Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49
Author Topic: Conversations about all things BSB related...  (Read 30879 times)
RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #675 on: May 20, 2020, 11:03:45 AM »

I think because they are more about the love and not just graphic sex scenes. 

I think that's the difference for me too.  I'm a lot more willing to stick with something that makes me uncomfortable if it makes sense in the context of a larger story.

Julie, I wouldn't have been put off A Heart That Isn't Mine if the brother and sister were in an incestuous relationship as they were adults, and they were a couple of weirdos and it would've fitted the story well lol.

LOL, I switched from incest to necrophilia... which is worse? LOL I actually think incest is worse because necrophilia's not really hurting anyone, as the victims are dead, but necrophilia is definitely grosser.

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #676 on: May 21, 2020, 03:46:19 AM »

I think that's the difference for me too.  I'm a lot more willing to stick with something that makes me uncomfortable if it makes sense in the context of a larger story.

LOL, I switched from incest to necrophilia... which is worse? LOL I actually think incest is worse because necrophilia's not really hurting anyone, as the victims are dead, but necrophilia is definitely grosser.

Even if it had been both, it would have fitted the characters, definitely gross though lol

Mistral
Major Disruption

« Reply #677 on: May 21, 2020, 11:17:53 AM »

I just receive an email from ticketmaster for Montreal concert.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #678 on: May 21, 2020, 12:52:06 PM »

Yes, I got emails from Ticketmaster and Live Nation for the two shows I bought tickets for.  Both said the shows have been postponed, not cancelled, and that they're working to reschedule the dates.

~Julie

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #679 on: May 21, 2020, 12:54:46 PM »

So let's play "What's the grossest thing you've ever written or looked up for a story?"  Necrophilia is definitely up there for me.

~Julie

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

Uh oh! We lost Nick again...

« Reply #680 on: May 21, 2020, 03:37:38 PM »

Actually I haven't looked up anything super gross lol. Ironic. I do remember googling seizure videos for Undead.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #681 on: May 21, 2020, 05:28:32 PM »

Poor Twitchin' Nick LOL. I bet the grossest thing you ever wrote was for Undead too... splody zombies or something along those lines.

You just reminded me I once researched enemas and wrote a scene about one of the Carter girls giving Hugh Hefner one in 00Carter, so thanks for that memory.  That is right up there with necrophilia LOL.

~Julie

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #682 on: May 21, 2020, 06:38:47 PM »

I haven’t ever really looked up anything gross. The only time I’ve ever done real research was about wormholes and ptsd. I think the most disturbing thing I’ve ever written was the MINE scene in It Stays.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #683 on: May 21, 2020, 08:14:23 PM »

Definite the MINE scene!  Tim in Hope was disturbing too, but not in a gross way.  I feel like researching wormholes would make my head hurt LOL.  Time travel, parallel universes, all that stuff blows my mind if I think too much about it.  I commend you for writing such a great story about parallel universes because that could not have been easy to keep everything straight and somehow make it make sense!

~Julie

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #684 on: May 21, 2020, 10:25:50 PM »

Poor Twitchin' Nick LOL. I bet the grossest thing you ever wrote was for Undead too... splody zombies or something along those lines.

You just reminded me I once researched enemas and wrote a scene about one of the Carter girls giving Hugh Hefner one in 00Carter, so thanks for that memory.  That is right up there with necrophilia LOL.

lmao good times. And yep it was splody zombies, you shoot one and kaboom! guts everywhere.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #685 on: May 22, 2020, 01:58:23 AM »

Mine was the bot flies lol.  I remember I saw a documentary on TV about a guy who was in the jungle and got an infestation, and then did a little research into bot fly infestation for botfly Jordan lol.

I'm sure it couldn't have been easy all the research you all did, as all of your stories seem so realistic.

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #686 on: May 22, 2020, 07:11:31 AM »

Definite the MINE scene!  Tim in Hope was disturbing too, but not in a gross way.  I feel like researching wormholes would make my head hurt LOL.  Time travel, parallel universes, all that stuff blows my mind if I think too much about it.  I commend you for writing such a great story about parallel universes because that could not have been easy to keep everything straight and somehow make it make sense!

It definitely made my brain hurt. Tim was disturbing but more in a mayor of crazy town way. I give you credit for researching all the medical stuff you do. One of the reasons I never really did a medical drama was because of all the research that would have to go into it and how low my tolerance is for seeing visuals of stuff like that.

I was definitely going to say the bot fly scene for you Steph lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #687 on: May 22, 2020, 08:30:46 AM »

Tim in Hope was definitely a weirdo lol, I loved that story though

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #688 on: May 22, 2020, 07:13:50 PM »

One thing I've learned over the years is that I google some strange shit when I'm writing a story. My current one has some gems LOL

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #689 on: May 22, 2020, 10:38:39 PM »

Steph, I knew you were going to say bot flies!  I was going to say it if you didn't LOL.  That was so delightfully disgusting!  We have a show over here called Monsters Inside Me about people with parasites and flesh-eating bacteria and stuff like that.  Bot flies have probably been on it.  It makes me squirm, but I love watching it at the same time.

Mare, Tim is probably my favorite of all your original characters.  He was so batshit crazy and scary, but I loved him in a weird way.  You made him somehow sympathetic, even though he was the villain and I was rooting for the Boys to get away from him.

Rose, I bet you do have some gems in your new one!  I can't wait to read more of it!

I actually really enjoy researching, especially the medical stuff.  Living alone, I have become much bolder in what I'm willing to look up pictures and videos of for the sake of describing things more realistically.  I don't have to worry about anyone looking at my search history, so whatever!  Google and Big Brother can think I'm weird all they want; I'm sure they've seen worse.  I don't usually get grossed out watching medical procedures or seeing graphic pictures.  Like, I will say, "Oh wow, that's gross," but it doesn't bother me.  I'm not sure I could have stomached actually being a doctor or nurse, though, because smells do bother me.  I will gag almost to the point of throwing up at the smells in public restrooms sometimes, and I'm sure many healthcare workers have to deal with much, much worse on a regular basis.  Stinky kids at school are enough for me!

~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49
Print
Jump to: