Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21
Author Topic: Conversations about all things BSB related...  (Read 3955 times)
Rose
Supreme Time Waster

Uh oh! We lost Nick again...

« Reply #165 on: May 06, 2019, 09:46:00 PM »

I'd asked about Nick's next solo album, which he didn't answer...just joked that we don't want another one LOL. But then a fan suggested he do a cover album. He went "nah, that's Kevin's deal, right? He put out Cover Story." Then laughed when everyone said Kevin never released it LOL.

I'd love for Nick to cover "Can't Buy Me Love". I grew up on that and Beach Boys, thanks to my mom. And I could really hear him in my head killing that song.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos
General Pandemonium

writing fanfic by moonlight....

« Reply #166 on: May 07, 2019, 06:57:40 AM »

I’d love Nick or even the boys as a whole to do more covers of Beach Boys songs. I’d like to hear Nick do some more rock music, like Nirvana or Metallica....I think his voice is so interchangeabl e that he can master any genre and sound great. That’s one thing that I like about Nick’s voice is that it’s so versatile.

I highly enjoyed the video of Nick doing “A Horse With No Name” from the pool party because that is one of my favorite songs, and I remember him saying he sang that song to Odin too at one point or another, I can’t remember.

I really wish that Kevin released Cover Story because I was looking forward to hearing him sing more.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #167 on: May 07, 2019, 09:31:49 PM »

Or: somewhere over the rainbows when doctor Green pass away in ER

I love that song!  It makes me cry because of ER.

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #168 on: May 07, 2019, 09:34:05 PM »

I'd asked about Nick's next solo album, which he didn't answer...just joked that we don't want another one LOL. But then a fan suggested he do a cover album. He went "nah, that's Kevin's deal, right? He put out Cover Story." Then laughed when everyone said Kevin never released it LOL.

I'd love for Nick to cover "Can't Buy Me Love". I grew up on that and Beach Boys, thanks to my mom. And I could really hear him in my head killing that song.

LOL Clueless Nick.  Of course we want another solo album!  And nope, Kevin talked about that damn Cover Story album way back in 2013 and still hasn't released it!  I love his cover of Danny's Song.

Any Beach Boys song would be a great choice because of the harmonies!  I loved when they did When I Grow Up to Be a Man.

~Julie

Mistral
Captain of Commotion

« Reply #169 on: May 07, 2019, 09:56:59 PM »

RokofAges75: this song make me cry too since ER

I really hope Brian gonna do another solo album because I love so much his voice

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #170 on: May 07, 2019, 10:01:25 PM »

I hope he does too!

~Julie

Mistral
Captain of Commotion

« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2019, 10:13:47 PM »

I hope when AJ gonna release his new solo album, the CD gonna be sold in my country. I have already two of his songs on my ipad.

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #172 on: May 07, 2019, 10:45:43 PM »

LOL Clueless Nick.  Of course we want another solo album!  And nope, Kevin talked about that damn Cover Story album way back in 2013 and still hasn't released it!  I love his cover of Danny's Song.

Any Beach Boys song would be a great choice because of the harmonies!  I loved when they did When I Grow Up to Be a Man.

I know right? LOL.

I'm sad we'll likely never hear Cover Story. I've really come to love Kevin's voice. We don't hear it enough.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2019, 09:26:08 PM »

How about Howie releasing a solo album in July without saying anything until now?!  Stealth D!

~Julie

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2019, 06:56:40 AM »

Yes, that came out of nowhere. It seems like weird timing to be releasing all the solo stuff between AJ and Howie with the tour just starting, but good for them.

On another note, I’m pleasantly surprised to see all these Instagram posts from Brian about this tour. He seems excited about it. Usually he’s like Waldo so I think that’s a great sign for this tour. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 07:05:48 AM by mare » Logged

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2019, 05:08:33 PM »

Howie's song and video are so cute!  Very different from his last album, but I'm down for it.  AJ's song is beautiful and sweet!  I'm surprised Nick's not getting in on all this solo action!

I think it helps that Brian's family is not with him in Europe.  He always seems more interactive with the fans and the other guys when Leighanne's not around.  I'm glad to see him excited!

~Julie

Mistral
Captain of Commotion

« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2019, 05:12:27 PM »

Maybe he feel better about his voice too!

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2019, 08:32:07 PM »

That could be too!  He does seem more confident and less shaky when he sings.

~Julie

Mistral
Captain of Commotion

« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2019, 08:35:09 PM »

Yes and he look less anxious too

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #179 on: May 13, 2019, 05:45:32 PM »

Not to go too deep into a very heavy discussion, but part of me wonders if Nick was holding back on the solo work because of Melissa-gate. Cause he was full steam ahead, teasing one and everything until that broke. Then everything came to a halt.

I could be wrong though cause Nick usually leaves solo work for when there's nothing going on in BSB land.

I'm not feeling Howie's family album but the idea is cute so do what makes you happy Howie. AJ's song is beautiful but man he's all over the place lol. Set a release date for the solo album already LOL.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21
Print
Jump to: