Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 49
Author Topic: Conversations about all things BSB related...  (Read 30405 times)
Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2019, 02:45:21 PM »

I think I've caught most of the interviews.  It still surprises me that they are all in agreement over If You Want It To Be Good Girl being their WORST song.  Really?!  It's a stupid song, don't get me wrong, but it's also catchy and fun.  I love it!  They have definitely recorded much worse, some of which they put on their albums!

What do you think is the worst officially released BSB song?  I'd have to go with She's a Dream.  I hate everything about that song, from the music/melody to the stupid Shorty lyrics.  Its only redeeming quality is that I got a good challenge story out of making fun of it.

I can't stand She's A Dream, it's just awful.  There are a few others I'm not keen on either, but that's the worst

Sakabelle
General Pandemonium

« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2019, 02:53:58 PM »

I shamelessly love that NKOTB video and song. LOL.

I think it's cool that the guys are so accessible now. Back when I was a kid it seemed impossible and almost like they weren't human at times. There was seemingly no way to get in touch with them or even figure out how. In 1998 my dad was high up at our airport and tried to figure out a way that me and my sister could meet the boys when they came to town for our show. But even that didn't work out (and I didn't find out that he'd tried that until years later, actually). Compare to now, people meet them in airports constantly, and provided you have the money it's easy to get a m&g ticket. Even with twitter it is relatively easy to get the boys attention if you want it.

However, I think the accessibility has its own issues. I don't follow many BSB fans anymore, but some of the guys in 1D reply to their indirects and it is the most annoying thing in the universe. For one, it fills up my timeline with "niall, how is your acid reflux doing today?!?!" and other such nonsense. It also fosters this idea that they're somehow our friend? I've seen lots of people say they consider Niall or Louis or whoever their best friend. It creeps me out tbh.

I thought that BSB walked the line really well in the Unbreakable era. M&g was a reasonable price, and you got the soundcheck with it. That was a bit before Twitter took off, so there was none of that and there was still reasonable separation between fan and band. Don't get me wrong, I like twitter and I like seeing updates on how music is going and that kind of behind the scenes stuff. But when it becomes this weird competition, it loses some of its fun and some of the magic is gone.

Also those prices for Janet Jackson and Lady Gaga are ridiculous lol.

~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something youíre scared to write. Thatís the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you canít stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to deathóWRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2019, 03:00:52 PM »

I'd never pay those kind of prices to meet someone famous, it's ridiculous!  I'd also never pay for BSB meet and greets either as they are too expensive.  If money was no problem I would though 😊

I've not heard NKOTB's new song, didn't realise they were still around

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2019, 03:38:04 PM »

I think it's cool that the guys are so accessible now. Back when I was a kid it seemed impossible and almost like they weren't human at times. There was seemingly no way to get in touch with them or even figure out how. In 1998 my dad was high up at our airport and tried to figure out a way that me and my sister could meet the boys when they came to town for our show. But even that didn't work out (and I didn't find out that he'd tried that until years later, actually). Compare to now, people meet them in airports constantly, and provided you have the money it's easy to get a m&g ticket. Even with twitter it is relatively easy to get the boys attention if you want it.

However, I think the accessibility has its own issues. I don't follow many BSB fans anymore, but some of the guys in 1D reply to their indirects and it is the most annoying thing in the universe. For one, it fills up my timeline with "niall, how is your acid reflux doing today?!?!" and other such nonsense. It also fosters this idea that they're somehow our friend? I've seen lots of people say they consider Niall or Louis or whoever their best friend. It creeps me out tbh.

I thought that BSB walked the line really well in the Unbreakable era. M&g was a reasonable price, and you got the soundcheck with it. That was a bit before Twitter took off, so there was none of that and there was still reasonable separation between fan and band. Don't get me wrong, I like twitter and I like seeing updates on how music is going and that kind of behind the scenes stuff. But when it becomes this weird competition, it loses some of its fun and some of the magic is gone.

You are so right about artists being too available to their fans via twitter especially. One of the main reasons I stopped following so many fans was because they were creeping me out. It seemed like once one of them tweeted something, everyone on Godís green earth would start joking around with them as if they were old friends or begging for a follow. It would take me forever to scroll through all those posts just to see what my friends were up to.  lol

BSB charge way too much for their VIP and their tickets for Vegas as well. At least the good ones like the tables or real seats. I get maybe GA is cheap but for people like me who canít do it, itís way too much money. I feel like everyone is inflating their ticket prices. Itís gotten pretty obnoxious. I know Iím a cheap ass and should probably spend things on experiences yada yada but I refuse to pay for more than $200 for a concert. Not while I know that money should be going to bills and medicine. My stupid brain wonít allow me to think any other way. Lol
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 03:40:38 PM by mare » Logged

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2019, 04:52:11 PM »

I can't stand She's A Dream, it's just awful.  There are a few others I'm not keen on either, but that's the worst

So funny... I don't know if you guys got the show The Masked Singer in the UK, but (SPOILER ALERT) T-Pain turned out to be the winner.  I knew T-Pain had written a song for BSB, but couldn't remember which one, so I looked it up... and whaddya know, it's the worst song BSB has ever put on an album, She's a Dream!  I actually really liked him on The Masked Singer though!

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2019, 05:00:54 PM »

Aww, that is so cute that your dad tried so hard to help you meet them!  The things dads will do for their daughters...  My dad manages a store at one of the local malls, so he used to dutifully pick up the new albums that I had pre-ordered at Sam Goody on release day for me.  He also went to a BSB concert, a Nick solo show, and a Brian solo show solely out of love for me LOL.

Nick can get annoying with his tweeting sprees replying to fans, too.  The other day when he was so bored, it took me forever just to scroll through my BSB list because of all of his replies.  He's sweet for taking the time to do that, but it also just encourages people to beg for his attention even more.

I agree, Unbreakable was the best as far as VIP goes.  That's when you could still win the soundcheck party too.  The only negatives were the barrier and no Kevin.  I wish they would go back to how they did it for This is Us and IAWLT, with the different levels, some of which were pretty reasonably priced.  Seeing the soundcheck was my favorite part!

~Julie

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2019, 05:07:48 PM »

You are so right about artists being too available to their fans via twitter especially. One of the main reasons I stopped following so many fans was because they were creeping me out. It seemed like once one of them tweeted something, everyone on Godís green earth would start joking around with them as if they were old friends or begging for a follow. It would take me forever to scroll through all those posts just to see what my friends were up to.  lol

BSB charge way too much for their VIP and their tickets for Vegas as well. At least the good ones like the tables or real seats. I get maybe GA is cheap but for people like me who canít do it, itís way too much money. I feel like everyone is inflating their ticket prices. Itís gotten pretty obnoxious. I know Iím a cheap ass and should probably spend things on experiences yada yada but I refuse to pay for more than $200 for a concert. Not while I know that money should be going to bills and medicine. My stupid brain wonít allow me to think any other way. Lol

Lists are my best friend on Twitter!  It takes too long to get through my entire timeline, so I have lists of people whose tweets I actually care to read.

One thing I will never get is the people who spend so much time and energy begging the Boys to follow them.  Do they actually think they will become friends with the guys if they follow them?  Nick has followed so many fans, there's no way he can possibly read all their tweets.  He just reads and replies at random when he's bored.  But I guess at least we know it's really Nick.  Remember all the posers there used to be on AIM?  People would legit think they were IMing with Backstreet Boys, LOL.

~Julie

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2019, 05:23:34 PM »

I remember that! So many imposter Nicks Lol

I never thought to make a list. You know for as long as Iíve been on Twitter, I still donít totally get it and havenít really explored it all that much. I donít get the begging for follows either or people begging for people just in case Nick doesnít see the original beggars, so now you have beggars begging for beggars. What I really donít get are the people who complain about Nick or any of the others but still beg for follows. That is just confusing. I hate you but I love you!

Again, I do get how maybe a tweet can make someoneís day but there are a lot of really crazy people out there that mistake those random tweets for friendship. Especially if it happens more than once. That would be another way Iíd be a horrible celebrity. I doubt Iíd ever follow my fans or reply to them. I just hate people too much lol 😳

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2019, 05:57:27 PM »

Lists are great!  I have a list for just the Boys and their wives, a list for my friends, a list for Cubs players, a list for Walking Dead actors, etc.  When I'm trying to catch up on the important stuff and don't feel like scrolling through my full timeline, it makes it easier to sort through and only see the tweets I actually care about.

