Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 69
Author Topic: Conversations about all things BSB related...  (Read 55821 times)
RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #840 on: January 16, 2021, 12:03:35 AM »

As much as I wish Brian would apologize, I don't think he will.  Not anytime soon, anyway.  That would mean admitting he was wrong, and I don't think he thinks he's wrong.  He thinks he's being a Patriot and defending the first amendment.  He's been brainwashed; he drank the Kool-Aid, and it poisoned his mind.  It pains me to say this because you all know Brian's been my favorite from the very beginning, but he's acting like an ignorant fool.

I hope one day he'll wake up and see the error of his ways, but right now, an apology from him would be meaningless because we'd all know it was coerced.  I don't want it to come to that.

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write

« Reply #841 on: January 16, 2021, 12:14:19 AM »

I don't think he will either, definitely not right now, and probably at bare minimum not until they're back on tour again and he's outside of his bubble.

Discourse is difficult with people who are so firmly rooted into their beliefs. If there's not an opportunity for conversation, there's not an opportunity for change. The best we can hope is that this could be the catalyst for a real conversation some time down the road.

~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #842 on: January 16, 2021, 12:18:38 AM »

I don't think he will either, definitely not right now, and probably at bare minimum not until they're back on tour again and he's outside of his bubble.

Discourse is difficult with people who are so firmly rooted into their beliefs. If there's not an opportunity for conversation, there's not an opportunity for change. The best we can hope is that this could be the catalyst for a real conversation some time down the road.

Well said!

~Julie

Mistral
Major Disruption

« Reply #843 on: January 16, 2021, 01:13:10 AM »

I understand everything you said about that.

I donít want to be mean, but Brianís wife remove him from the bsb world and keep him away from the group.

Thatís worry me more thatís the group loose their tour contract in Canada because he is a risk to be ban from enter in Canada.

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #844 on: January 16, 2021, 04:57:40 AM »

I agree about them not having to comment publicly. People assume just because they havenít said anything in public, that they havenít spoken in private. I highly doubt thatís true. Iím sure theyíve been aware of Brianís political beliefs for a long time now and have most likely had several conversations about it. They may have to re-examine things if it does indeed end up hurting the band but since they are on break, itís really hard for them to tell if there will be any real repercussions to his actions. People like to talk the talk but not sure many of them will actually sell their tickets or stop buying their records. Too early to tell right now. By the time they start touring again, hopefully it will have blown over.

I do feel bad for AJ and possibly Nick though because of their solo stuff, they might be asked about this in interviews. Hopefully theyíve figured out what they plan to say. And hopefully if Brian is asked about it, he doesnít make things worse!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #845 on: January 16, 2021, 09:52:43 AM »

I understand everything you said about that.

I donít want to be mean, but Brianís wife remove him from the bsb world and keep him away from the group.

Thatís worry me more thatís the group loose their tour contract in Canada because he is a risk to be ban from enter in Canada.

You're not being mean.  I agree with you about Leighanne.  I don't think any country should ban Brian from entering on the basis of him simply being on Parler.  It would be different if he were on there planning insurrections or had actually participated in the one at the capital.  In fairness, I haven't seen anything he posted on Parler because I obviously did not follow him there, but I think we would have seen screen shots if he had posted anything there that could get him in trouble.

While I don't think it was a smart move to advertise that he had an account there, I also don't think it's fair to make the generalization that everyone on there is racist or taking part in planning a coup.  Generalizing just leads to stereotyping and prejudice, and two wrongs don't make a right.  I'm not talking about anyone here specifically, just about tweets I've seen.  It's easy to lump all the Trumpers into one category, but all this business with Brian has made me try to understand the other side's point of view better, even if I blatantly disagree with it.  I think empathy is needed on both sides.  If we were all more willing to listen with open hearts and minds and try to understand each other, maybe we wouldn't be so divided.

~Julie

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #846 on: January 16, 2021, 12:07:07 PM »

I do feel bad for AJ and possibly Nick though because of their solo stuff, they might be asked about this in interviews. Hopefully theyíve figured out what they plan to say. And hopefully if Brian is asked about it, he doesnít make things worse!

This is what I'm worried about. I hope their PR people are helping them spin a perfectly reasonable not answer that feels satisfying and doesn't fan the flames of anything.

I think empathy is needed on both sides.  If we were all more willing to listen with open hearts and minds and try to understand each other, maybe we wouldn't be so divided.

This 100%. Well said!

~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #847 on: January 16, 2021, 01:21:57 PM »

I don't think the group have anything to apologise for, they shouldn't have to make a statement about Brian.  And he probably doesn't realise that what he says comes across all wrong to people, he's probably voted that way all his life and had those opinions, how would we know?  We only see what they want us to see.

I agree 100% with what Julie said  though about empathy on both sides, I'm liberal like that too.

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #848 on: January 16, 2021, 01:39:42 PM »

I don't understand why they would be banned from a country for a couple of tweets though, surely that is a bit harsh? 

Mistral
Major Disruption

« Reply #849 on: January 16, 2021, 01:50:16 PM »

Canada have very strict laws and people have begin to ask our prime minister to have a wall between Canada and USA borders and add soldiers too.

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

Uh oh! We lost Nick again...

« Reply #850 on: January 18, 2021, 05:55:14 AM »

You're not being mean.  I agree with you about Leighanne.  I don't think any country should ban Brian from entering on the basis of him simply being on Parler.  It would be different if he were on there planning insurrections or had actually participated in the one at the capital.  In fairness, I haven't seen anything he posted on Parler because I obviously did not follow him there, but I think we would have seen screen shots if he had posted anything there that could get him in trouble.

While I don't think it was a smart move to advertise that he had an account there, I also don't think it's fair to make the generalization that everyone on there is racist or taking part in planning a coup.  Generalizing just leads to stereotyping and prejudice, and two wrongs don't make a right.  I'm not talking about anyone here specifically, just about tweets I've seen.  It's easy to lump all the Trumpers into one category, but all this business with Brian has made me try to understand the other side's point of view better, even if I blatantly disagree with it.  I think empathy is needed on both sides.  If we were all more willing to listen with open hearts and minds and try to understand each other, maybe we wouldn't be so divided.

Yeah I'm trying to see where he comes from. I'll admit I'm having a very hard time but I don't plan on writing him off entirely. I never did really even if my emotions were high when it first went down. At least if he had to pull this stunt, he did it while BSB have nothing going on right now. But I do like you, feel bad for Nick if he's got his solo album coming soon. Hard to tell now with the new baby news.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." óAnonymous

ďI donít believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.Ē óRay Bradbury

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #851 on: January 24, 2021, 05:23:29 PM »

Bucs Super Bowl bound! Hope Nick's having a delightful day! Smiley

~*Dee*~

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #852 on: January 24, 2021, 05:35:31 PM »

Looks like he is!  Did you see the video he posted on Instagram before the game?  https://www.instagram.com/p/CKcBazDhXEK/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link  Sound on.  He's such a dork LOL.  I love him.

~Julie

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #853 on: January 24, 2021, 05:44:13 PM »

I didn't, but I looked when you posted the link! I love that he decided it was worthy of O Fortuna! Hahaha. Such a dork. I also love him. Now if only the Bills could win, then all my favorite Nicks would be ecstatic.

~*Dee*~

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #854 on: January 24, 2021, 05:50:37 PM »

Good lord, if the Bills donít win this game I swear this entire town will completely implode on itself. All anyone (except me) cares about here is the Buffalo Bills and blue cheese on chicken wings.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 69
Print
Jump to: