Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
Author Topic: Conversations about all things BSB related...  (Read 2143 times)
RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #195 on: May 20, 2019, 08:50:36 PM »

That definitely could be true.  Kevin doesn't have to be in that "big brother" role now that they're all grown men.  He has seemed to mellow over the years, no doubt.

LOL After reading his book, I actually think Nick was crazier than he was portrayed in a lot of fanfics back then.  Or maybe it was just the ones I read.  I definitely wrote him as much more innocent in the early 2000s than I would knowing what I know about him now.  But I was pretty naive and innocent myself.  AJ was supposed to be the "bad boy," but let's be honest - the real bad boy was Nick LOL.

On the other hand, Brian has always been portrayed as the sweet, goofy boy-next-door, and rarely do we see that asshole side of him in fanfics, but I think there must be some truth to that.  (Cue Nick screaming, "Don't be a dick!")  Brian is definitely opinionated, and that may make him an asshole in some people's eyes.

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Mistral
Captain of Commotion

« Reply #196 on: May 20, 2019, 08:55:13 PM »

I was so mad at Nick and Howie when I see this part in the documentary and for what they said in interview alter that.

I don’t know if any of you hear what Kevin call Brian on stage the first night of the DNA tour?

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #197 on: May 20, 2019, 08:59:34 PM »

Aww... as much as it makes me cringe to hear them screaming "Shut the fuck up!" at each other, that whole fight was so entertaining!  And even though I'm a Brian girl, I side with Nick on Soldier.  That is an incredibly catchy song that absolutely deserved to be on that album and should have been on the tour setlist too!

No, what did Kevin call Brian?

~Julie

Mistral
Captain of Commotion

« Reply #198 on: May 20, 2019, 09:03:09 PM »

I love soldier too!

Just before the song passionate, Kevin call Brian back on stage and he call him baby

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #199 on: May 20, 2019, 09:04:39 PM »

Aww...  pat

~Julie

Mistral
Captain of Commotion

« Reply #200 on: May 20, 2019, 09:09:22 PM »

Yes Kevin in big brother mode with Brian!

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #201 on: May 21, 2019, 02:03:46 AM »

I think Brian calling himself an asshole is him being very self aware lol

Its funny to think about our perspectives of that Black and Blue era depending on what kind of fanfics we were reading at the time. The ones I was writing and reading definitely did downplay all the crap that was going on behind the scenes, especially with Nick. I think we knew things were bad but not as bad as they actually were. As far as that album getting the same attention as Millennium, I’m sure they’ll do something but it’s Millennium that made them into superstars and separated them from the pack of all the other boy bands out there. If not for the strength of that album, they’d be on tour with 98 degrees and LFO lol
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 05:06:34 AM by mare » Logged

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #202 on: May 21, 2019, 04:53:17 PM »

I definitely did not realize how bad things were at the time of B&B.  It's only looking back at that era now, knowing what was going on behind the scenes, that it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  I feel the same way about Never Gone.  At the time, that was a fun era, having the Boys making music and touring again after the hiatus, but knowing now what a mess Nick was and that Kevin was unhappy and wanting to leave the group, I would never name that as one of my favorite eras.  I think 2013 onward is the best era of BSB because it's the first time I've felt like all five of them are happy being a Backstreet Boy, happy in their personal lives, and comfortable in their own skin.

~Julie

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

Uh oh! We lost Nick again...

« Reply #203 on: May 21, 2019, 11:29:05 PM »

Millennium just has a magic about it. The Boys recently called it their Thriller and I'd have to agree. That's their record that just really changed everything for them. "I Want It That Way" is the song that will be considered an oldies classic in a few decades, scary as that is LOL. That album also really defined my childhood. That era is when I discovered fan pages, fan fiction, and it's when I went from fan to hard core fan.

Black and Blue is weird for me knowing all that went down now. Like you knew things were off but you couldn't tell just how bad. And like you said Julie, it's the same for NG. That era in particular just doesn't give me good vibes. Kevin left, Nick was a mess, they were fighting hard with Jive, a lot went wrong. But it's also my first concert and the first time I ever saw BSB in person.

I agree about 2013-onward being the best era. They've embraced each other and themselves. They've really connected with the fans too in that. Everything has just been really good. I was at the show in February the day before the Grammys and Kevin was on stage talking about how lucky they were, how thankful they were for everything. Of course it being Kevin he almost started crying. But they were so happy. It's just a great time right now.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #204 on: May 22, 2019, 02:15:18 PM »

This has nothing to do with anything BSB related, but I wanted to say that Getting Grace is now streaming on HULU it’s the movie that my former student is starring in. About a girl who is dying of cancer who befriends a mortician so she can get more comfortable with the idea of death. Maddie plays Grace. In addition, another student of mine did the film score. Totally random, different schools and different time periods lol okay done advertising. I think you’ll all like it though.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #205 on: May 22, 2019, 09:17:32 PM »

I don't have Hulu right now, but next time I get a free trial or decide to renew my subscription, I want to watch that.  It sounds like something I'd enjoy.  That's very cool that your former student stars in it!

~Julie

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #206 on: May 22, 2019, 09:20:15 PM »

I agree with everything you said, Rose, especially about Millennium.  It totally is their Thriller.  It's the album and era that made me go from a casual fan to a true fanatic, and it's when I discovered fanfic too.  In that respect, it changed my whole life, because without fanfic, I would not have met any of you guys, and I doubt I would have ever gone on a BSB cruise or done a lot of the stuff I've done with friends I met online.

~Julie

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #207 on: May 23, 2019, 04:02:51 PM »

I don't have Hulu right now, but next time I get a free trial or decide to renew my subscription, I want to watch that.  It sounds like something I'd enjoy.  That's very cool that your former student stars in it!

Yes, I mean it’s not gonna win any Oscars or anything. The writing is more Lifetime Network or Hallmark channel, but even still, Maddie did a spectacular job. After the first half hour I forgot I knew her.

Thanks for not ignoring that post lol

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #208 on: May 24, 2019, 04:52:06 AM »

If we had Hulu I'd check it out, but it's not something I think we get over here.

Three weeks until I see the DNA tour, I'm so excited Smiley  I know that has nothing to do with the B&B album but just wanted to say it lol

FrickingKaos
General Pandemonium

writing fanfic by moonlight....

« Reply #209 on: May 24, 2019, 12:51:04 PM »

I'm not seeing the DNA tour until August. Pure torture. This summer is going to go by fast though, I got a lot I'm doing in the meantime.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
Print
Jump to: