Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 59
Author Topic: Conversations about all things BSB related...  (Read 51924 times)
RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #810 on: January 13, 2021, 05:26:10 PM »

It must be nice to be a Howie girl and never have to worry about your favorite pissing people off or doing anything remotely controversial LOL.

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write

« Reply #811 on: January 13, 2021, 05:26:23 PM »

Does anyone wonder if Nick dropped the baby bombshell this week to try to distract us from the Brian situation? LOL  Remember how he announced those streams in the studio and virtual meet and greets over the summer right at the height of the Leighanne drama?  Some of us wondered then if he was trying to distract us.  The timing may just be coincidence, but even though I'm not Team Brian on this, there's a part of me that wants to think Nick is trying to return the favor for Brian having his back over the MS allegations.  Of all people, Nick knows what it's like to have fans turn on him.

He's being Brian's good guardian angel again. Since whatever his good shoulder is doing isn't working, he's gone to the "I can be very distracting" tactics. Is it working? It distracted me from thinking about Brian in the back of my head.

~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #812 on: January 13, 2021, 05:27:26 PM »

It must be nice to be a Howie girl and never have to worry about your favorite pissing people off or doing anything remotely controversial LOL.

Howie's just happy to keep Howie-ing! Maybe Brian decided he needed some limelight over quarantine and snapped, haha.

~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #813 on: January 13, 2021, 05:31:41 PM »

Kevin doesn't seem like the type to passive agressively tweet around Brian when he's mad. I'm willing to bet that the group has started discussing it, but don't have a definitive address planned yet. I feel like it's more Kevin's way of saying "I see you all calling out Brian and this is how I feel about it as well" without starting some kind of twitter feud that would be all the more damaging. Whatever the response is, it should come from the group.

I doubt they would cancel the tour.

I'm very excited for them! I'm sending them all my well wishes for a healthy third trimester! But I'm also a twinge jealous, and I don't know if saying that makes me seem like an a-hole or not. It was definitely a weird time for me to receive the news, personally.

Yeah, I agree.  It probably has been discussed, and I do think Kevin is in touch with how the fans are feeling and feels the same way.

Aww, no, it doesn't make you seem like an a-hole at all.  It can be hard to hear happy news about pregnancies and babies if you're struggling to conceive or dealing with a loss.  I'm not sure what you're going through, but I'm sorry for whatever it is. *hugs*

~Julie

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #814 on: January 13, 2021, 05:32:43 PM »

He's being Brian's good guardian angel again. Since whatever his good shoulder is doing isn't working, he's gone to the "I can be very distracting" tactics. Is it working? It distracted me from thinking about Brian in the back of my head.

It's working for me!  Keep on distracting, Carter!

~Julie

Mistral
Major Disruption

« Reply #815 on: January 13, 2021, 05:34:31 PM »

The medias begin to talk about Brian

https://www.vulture.com/2021/01/backstreet-boys-kevin-tweet-brian-qanon.html

https://popculture.com/celebrity/news/brian-littrell-backstreet-boys-joins-parler-fans-divided/

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/backstreet-boys-trump.html/

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #816 on: January 13, 2021, 05:48:09 PM »

It's working for me!  Keep on distracting, Carter!

Nick's basically been distracting me through the pandemic, so I'm glad he's putting the skill to good use, haha. Keep going, Nick!

Yeah, I agree.  It probably has been discussed, and I do think Kevin is in touch with how the fans are feeling and feels the same way.

Aww, no, it doesn't make you seem like an a-hole at all.  It can be hard to hear happy news about pregnancies and babies if you're struggling to conceive or dealing with a loss.  I'm not sure what you're going through, but I'm sorry for whatever it is. *hugs*

It's just subtle enough for twitter, I think.

Thanks for the hug! Smiley *hug* I'm actually doing a lot better after I got the chance to read the People article, it was just a lot this morning to be bombarded with screenshots of his instagram, haha.  Lauren saying (i'm paraphrasing, not direct quoting here) "You can do everything right and things can still go wrong, so I had to learn to let go of the control aspect. Things work out when they're meant to" made me feel a lot better about everything. Such a well spoken lady, love her.

~*Dee*~

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #817 on: January 13, 2021, 05:50:21 PM »

I've had several of these for days. They definitely buried the "Nick talks about his diet" from GQ and "AJ discusses sobriety with so and so" articles that I actually did want to read in my curated news feed from my phone. I would read that Kevin one though if it isn't just listing replies to Brian's original tweet.

~*Dee*~

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #818 on: January 13, 2021, 05:54:39 PM »

Thanks for the hug! Smiley *hug* I'm actually doing a lot better after I got the chance to read the People article, it was just a lot this morning to be bombarded with screenshots of his instagram, haha.  Lauren saying (i'm paraphrasing, not direct quoting here) "You can do everything right and things can still go wrong, so I had to learn to let go of the control aspect. Things work out when they're meant to" made me feel a lot better about everything. Such a well spoken lady, love her.

I'm glad it made you feel a little better.  She has definitely been through it and come out the other side, thankfully.  I hope you will too.

~Julie

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #819 on: January 13, 2021, 05:54:52 PM »

Yes!  Whereabouts are you?

Good old Rocky Mountain high Colorado.

I was actually horrified to find out it was here, but what can you do? 2020, haha.

~*Dee*~

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #820 on: January 13, 2021, 05:58:41 PM »

I'm glad it made you feel a little better.  She has definitely been through it and come out the other side, thankfully.  I hope you will too.

Thanks. Smiley In general, I'm glad more people are talking about issues with fertility/conception/et al. And I'm glad she made it through and got to have this special surprise after everything. Smiley

~*Dee*~

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #821 on: January 13, 2021, 07:54:56 PM »

I agree.  More people have dealt with it than we realize because they don't talk about it.  I appreciate how open Lauren and Nick have been.  Kristin and Kevin have also talked about their issues with infertility.

~Julie

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #822 on: January 13, 2021, 08:08:46 PM »

It was nice getting that great news from the Carterís. You do have to wonder if he did time it out this way. I am glad they have been so open about their issues. Iím sorry if youíve had to go through something like that too, Dee.

I have also enjoyed watching Kevinís tweets today. Iím sure they all have known about his political beliefs and how into them he is long before any of us became aware. I bet Kevin was annoyed that he decided to make them so public though. Thankfully theyíve been pretty quiet since the Parler debacle. Letís hope none of them were at the coup!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #823 on: January 13, 2021, 09:18:33 PM »

I agree.  More people have dealt with it than we realize because they don't talk about it.  I appreciate how open Lauren and Nick have been.  Kristin and Kevin have also talked about their issues with infertility.

It was nice getting that great news from the Carterís. You do have to wonder if he did time it out this way. I am glad they have been so open about their issues. Iím sorry if youíve had to go through something like that too, Dee.

I have also enjoyed watching Kevinís tweets today. Iím sure they all have known about his political beliefs and how into them he is long before any of us became aware. I bet Kevin was annoyed that he decided to make them so public though. Thankfully theyíve been pretty quiet since the Parler debacle. Letís hope none of them were at the coup!

I hope more of these types of things become less stigmatized. Like, let's have more conversations about racial equality and fertility issues and gender equality and make things like over zealous politics become more stigmatized.

Thanks for the support y'all. While there's a history of miscarriage on both sides of our family, it's so far just a lot of lack of success and feels like something, but end up being falsified hopes (feels like the best wording). There's still lots of time.

Yo, a stewing Kevin is a grumpy Kevin, haha. He'll fly to Atlanta soon and knock some sense into Brian the good old fashioned Kentuckian way.  Wink Also if Nick's become clairvoyant in addition to everything else he's got going on, I feel like there's a whole new fanfic there. You can also blame him for my distracting reappearance, so I guess he works in mysterious ways... *shrug*

Back on to Backstreet News!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 09:23:26 PM by nicksgal » Logged

~*Dee*~

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #824 on: January 14, 2021, 03:28:27 AM »

Great news for Nick and Lauren, I knew it was going to be another baby, I even suggested twins but was wrong about that lol.

Yes, maybe the timing was to distract attention from Brian for a while.

Julie, you are so right about all those fans who will be snapping up the meet and greets after declaring they are no longer fans.  Makes me laugh how hypocrital some people can be.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 59
Print
Jump to: