Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 51
Author Topic: Conversations about all things BSB related...  (Read 37373 times)
Rose
Supreme Time Waster

Uh oh! We lost Nick again...

« Reply #525 on: January 06, 2020, 08:26:52 PM »

I need to say Nick talking about how he's finally happy is NOT making it easy to write a fic where I make him suffer! LOL.

But it's very cute.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #526 on: January 09, 2020, 10:02:34 PM »

LOL I know!  I'm so happy for him, and I love all the cute pics and videos he posts of his family, but I totally get what you mean.  I struggle with that too.  I'm really glad I'm done with A Heart That Isn't Mine.

I've been rereading Broken for the blog I've been doing on my site, and every time Nick thinks about how he might like to have a family of his own someday but doesn't think it will happen, it makes me so happy for him now.  He's sure come a long way!

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #527 on: January 12, 2020, 06:50:30 PM »

Awwww right? I remember wondering if Nick would ever find like that happiness and inner peace years ago. It's good to see how much he's gained in...hell, just the last decade.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #528 on: January 13, 2020, 06:05:55 PM »

I know!  I remember him always saying in interviews how he didn't believe in marriage, didn't think he wanted kids because he didn't know if he'd be a good dad, etc., and look at him now!  He's such a great dad!  Thank god for Lauren coming into his life.  I know he had already started to get his shit together when he met her, but I really credit her for helping keep him on track and making him so happy.

~Julie

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #529 on: March 26, 2020, 07:08:12 PM »

I started posting some of my stories on Archive of Our Own during my downtime in quarantine.  I haven't really browsed around there much before now, and let me just say, it's interesting to see how different other archives are, even within the same fandom.

My first impressions...
- The majority of stories there seem to be slash.
- Most of the stories are one-shots, not nearly as many novels as AC.
- Not a lot of suspense, horror, or medical drama.
- Way more crossovers with other fandoms and celebrities.

It's making me miss the good old days on AC... and also reminding me what a picky reader I am LOL.

~Julie

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #530 on: March 26, 2020, 10:54:20 PM »

Aww. Maybe a few of us should pick one of our stories to post over there lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #531 on: March 27, 2020, 08:26:19 AM »

I know a few people from here already post there, like Cinzia, Tracy, Rose, and the author of the Jr. BSB series, but they could definitely use some stories like yours and Steph's.

~Julie

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #532 on: April 03, 2020, 05:01:06 AM »

A friend of mine that I've known online for years (used to be a BSB fan, isn't anymore though) posts there in other fandoms. She's the one who got me to post there a couple years ago. It's definitely a very different corner of the fanfic world. I do like how their layout is set up for feedback though.

Anytime I post my fics, I eventually get a decent amount of feedback compared to other fics posted there and I think it's because they're not slash so therefore "omg something different" LOL.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #533 on: April 03, 2020, 09:17:21 AM »

That's what I'm hoping, that people will eventually come across our stuff and appreciate it for being something different from all the slash and smut on there. I do really like their setup; it's easy to use and has some cool features. I like the kudos and the fact that you can reply to replies to comments. It's nice to be able to interact with readers right on the site again; I miss that about AC with reviews turned off.

~Julie

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #534 on: April 07, 2020, 08:03:06 AM »

What is Archive of our Own? Is it a site to put your stories?

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #535 on: April 07, 2020, 12:31:38 PM »

Yeah, it's a fanfic site, similar to AC and fanfiction.net .  It's got all kinds of fandoms, not just BSB, but it seems to be the most popular place to post BSB fanfics these days... which isn't saying much because it seems like the fanfic corner of the fandom has really died down the past few years.  But at least it's more active than AC is anymore, as far as stories being updated.

https://archiveofourown.org/tags/Backstreet%20Boys/works

~Julie

Mistral
Major Disruption

« Reply #536 on: April 07, 2020, 01:38:28 PM »

I have two fanfics ready to post, but my dad use the computer to work at home I don’t know when I’m gonna be able to post them

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #537 on: April 07, 2020, 04:21:02 PM »

I hope you can post them soon!  What's your username on AO3?

~Julie

Mistral
Major Disruption

« Reply #538 on: April 07, 2020, 05:44:57 PM »

Yes me too! Is shane20

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #539 on: April 07, 2020, 08:33:54 PM »

Subscribed!

~Julie