Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34
Author Topic: Conversations about all things BSB related...  (Read 9345 times)
RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #285 on: July 21, 2019, 03:49:36 PM »

I also agree about the track order on DNA.  It's impossible to pick the best side of the record because both halves of the album have strong songs.  They did a good job spreading the boring ones out and putting good ones back to back.

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #286 on: July 21, 2019, 09:51:50 PM »

I discovered this wiki page called Fanlore last night that has a BSB section with info about the fandom and fanfic: https://fanlore.org/wiki/Backstreet_Boys  There's a link to the article on AC at the bottom.  Neither article is very in-depth, but it was still cool to see some of my favorite fanfic sites and stories included.  I considered signing up so I can go edit and add some more information, but that feels like a big undertaking that would suck up a lot of time better spent doing something else (like actually writing fanfic?).

There's a list of "Notable Fanworks" on the BSB article, divided into two waves.  I have at least heard of every story on the first wave and none of the stories on the second wave LOL.  By the mid-2000s, I was pretty much only reading my friends' stories and stuff on AC, so if they weren't posted here, I probably never came across them.  Although, looking at the stories listed, they all seem to be NSYNC stories, not BSB, so I'm not even sure why they're included.  This is the problem with wikis LOL.

Anyway, just wondering what other sites and "notable fanworks" you would include if you were the one editing?

~Julie

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #287 on: July 25, 2019, 07:11:07 AM »

The first BSB concert I went to was Unbreakable, me and my friend were lucky enough to be front row too Smiley  We had AJ throwing his water bottle over us (it was a very hot day) and we touched hands with Nick as he ran past lol.  I've been to every tour since then.

I've not listened to Howie's album because I know it's for kids and I've done my share of kid stuff over the years.  But I might give the one you posted a listen when I'm home from work and able to have sound on, same goes for the deleted scene from the documentary.

I'm still loving the DNA album too, I don't listen to every song all the time, but still have my favourites.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #288 on: July 26, 2019, 05:16:11 PM »

Front row for your first BSB concert!  Wow, lucky!!  You must have been so spoiled after that!  Once you know what it's like to be in the front row, it's hard to be further back.

You should definitely listen to Howie's album when you can!  It's for kids, but it's not like obnoxious KidzBop or "The Wheels on the Bus" kind of kids songs.  They're all autobiographic al songs about Howie's childhood, and they're cheesy, but fun.

~Julie

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #289 on: July 29, 2019, 04:52:00 AM »

Yeah it seems every time I see them I end up further and further back now Sad  Can't beat that front row feeling.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #290 on: August 28, 2019, 05:12:37 PM »

Ugh, no one has posted in this thread in almost a month!  Sad.

Just wanted to take a moment to appreciate this photo Brian shared: https://www.instagram.com/p/B1uDQuxFFkz/  Remember when a shirtless pic of Brian (post-surgery) or Nick used to be like finding Bigfoot?  They've come so far!  What a great time to be alive.  Cheesy

~Julie

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

Uh oh! We lost Nick again...

« Reply #291 on: September 01, 2019, 09:31:52 PM »

Dude my jaw dropped when I saw it LOL

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #292 on: September 02, 2019, 06:33:15 AM »

Yes, what a time to be alive lol, loving all their Instagram photos, especially shirtless ones Smiley

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #293 on: September 04, 2019, 04:55:00 PM »

I'm loving the pics and videos of them visiting kids in the hospital too - so sweet!  Seems like Brian and Nick have been hanging out more on this tour.  Like that one pic of them in the pool mocking Howie on his bday - Nick was at Brian's house!  I love to see them acting all Frick & Frackish.  It's probably nice for Brian that Nick finally grew up and settled down and turned into this family man that he can relate to again, and I'm sure Nick appreciates Brian not being a dick, a la House of Carters "Blurry Brian" who acts like he's embarrassed of him.

~Julie

Mistral
Captain of Commotion

« Reply #294 on: September 04, 2019, 06:14:55 PM »

That’s good to see Brian regain self-confidence with shirtless pictures

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #295 on: September 04, 2019, 09:16:30 PM »

Yes!  He has nothing to be self-conscious about.  He's so freaking hot and in great shape!

~Julie

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #296 on: September 06, 2019, 01:13:24 AM »

OMG the posing like Howie photo was hilarious. I love that Brian and Nick are bonding again. Honestly they were always my favorite bromance besides Kevin/Nick and so I'm happy for a Frick and Frack revival.

So, thoughts on Let It Be Me? It's different but I dig it. Also...it's a Nick and Howie song, which is so different.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #297 on: September 06, 2019, 11:29:32 AM »

That was so hilarious! I love we got a shirtless photo out of 4/5 of them for the sake of razzing Howie on his birthday, LOL.

I'm not blown away by Let It Be Me, but I do like it.  It sounds like a Justin Bieber song LOL.  I don't mean that as a diss; it just does.  I could totally hear Biebs singing it.  Howie does get a lot of time to shine in it - go Howie!

~Julie

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #298 on: September 06, 2019, 03:10:13 PM »

The only Bieber song I know is Somebody to Love lol, so I don't hear him on it LOL. It's very radio friendly.

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #299 on: September 06, 2019, 04:25:38 PM »

I've listened to the new song a couple of times, it's alright and I see what you mean about it being a bit Bieber like.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34
Print
Jump to: