Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
Author Topic: Conversations about all things BSB related...  (Read 1547 times)
mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« on: February 09, 2019, 06:41:40 AM »

Hey guys! Since our other thread has gotten a bit long, I thought Iíd start a new one and change the idea. Since so few of us actual discuss things here, I changed it from just a question thread to a conversation one as well, so if you have anything on your mind BSB related, feel free to post in here.

Last things we were talking about - if any of the guys did something awful, would they stay together?
The me too debate concerning Nick
If there was any circumstance that would have you not be a fan
If we think they will win a Grammy
If all the new BSB stuff has anyone excited to write
Etc...

New thought - have you been watching all the interviews and have they said anything that has surprised you?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 02:19:40 PM »

I think I've caught most of the interviews.  It still surprises me that they are all in agreement over If You Want It To Be Good Girl being their WORST song.  Really?!  It's a stupid song, don't get me wrong, but it's also catchy and fun.  I love it!  They have definitely recorded much worse, some of which they put on their albums!

What do you think is the worst officially released BSB song?  I'd have to go with She's a Dream.  I hate everything about that song, from the music/melody to the stupid Shorty lyrics.  Its only redeeming quality is that I got a good challenge story out of making fun of it.

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

smh1105
Innocent Bystander

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 05:35:28 PM »

I would have to say that my least favorites are Shining Star and PDA. I can see what you mean about She's A Dream. It's not a horrible song, just not a song for them. I could see some R&B singer, like idk Ne-yo maybe, singing that song instead.

~Shaina~
"A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity" Franz Kafka
"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity" Edgar Allen Poe

smh1105
Innocent Bystander

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 05:47:54 PM »

How are you guys feeling about the Grammys? I'm actually starting to get a better feeling that they might win. A lot of people have been saying that they think cause BTS is presenting, that they might be presenting to BSB.

~Shaina~
"A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity" Franz Kafka
"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity" Edgar Allen Poe

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 05:51:52 PM »

I would have to say that my least favorites are Shining Star and PDA. I can see what you mean about She's A Dream. It's not a horrible song, just not a song for them. I could see some R&B singer, like idk Ne-yo maybe, singing that song instead.

Those two are among my least favorites as well.  I agree about She's a Dream - it would at least fit better with an R&B artist singing it.

~Julie

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 05:52:50 PM »

How are you guys feeling about the Grammys? I'm actually starting to get a better feeling that they might win. A lot of people have been saying that they think cause BTS is presenting, that they might be presenting to BSB.

I saw that article you retweeted.  How awesome and perfect would that be?!  I'm so excited!

~Julie

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 08:07:45 PM »

I have always detested Iíll Never Break Your Heart but I agree about Sheís a Dream. Also The Scissors song lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 08:23:57 PM »

I'll Never Break My Heart is one of my least favorite of the singles.  It's not a bad song... just boring. 

I knew you were going to say The Scissors!  I actually love that song (This Is Us).  It's one of the redeeming tracks off that album for me.

~Julie

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 02:53:22 AM »

I think a lot of why I dislike INBYH is because of the incredibly cheesy dialogue at the beginning and how boring it is on the whole. It used to be my sit down song, after standing for the entire show Iíd use that song to sit and take a break!

Ah, the scissors song. If it makes This is Us feel any better, I thought AJ was singing that he had no nose after Ďwho are you the sex policeí my sexy has no nose 😳 lol
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 02:58:53 AM by mare » Logged

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 02:57:54 AM »

I hope the guys arenít seeing all the hype surrounding this. Iíd hate for them to get their hopes way up, but man...that would be awesome. Iím not sure why thatís a tie in? Are they huge BSB fans or something? I know nothing about those guys. I donít think Iíve ever heard a song by them or anything. Iím very out of the loop lol

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 10:07:53 AM »

I think a lot of why I dislike INBYH is because of the incredibly cheesy dialogue at the beginning and how boring it is on the whole. It used to be my sit down song, after standing for the entire show Iíd use that song to sit and take a break!

Ah, the scissors song. If it makes This is Us feel any better, I thought AJ was singing that he had no nose after Ďwho are you the sex policeí my sexy has no nose 😳 lol

It's very Boys II Men, 90s R&B for sure!

LOL at "my sexy has no nose!"  That would be the Voldemort version of New Love.

~Julie

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 10:09:21 AM »

I hope the guys arenít seeing all the hype surrounding this. Iíd hate for them to get their hopes way up, but man...that would be awesome. Iím not sure why thatís a tie in? Are they huge BSB fans or something? I know nothing about those guys. I donít think Iíve ever heard a song by them or anything. Iím very out of the loop lol

I don't know of their songs either, but they are a boyband, so that's why it would be fitting - one boyband presenting a Grammy to another, who helped pave the way for them.

~Julie

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

Uh oh! We lost Nick again...

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2019, 11:16:51 PM »

I have a really bad love for She's a Dream. It's a guilty pleasure. The lyrics are crap but the harmonies on that song are gold.

My least favorite BSB song ever...is probably Set Adrift on Memory Bliss. That song is just so boring to me LOL. I never listen to it. That and Lose It All.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." óAnonymous

ďI donít believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.Ē óRay Bradbury

FrickingKaos
General Pandemonium

writing fanfic by moonlight....

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 12:40:32 AM »

Least favorite song? I'd have to agree. Set Adrift On Memory Bliss. Puts me to sleep. Boring.

Favorite song?

Depends on my mood. Most of the time it's 10,000 Promises. Sometimes it's That's The Way I Like It and then others it's As Long As You Love Me. If that makes any sense haha.

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2019, 03:04:46 AM »

Well, the boys didnít win, but they looked like they really enjoyed just being there in the moment again. Being forced to watch the first few minutes though, made me think of a good question. How many of these artists do you think wouldnít make it past round one of either the voice or American Idol?

Iíve often thought about this after hearing some of these people perform. Like Post Malone for example, just yikes! Even established artists like JLo wouldnít stand a chance if all she had to stand on was her singing ability. Same with the girl who hosted that boy band reality show that Nick was on. My point is, there are very few singers who can actually sing lol

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
Print
Jump to: