Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: Quarantine check in  (Read 86937 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: Quarantine check in
« Reply #195 on: May 25, 2020, 06:06:35 PM »

I've not bought much since lockdown, apart from essentials and a couple of new tops online.  My husband however has decided to learn to play the guitar! So he's bought all the equipment and is constantly on YouTube learning.

That's pretty cool!
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #196 on: May 27, 2020, 03:21:34 PM »

In case you haven't seen, they announced the new North American tour dates!  https://www.backstreetboys.com/news/299193  My three are the same weekend as originally scheduled, just a year later, which I couldn't be happier about!  I was hoping they'd stay in the summer, even if it means waiting longer, so I wouldn't have to worry about missing work or being super tired traveling to and from shows on school nights, since they're all about a 3 hour drive from where I live.  Plus, Rose was planning to fly out to go to three in a row with me, and now she still can!  I hope the new dates work for everyone else too.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 03:24:18 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #197 on: May 27, 2020, 04:24:16 PM »

Mine will be in July now instead of September. Hopefully it’ll work.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #198 on: May 27, 2020, 04:28:39 PM »

I hope so!  At least you don't have to wait as long as if it was September of next year.  I like that they're starting in early June instead of July.
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #199 on: May 28, 2020, 04:30:30 AM »

That's great news that they were able to reschedule and the dates are all suitable for you :)

I had an email yesterday to say I'll be getting a refund for Phantom of the Opera as it's been cancelled :(  The show is not until December! But I suppose the tour of it starts way before then, so they have to cancel the whole thing.  Disappointing for everyone though.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #200 on: May 28, 2020, 08:16:08 AM »

Aww I’m sorry Steph, that stinks!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #201 on: May 28, 2020, 11:50:34 AM »

Oh no, that is disappointing!  This whole year has been one disappointment after another.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #202 on: May 29, 2020, 03:45:38 AM »

Awww!

Yeah this year has been a downer.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #203 on: May 29, 2020, 09:53:57 AM »

Seems the rest of the UK are easing restrictions a lot more than they are here.  It was announced today that from Monday we can meet up with one other household outside, but still can't travel anywhere, and no other shops are opening yet.  We are way behind England who can drive wherever they want in England. 

How is the lockdown easing going where you live?

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #204 on: May 29, 2020, 11:23:41 AM »

Me I cannot leave the house at all because of my degenerative illness I am too much at risk to have it if I leave the house.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #205 on: May 29, 2020, 01:11:28 PM »

We entered "Phase 3" of my state's reopening plan as of today, which means restaurants are open for outdoor-only seating, many stores and attractions like zoos are re-opening at limited capacity with masks required, and gatherings of up to 10 people are allowed.  If things go well and we don't see a spike in new cases, we can move to the next phase at the end of June, which would allow schools to reopen in August... but they warned us that we could also go back to "Phase 2" if things worsen.  So we'll see.  There are still people complaining about having to wear masks and threatening to travel to neighboring states with fewer restrictions - like Missouri, which made the news last weekend for all the people partying at Lake of the Ozarks, completely ignoring the fact that we're in the midst of a pandemic.  I'm curious to see what their cases look like in the next two weeks.

It doesn't seem fair that Wales is so far behind the other parts of the UK when you have fewer cases, Steph.  It seems like it's still a lot stricter over there than it is here, and my state is one of the stricter ones because of the high number of cases in the Chicago area.  But now that school's out for the summer and my concerts have been rescheduled, I'm okay with us being behind so we can watch what happens in the other areas that have already reopened and hopefully not make the same mistakes.  And if there aren't big spikes in places that reopened early, great!  That would be a good sign.

Rose, I saw a commercial for Vegas tourism last night, advertising a different but more intimate Vegas experience.  I took that as a good sign too.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #206 on: May 30, 2020, 01:22:27 AM »

Yeah Vegas' new focus is to try and cox people back but make them feel safe.

Phase 2 just began today but protests sparked so that might hurt the new phase since I have a feeling cases might spike as a result. So far, we're still doing good. Testing went up so our numbers did too but not an extreme amount. The crown prince of Abu Dahbi had to donate tests cause we couldn't get them from Trump lol.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #207 on: June 01, 2020, 04:02:03 AM »

Trump wouldn't supply tests? That is awful.

We have our own idiot in charge of the UK though

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #208 on: June 01, 2020, 09:46:26 PM »

It figures, just when retailers start to open back up, everything is closing early because of all the rioting and looting going on.  I support the protests, but I hate to hear about more violence and vandalism... and also hate how those acts are being blamed on the Black Lives Matter movement when the actual protests against police brutality have been mostly peaceful and lawful.

It did make me laugh a little to see a report in our local news this morning that the local zoo was broken into last night, and someone released two donkeys, then returned them safely.  Of all the random things to do - free the donkeys? LOL WTF?  Glad no animals were harmed.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 09:50:10 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #209 on: June 01, 2020, 10:41:29 PM »

My favorite looting report was the woman who stole a whole cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory and was walking down the street with it. I guess she’s my evil spirit animal lol
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23