Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27
Author Topic: Conversations about all things BSB related...  (Read 6760 times)
Mistral
Captain of Commotion

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2019, 09:04:30 AM »

Itís very sad that the grammy doesnít want to give a trophy to them!

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 03:57:17 PM »

Aww update on Gil and Dave. They will definitely be performing their song on the Oscars where, just like BSB, they will also lose to Lady Gaga lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2019, 05:24:05 PM »

Set Adrift used to be a skip song for me, but it actually grew on me over the years.  It's a little boring, but I don't mind it now.  It's a nice Brian song.

It had been a LONG time since I'd bothered watching The Grammy's.  I'm sure the last time I watched was the last time the Boys were there; I just can't remember if that was in 2001, or if they presented or performed more recently than that.  I was glad their category was presented first so I didn't have to keep watching, LOL.  I didn't see Post Malone's or JLo's performance, but JLo isn't all that great of a singer.  A lot of pop singers are better entertainers than actual singers.  Then there's Lady Gaga - I did catch her performance, and she really can sing, but what the hell was she doing while she was singing?!  I actually like her music and think she is talented, but she is so freaking weird LOL.

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2019, 05:25:30 PM »

Aww update on Gil and Dave. They will definitely be performing their song on the Oscars where, just like BSB, they will also lose to Lady Gaga lol

Oh great!  Now that I will watch all the way through.  Damn Lady Gaga!

~Julie

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

Uh oh! We lost Nick again...

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2019, 05:54:58 PM »

Lol I bounced after the Boys lost. I was thankful they did that category early. I don't have the patience for award shows that I used to.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." óAnonymous

ďI donít believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.Ē óRay Bradbury

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 06:17:41 PM »

I like the acting awards better than the music ones.  I don't know why because a lot of times I haven't seen most of the movies or shows that are nominated, but I still like watching.

~Julie

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2019, 07:22:44 PM »

Iím the same. Actually the only awards I donít enjoy are the Grammys for some reason. I think my favorites are the Emmy Awards and the Tonys. I usually only watch the Oscars if I managed to see at least a few of the nominated movies or ya know...if someone I know is nominated I guess lol

Iíve had friends nominated for several Grammys and emmys but they are usually the categories that are done before the telecast except for when Susan was nominated for best new artist which was probably the last time I watched the Grammy awards. That was the year BSB was nominated for all those awards for Millennium but I wasnít really invested in them yet, although I was getting there. I was disappointed they didnít win anything.

Oh and yes, I agree. Lady Gaga is weird! Sheís incredibly talented but so odd I canít get on the bandwagon.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 08:01:16 PM by mare » Logged

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

smh1105
Innocent Bystander

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2019, 10:01:56 PM »

Yea, its hard to watch the Grammys when you don't know who most of the singers/musicians are anymore LOL I kept asking my 13y/o who people were. She didn't know, but she isn't into music as much. My 10y/o who is more into music probably knew who a lot of them were lol but she was over at her grandparents.

I agree on the whole lady gaga thing, she is very talented but weird (though she has toned it down a lot in the past couple years) so I was never really into her either. But weird is what sells these days I guess. For most other singers they need to be "weird" in order to distract from them not being very talented. 

I feel the Grammys are more about performances/tributes than the actual awards. Like they only show a handful of awards compared to how many there actually are.

I feel acting award shows just seem more idk calm/mature, if that even makes any sense lol.

~Shaina~
"A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity" Franz Kafka
"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity" Edgar Allen Poe

julilly
Master of Havoc
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2019, 09:07:05 PM »

I just watched A Star is Born and I'd probably give Gaga all the awards right now too. It was good.

On another note... I haven't listened to the new album. I've had lots of opportunity to (two 7 hour drives in three days) but I haven't even really listened to much music lately so the interest just isn't there. I usually have an audiobook or a podcast on when I'm commuting and what music I do listen to is alt rock.  Goldfish

~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2019, 08:09:30 AM »

Iím always jealous of people who can listen to audiobooks while driving. I canít do it. I get so involved in the story I canít concen on anything else.

I havenít seen A Star is Born. I have a feeling I wouldnít really enjoy it,
even though I love Bradley Cooper. Iím just curious to know who dies at the end lol

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2019, 10:12:18 PM »

Iím always jealous of people who can listen to audiobooks while driving. I canít do it. I get so involved in the story I canít concen on anything else.

I havenít seen A Star is Born. I have a feeling I wouldnít really enjoy it,
even though I love Bradley Cooper. Iím just curious to know who dies at the end lol

I was underwhelmed by A Star is Born.  It wasn't a bad movie; the acting was good, and the music was great.  The storyline just reminded me of every Mary Sue "Backstreet Boy randomly discovers aspiring singer and makes her a star" fanfic I've ever read.  But the music really is good, so you might like it for that.

Spoiler alert: As for who dies at the end...
Bradley Cooper hangs himself.

~Julie

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

Uh oh! We lost Nick again...

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2019, 03:38:18 AM »

The story just doesn't interest me at all. I don't know, I have no urge to see A Star Is Born.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." óAnonymous

ďI donít believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.Ē óRay Bradbury

FrickingKaos
General Pandemonium

writing fanfic by moonlight....

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2019, 04:09:06 AM »

I adore Lady Gaga but I did not have a urge to see the movie.

However my mom and I went to see the anniversary edition of Dirty Dancing (I'd never seen the full movie before) and that was fun. AMC had a special two night showing so I bought tickets. It was fun when they started clapping in the movie when Johnny and Baby dance at the end because everyone in the theater started clapping and cheering too. My mom loved that and the behind the scenes documentary they showed in the beginning.

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2019, 05:39:59 AM »

Iíve never had the desire to see Dirty Dancing either. 

I know this is a shocker, but Iím not a fan of romance 😮 lol

In fact, I honestly canít think of even one purely romantic drama that I have enjoyed. I can name theee rom-coms: My Best Friendís Wedding, Ever After and The Princess Bride, but nothing else. Except musicals I guess, where pretty much all of them have at least some Mary Sue elements.

I never saw the other two versions of A Star is Born either. As far as Gaga, sheís incredibly talented but Iím not a fan of her stuff popwise. I do really enjoy Shallow though. I think my favorite version of her was the jazz one with Tony B. No weird stuff, just her and her talent.

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2019, 05:40:40 AM »

I was underwhelmed by A Star is Born.  It wasn't a bad movie; the acting was good, and the music was great.  The storyline just reminded me of every Mary Sue "Backstreet Boy randomly discovers aspiring singer and makes her a star" fanfic I've ever read.  But the music really is good, so you might like it for that.

Spoiler alert: As for who dies at the end...
Bradley Cooper hangs himself.

Thank you! lol

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27
Print
Jump to: