Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]
Author Topic: Conversations about all things BSB related...  (Read 27087 times)
RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #690 on: May 23, 2020, 12:07:17 AM »

Do you guys think the Christmas album is going to happen this year?  Nick mentioned in the interview he did on Instagram the other day that they've been doing Zoom calls and talking about it, but they've been talking about it for a long time... and still no album LOL.  Now that they've officially postponed the tour, I hope they get busy at least writing songs for a new album.  Recording may be more difficult, but surely they could do some work from home.

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #691 on: May 23, 2020, 02:49:48 AM »

I have my doubts lol but I hope it does! I’d rather an all a capella album but if they include some a capella songs on a Christmas album, I’d be just as happy. For the love of God though, no All I Want for Christmas is You cover!!!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

Uh oh! We lost Nick again...

« Reply #692 on: May 23, 2020, 06:53:58 AM »

Who knows. I remember how long DNA took, and IAWLT lol. I think maybe someday. This could be the year we'll get either that or the acoustic album cause seriously what else do they have to do? LOL.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #693 on: May 23, 2020, 07:54:32 PM »

Right?!  I know they're enjoying just having down time at home with their families, as they should, but I would think at some point they'd get bored and want to go back to work in some way.  An acoustic or a capella album would be a perfect quarantine project too!  I'll be happy with anything put out.

~Julie

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #694 on: May 25, 2020, 04:54:44 AM »

An acoustic album would be great!

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #695 on: May 25, 2020, 06:06:30 PM »

Mare, you may have already seen this because I saw it when Tracy responded to it, but there is a thread on Twitter talking about "It Stays With You" and how it's a fanfic that literally stays with people. https://twitter.com/tinkerbrittt/status/1265053864224591873

For everyone, is there a fanfic you read years ago that has always stuck with you, even if you've moved on from fanfic?

~Julie

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #696 on: May 25, 2020, 07:12:02 PM »

Mare, you may have already seen this because I saw it when Tracy responded to it, but there is a thread on Twitter talking about "It Stays With You" and how it's a fanfic that literally stays with people. https://twitter.com/tinkerbrittt/status/1265053864224591873

For everyone, is there a fanfic you read years ago that has always stuck with you, even if you've moved on from fanfic?

No, I didn’t see that. Wow, that’s really awesome! Hehe rubs hands together like Mr. Burns “excellent!”

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #697 on: May 25, 2020, 08:51:14 PM »

The fanfic that’s always stuck with me is Ground Zero and Swollen Issues both of those made me a fan and made me want to find out more about the boys and to make me want to write as well.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #698 on: May 26, 2020, 06:48:05 PM »

Swollen Issues is one of mine as well.  I never knew Nick cancer stories were a thing I enjoyed until I read that one LOL.

I would also say Where Can We Go From Here.  I've always put that story on such a pedestal because of how much I loved it back in the day, even though, reading it as an adult, I see how cheesy it is.  Still, it was one of the better-written fanfics from the Millennium era.

Signal to Noise is another one that has always stuck with me because of how disturbing but also compelling it was.  I actually reread that one in its entirety last year as I was writing AHTIM, and it still holds up.

And then there are stories that have those shocking moments, like a lot of the ones we already mentioned - MINE, the bot flies, etc. - that will always stick with me.

I said this same thing about Survivor seasons in the TV thread, but I tend to remember details from stories I read a long time ago better than details from stories I read more recently, like within the last few years.  I guess it's a combination of the fact that the whole fanfic thing was new to me back then, so it stuck with me more, and also that I re-read some of these stories multiple times.  Whereas I can name stories I've read in the last 5-10 years that I know I enjoyed, but if you asked me specific questions about the plot, I'd be screwed LOL.  I also think it's harder to find memorable fanfics these days... If it hasn't been done before, then it's usually something weird like Brian/Baylee slash LOL.

~Julie

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #699 on: May 27, 2020, 02:53:54 AM »

There are quite a few stories I've read that have stuck with me.  Song For the Undead, which combines my love of Walking Dead and BSB perfectly Smiley  Curtain Call, A Heart That Isn't Mine, Whatever The Night May Bring, Hope is the last Thing Ever Lost, Ground Zero, Remember Me This Way and Ray of Hope.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #700 on: May 27, 2020, 01:18:11 PM »

Thanks! Smiley

~Julie

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #701 on: May 27, 2020, 03:24:40 PM »

Thanks, Steph!

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]
Print
Jump to: