Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 49
Author Topic: Conversations about all things BSB related...  (Read 30895 times)
RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #660 on: May 19, 2020, 08:15:32 PM »

I think I've only actually killed a wife twice... and both times it was Leighanne LOL.  It may be harder to kill one off now, seeing how happy the guys are.  I really do love all their wives.  It made me sad to read about Lauren in your story, Rose.  But I have three story ideas that involve dead wives at the beginning, so I can't say that's a line I won't cross anymore.  Sorry, ladies.  I've definitely killed more Boys than wives, though.

I don't know if I have another slash in me after SAMS, but writing that at least made me more open to reading them.  I don't seek them out, but I also don't avoid a story just because it has that slash label anymore.  I'm really enjoying Tracy's Brian/Nick story that I wish she would update.

Incest in general is not off-limits to me.  I actually had some incest planned for my last story at one point, but that was between the villainous sister and brother (who was not one of the Backstreet Boys).  I wouldn't even say writing about child abuse or sexual abuse is off-limits because, as Mare said earlier, that kind of stuff can make for a good traumatic back story.  It just wouldn't ever be between one of the Boys and his kid.  Pedophilia is one disease I will never give a Backstreet Boy LOL.

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Mistral
Major Disruption

« Reply #661 on: May 19, 2020, 08:21:04 PM »

For me a fanfic is only a story so I know itís never gonna happen in real life. I read so many fanfics about real people so itís not something that bother me.

I write slash for so long, I writer on a french forum when they still existed teach me how to write a slash fanfic, so I always read that type of fanfics.

For the incest, it depend how the story is build. If itís only to hurt them, itís a big no no for me, but me for to read it the kids need to be almost adult with the age of consent.

I donít like the wives in a fanfic, I write only with the boys.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #662 on: May 19, 2020, 08:39:55 PM »

Well, the incest story I came across the other day had Brian raping Baylee and threatening to let the rest of the guys gang-bang him on tour.  There was no consent involved, and Baylee was traumatized.  I can't imagine myself enjoying a story about a "loving" incestuous relationship between father and son either, but this was definitely not that.  This story portrayed Brian as a rapist, a pedophile, and a child abuser and suggested that the other four were the same way.  I know we all write about things that we wouldn't want to happen in real life, but I guess I just don't understand the entertainment value of that particular characterizati on of the guys.  To each their own.

What was the best piece of advice you got for writing slash, Mistral?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 08:42:11 PM by RokofAges75 » Logged

~Julie

Mistral
Major Disruption

« Reply #663 on: May 19, 2020, 08:44:51 PM »

Iím gonna wait to read more this fanfic before I talk about it.

I cannot wait to read your fanfic about ER!

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #664 on: May 19, 2020, 08:52:53 PM »

Thanks!  It is coming along... slowly.  It's only going to be ten chapters plus an epilogue, and I finished Chapter 6 last night, so it's over halfway done.  But I've been working on it sporadically since like 2012, so who knows how long it will take to write the last five chapters.  I want to at least be close to the end before I start posting it just because of how long it's taken me to get to this point.

I have such huge respect for the writers of ER (and all decent medical dramas) because it's harder than I thought it would be to research and get all the medical details right while still keeping the story moving at an exciting pace.  ER did it perfectly, and they were pretty spot-on with most of the medical stuff, from what I can tell.  I am trying my best to mimic them LOL.  It's fun writing characters from another fandom for a change though.

~Julie

Mistral
Major Disruption

« Reply #665 on: May 19, 2020, 09:00:42 PM »

If you need help with it Iím here! You are welcome!

Right now I write a fanfic about the last ship, ER and our bsb in it.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #666 on: May 19, 2020, 09:04:52 PM »

Thank you!  Are you posting your new fanfic anywhere yet?

~Julie

Mistral
Major Disruption

« Reply #667 on: May 19, 2020, 09:08:31 PM »

Very welcome!

I wish I can, but my dad work at home so I cannot use our family computer until he goes back to work at his office. I donít know when it is gonna be.

If someone can help me to find a way so I can post my fanfic.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #668 on: May 19, 2020, 09:13:18 PM »

That's too bad.  When I first started writing, it was the same way - I would have to get on my mom's computer to update, without anyone seeing what I was doing LOL.  I had to be stealthy.

What are you using to write and post on here?

~Julie

Mistral
Major Disruption

« Reply #669 on: May 19, 2020, 09:18:27 PM »

I write it first on paper, after that I put in the family computer to translate it and finally post it here.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #670 on: May 19, 2020, 09:22:34 PM »

What are you using right now on the forum?

~Julie

Mistral
Major Disruption

« Reply #671 on: May 19, 2020, 09:23:38 PM »

My ipad!

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #672 on: May 19, 2020, 09:30:58 PM »

My ipad!

Have you ever used Google Docs?  You could get the app for your iPad and type your stories that way or use voice-typing to dictate them, which may be faster since you already have them written on paper.  It does a pretty good job at recognizing speech, although you do still have to go back and edit for things like punctuation, capital letters, and words that it gets wrong.  Then you could either copy/paste from Google Docs onto AO3, AC, and wherever else right on your iPad or pull up your stories on Google Docs on your dad's computer when you're able to get on it again.  It's nice because it's all online and saves changes automatically.

~Julie

Mistral
Major Disruption

« Reply #673 on: May 19, 2020, 10:03:33 PM »

I doesnít have an google account and right now my ipad is full because the games I play, music and pictures.
I cannot add anything on my dad computer, so itís gonna wait when Iím gonna be able to buy a new ipad.

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #674 on: May 20, 2020, 05:19:49 AM »

For me, nothing seems to be off limits to read and write apart from paedophilia.

I've killed characters off and read plenty of stories where characters are killed or tortured.  I never thought I'd read slash but loved Sick As My Secrets and also enjoying Tracy's story too If I Knew Then.  I think because they are more about the love and not just graphic sex scenes. 

I don't like graphic sex scenes but have read them and may have even written them and cringed lol.  But I wouldn't want to read/write a story that is just all sex and no story.  I know a lot of people who like that kind of thing, and that's fine as I know we all have different taste, but it's not for me.

Julie, I wouldn't have been put off A Heart That Isn't Mine if the brother and sister were in an incestuous relationship as they were adults, and they were a couple of weirdos and it would've fitted the story well lol.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 49
Print
Jump to: