Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Quarantine check in  (Read 86946 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Quarantine check in
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2020, 09:28:07 PM »

That's nice that your show is later in the tour.  Even if they had to reschedule some dates, they may not have to reschedule all.  Mine are at the very end of July, beginning of August, which is perfect for me as a teacher because I'll still be on summer break, so I'm really hoping those stay as is.  But of course I will understand if they end up having to cancel or reschedule.  Safety first - especially the Boys' own safety!  With as many fans as they meet and handshakes and hugs as they give, we don't want to risk them being exposed.  We must protect them at all costs!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2020, 09:42:59 PM »

Yes safety and health first! I think about Brian a lot!

I hope for you that you are gonna be able to return to teach soon.
Here I don’t think school gonna be back until september.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2020, 01:56:38 PM »

Even our Prime Minister has the virus now!

Wales isn't hit as bad as England yet, London and that surrounding area seems to be worst.  There has been one death at the hospital in my town so far.  They aren't testing here either unless you are admitted to hospital with it.  I think one of my work colleagues has had it, he went off sick just before we started working from home and had all the symptoms, luckily he is ok now though.

I saw about the boys doing a show and wondered how they will do it, I hope someone can upload it somewhere so I can see it too.

Anyone watching any celebs isolation videos? I've been watching Gary Barlow doing duets with other singers via facetime or whatever they use. He did a good one with JC Chasez and others are good too.  Madonna however is just cringeworthy lol

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2020, 04:57:14 PM »

Here my favorite group in Quebec give almost each night a show live from their homes!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2020, 09:33:37 PM »

It’s a nice distraction to watch some of those videos. I admit I haven’t really watched many of them though. I’ve only watched the What the World Needs Now one from Berklee. Then my friend Andrea started a group called song of the day where a lot of people we went to school with are posting songs and the profits are going to help Vegas musicians. After the Berklee video on our alumni page we were thinking about answering with our own song but they decided to do the song of the day instead.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2020, 11:38:05 PM »

I haven't watched too many celeb videos.  I did subscribe to the Instagram of celebrities reading picture books, the one AJ, Nick, and Howie did.  That was cute.  I wish Brian and Kevin would have participated too.

I saw that about your PM, Steph.  I wish our president would get it...
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2020, 07:32:41 AM »

Not to turn political but I think the only way Trump will take this seriously is if his ass gets it. Not even someone from his family. He only cares about himself, although I think if he did get it, he wouldn’t tell anyone because it would make him appear weak. If anyone has read “The Institute” I hope there’s a huge circle of kid psychics saying his name over and over again.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2020, 02:48:44 PM »

I agree, Mare - and I could totally see him trying to hide it if he did get it.
~Julie

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2020, 09:10:35 PM »

it’s me or Brian look very sad in the video of living room concert?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2020, 07:49:09 AM »

I thought he looked happy.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2020, 10:20:16 AM »

I don't think he looked sad.  And, relatively speaking, he sounded great!  I don't know that he's ever going to get back to the way he used to be able to sing, but he has come a long way from how he sounded 10 years ago.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2020, 10:23:26 AM »

Speaking of the living room concert, I love how Nick's looked like a professional quality music video, while the others were all more what I would expect from a living room concert.  Oh Nick LOL.  Kevin's kids were so cute, and I loved Brian in his PJ bottoms.  It was perfect!

It's funny how people outside the fandom are talking about how impressive it was that they were able to sound that good being in five different places, but I would expect nothing less of them.  Since it wasn't live, all they really had to do was sing their part along with the music.  As many times as they've performed that song, they should be able to do that even without the other four around.  But I'm glad to see them getting the respect they deserve.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 10:26:21 AM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2020, 05:54:55 AM »

Catching up. The short version is my life has gone full blown crazy. I manage the front end of a Target so we're considered essential. When the crazy first blew up I ended up working 60 hours that week. Which is insane. Now I'm down to about 45ish hours which still isn't normal (I usually just do a solid 40) but closer to normal LOL. I'm tired and I'm being very careful since I take care of my dad and he's 73.

Ironically this has helped drive me back to fanfic as stress tends to do with me LOL.

Speaking of the living room concert, I love how Nick's looked like a professional quality music video, while the others were all more what I would expect from a living room concert.  Oh Nick LOL.  Kevin's kids were so cute, and I loved Brian in his PJ bottoms.  It was perfect!

It's funny how people outside the fandom are talking about how impressive it was that they were able to sound that good being in five different places, but I would expect nothing less of them.  Since it wasn't live, all they really had to do was sing their part along with the music.  As many times as they've performed that song, they should be able to do that even without the other four around.  But I'm glad to see them getting the respect they deserve.  ;D

I loved the performance! Nick's amused me because the Vegas weather has been perfect for that sort of thing so of course he films it in his backyard by his perfect pool lmao. Kevin and his boys totally stole the show though. I do think it's hilarious that the producers thought the Boys sounded TOO GOOD synched up together. They've done the song for over twenty years now.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2020, 06:23:33 AM »

It’s funny because while we were watching, my sister insisted they were lip syncing and I kept telling her she was wrong. It was very fulfilling to share that article with her lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2020, 09:53:26 AM »

I can see why people thought Nick in particular was lip syncing because he sounded perfect, almost like the recording... but Nick is just that good!  Judging by the quality of his videography, I'm also guessing he did several takes and sent in the best ones LOL.  They all sounded great; it was just easier to tell that the other four were singing live.
~Julie

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23