Even as adults, some BSB fans are still pretty delusional!

I came on here to link you to this video, Mare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z2y1__5_To  I just watched it on Rose's blog.  It's the guys singing This Is Us, and AJ does "the scissors, the scissors" complete with hand gestures during the second chorus, LOL.  Either I have never seen this before or just never noticed that part because I don't tend to focus on AJ when Brian and Nick are in the same frame LOL, but he's totally on the same page with you.

~Julie

FrickingKaos
General Pandemonium

writing fanfic by moonlight....

« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2019, 12:21:34 AM »

Hm. I think if I were famous I'd still be active on social media. I do love seeing those peeks into the boys lives like when they share videos of their kids or pets. Those are great. It makes them seem more human to me.

I get annoyed with Nick sometimes during those follow sprees but be follows most of the people I follow LOL

I still get paranoid about what I tweet sometimes because he's replied to me without me tagging him before so I know he does read his timeline on occasion.

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2019, 05:06:46 AM »

Lists are great!  I have a list for just the Boys and their wives, a list for my friends, a list for Cubs players, a list for Walking Dead actors, etc.  When I'm trying to catch up on the important stuff and don't feel like scrolling through my full timeline, it makes it easier to sort through and only see the tweets I actually care about.

Even as adults, some BSB fans are still pretty delusional!

I came on here to link you to this video, Mare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z2y1__5_To  I just watched it on Rose's blog.  It's the guys singing This Is Us, and AJ does "the scissors, the scissors" complete with hand gestures during the second chorus, LOL.  Either I have never seen this before or just never noticed that part because I don't tend to focus on AJ when Brian and Nick are in the same frame LOL, but he's totally on the same page with you.

Lol nice to see AJ gets it too! Enunciate boys!

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

Uh oh! We lost Nick again...

« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2019, 07:32:36 AM »

I never noticed AJ doing that and now I gotta rewatch it just for that. Poor AJ, if Nick is in frame my focus is always him lmao.

Honestly I don't get the asking for tweets/follows. Nick follows me but that was random as hell. I tweeted like, a thank you for being sweet to fans. Next thing I knew he was following me. Or like asking for birthday tweets. I've gotten them, but I've never tweeted him specifically about my bday or anything so I'm not quite sure how he knew LOL.

The Nick following is such a double edged sword. Like it's cool and sometimes I've tweeted jokes with friends and Nick's jumped in on the convo once or twice cause he follows us both. But it's made me very aware of what I tweet, which sucks cause I don't want him to accidentally see it and think I'm nuts LOL. At least with Howie he's barely on twitter so I don't care as much.

Kevin tweets a lot of fans but he doesn't follow any, and he's said on twitter it's because he wants to be fair. I think that's a good move. He sees a lot cause he's liked tweets that I don't tag him in on the TDS twitter so I feel like he has lists himself LOL but doesn't get his timeline clogged by following fans.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." óAnonymous

ďI donít believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.Ē óRay Bradbury

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2019, 01:47:04 PM »

I must start using Twitter again, not been on there for years!  But I can just imagine the nutty fans begging for tweets lol.  Kevin has the right idea I suppose, better to follow no fans than have begs for follows

Mistral
Major Disruption

« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2019, 02:11:29 PM »

Me the Backstreet boys follow me on Twitter, but I wish Brian can send me just a little hello, but he doesnít respond to fans.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2019, 06:24:28 PM »

Brian only responds to selective fans... mainly just one.  Nick and Kevin reply randomly.  Howie and AJ don't really seem to tweet fans at all, at least from what I see.  They can't please everyone, but either replying randomly or not following fans at all seems to be the fairest way to do it.

The BSB account follows me, but I don't think it's usually any of the Boys tweeting from that account, so I don't worry about that one.  I honestly don't want any of the guys following me on the off chance that they might see one of my tweets about my weird, inappropriate fanfics.

~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 49
Print
Jump to: