Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
Author Topic: Conversations about all things BSB related...  (Read 1504 times)
RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2019, 11:27:53 AM »

I was going to ask if any of you write ahead and then go back to fill in the gaps.  I've never been able to do that; I pretty much always write my stories in order.

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos
General Pandemonium

writing fanfic by moonlight....

« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2019, 02:57:08 PM »

For most of my stories I do write in order. Just before I decided to add in real events and follow a timeline to make the story realistic, I wrote some scenes to see if I could actually make this work. I'm writing in order now. But sometimes for development purposes I do write a scene ahead of time.

smh1105
Innocent Bystander

« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2019, 08:14:27 PM »

I try to write in order, but if I think of a good idea for later in the story I will write a quick outline for it. I try to avoid writing out the whole scene, otherwise I might get distracted and keep writing from that scene on.

~Shaina~
"A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity" Franz Kafka
"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity" Edgar Allen Poe

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

Uh oh! We lost Nick again...

« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2019, 06:47:28 AM »

I've only done that for an epilogue once, just because I knew exactly how I wanted it to end. I edited it a little bit when I got there but I was glad I kept the idea I'd wanted for it.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

julilly
Master of Havoc
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2019, 12:33:35 PM »

LOL I don't get it either.  I know you guys were spending a long time trying to delete them all.  If Julilly's able to figure out where to add the challenge question or require new members to change their password, it sounds like that may cut down on their ability to actually leave spam reviews.  They'll still be able to make an account; they just won't be able to use it.

Our passwords have always been randomly generated. We actually have all the mods we can put on this version of efiction and it just can't block them all. There's been 2300 blocked attempts to start accounts this week thanks to the Bad Behavior mod but just as many that got through.

I have never added the chapter review notice mod because it emails a single address and don't think having every review emailed to Mare and I is really going to help when we still have to manually go in and delete them all.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 12:37:04 PM by julilly » Logged

~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2019, 04:24:56 PM »

Our passwords have always been randomly generated. We actually have all the mods we can put on this version of efiction and it just can't block them all. There's been 2300 blocked attempts to start accounts this week thanks to the Bad Behavior mod but just as many that got through.

I have never added the chapter review notice mod because it emails a single address and don't think having every review emailed to Mare and I is really going to help when we still have to manually go in and delete them all.

That is so frustrating!  No, the chapter review notice mod doesn't seem very practical if it means you and Mare would have to manually approve or delete every review.  Way too time-consuming!

Is adding a challenge question to the registration process an option?  It was mentioned on that thread I linked a few pages back, but here is another thread with more info on how to do it: https://efiction.org/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=8obo0c3m1nenph742p3gfrmfq3&topic=9121.0  I'm not sure how easy that is to do or if it would work with the version of eFiction you're using.  Just looking for possible solutions to the problem that wouldn't make more work for the mods once set up.

~Julie

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2019, 06:05:50 PM »

Have you guys been watching the BSB 23 Chromosomes episodes?  The one they posted today is called "Albums," and yet it's just Nick talking about This Is Us and a little bit about DNA.  What about all the other albums??  Where are the other boys??  Why are these episodes only a minute long??  I feel cheated! LOL

I would love to know Kevin's honest opinions about the two albums they recorded while he was taking his break.  I know he likes the song Undone, but how does he feel about She's a Dream and PDA?  What's his favorite song on Unbreakable?  They should have interviewed Kevin for this episode!

~Julie

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

Uh oh! We lost Nick again...

« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2019, 02:25:43 AM »

LOL I felt a bit vindicated. I know I'm rare in that I enjoyed (as a whole) This Is Us more than Never Gone. And it's nice Nick has it as a favorite! (It's not my favorite, that honor belongs to Millennium, but not the point lol.) But I do think they should've expanded.

I've been DYING to get Kevin's opinion on Unbreakable. He talks about STMH, he talks about Undone, and I think If I Knew Then (this one I might be wrong on). But he's never said boo about Unbreakable and I'd love to know his thoughts on it.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2019, 05:15:42 AM »

Those chromosomes episodes have been underwhelming. It’s like they don’t fully get what an episode is. It’s more like a commercial than an episode. As soon as they suck me in, it’s over. It seems like they’ll each be taking an ‘episode’ by themselves now since it was only Brian on the last one.

I cringed when Nick mentioned The Scissors. That album is just full of no!

I’d love to hear Kevin’s opinion on everything, I mean...everyth ing lol someone needs to get Kevin drunk and then interview him.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2019, 12:57:23 PM »

I agree; they're too short!!  Something is better than nothing, but still, it wouldn't be that hard to put together a ten minute episode featuring interviews with all five of them.

A drunk Kevin interview would be the best!!

~Julie

Mistral
Captain of Commotion

« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2019, 05:01:47 PM »

Have you see the video of Kevin drunk in Montreal?

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2019, 07:30:47 PM »

I don't think so...  Do you have a link?

~Julie

Mistral
Captain of Commotion

« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2019, 07:46:10 PM »

Yes! Here the link: https://youtu.be/O3304n-8pqI

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2019, 08:06:21 PM »

Haha!!  I have seen that before.  Drunk Kevin cracks me up!

~Julie

Mistral
Captain of Commotion

« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2019, 08:11:05 PM »

It was at the beginning when they come to Montreal

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
Print
Jump to: