:36 PM »

I love that song, but that line just makes me shake my head LOL.

I only skip songs in order to listen to New Love and Passionate one more time before I have to leave the house / get out of the car / go to bed / whatever.  That's usually why Nobody Else gets skipped.
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2019, 03:11:41 PM »

I'm still loving it and don't feel the need to skip any songs yet, they've done well with this album, best since Unbreakable for me.  Can't wait for the tour to see what they do
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]