Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: Quarantine check in  (Read 86917 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Quarantine check in
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2020, 09:59:04 PM »

Sims has been my distraction this week lol

Mine has been Trivia Crack 2
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2020, 10:05:42 PM »

Me is the game supercity

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2020, 09:25:25 PM »

I thought about getting back into The Sims, but then I probably wouldn't get anything else done LOL.  I used to play that game for hours without even realizing how much time had passed.

Though when my friends outside the fandom ask how I've been spending my time, I should probably just say I've playing The Sims.  That's basically the same as writing fanfic, right?  You create characters and then mess up your lives... and if you're like me, you torture and kill them for fun LOL.  My favorite method was creating a tiny, enclosed room, putting a fireworks launcher inside, and then removing the door before making my Sim light it.  I was virtual pyromaniac.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2020, 09:27:15 PM »

Mine has been Trivia Crack 2

I just downloaded that last night during virtual happy hour LOL.  I haven't played it yet though.  I was into the original Trivia Crack for awhile when it was super popular.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2020, 09:30:18 PM »

I just downloaded that last night during virtual happy hour LOL.  I haven't played it yet though.  I was into the original Trivia Crack for awhile when it was super popular.

You should look for me on there to play a game lol
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 03:22:01 AM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2020, 09:33:38 PM »

So Illinois officially cancelled school for the rest of the year.  It's sad to think I won't be going back until (hopefully) August and probably won't see my students in person until they're fifth-graders.  There are certain aspects of online learning that I enjoy - mainly the fact that I can stay in my pajamas and drink coffee, eat breakfast, and use the bathroom whenever I want to - but otherwise it's all the worst parts of teaching, like planning and constantly communicating with parents, without any of the fun parts.

These kids are missing out on so many fun experiences that happen near the end of the school year that just can't be replicated virtually, and that makes me sad.  At least mine will have two more years at our school, so unless they move over the summer, we'll see each other again next year.  But I feel for the kids who are graduating or moving on to another school next year and may not see their teachers or classmates again.
~Julie

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2020, 01:11:26 AM »

Here in Quebec I don’t think the school gonna open until next year because we have almost 20 thousand cases.
I’m gonna have my birthday in total lockdown and it’s suck a lot!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2020, 03:28:10 AM »

So Illinois officially cancelled school for the rest of the year.  It's sad to think I won't be going back until (hopefully) August and probably won't see my students in person until they're fifth-graders.  There are certain aspects of online learning that I enjoy - mainly the fact that I can stay in my pajamas and drink coffee, eat breakfast, and use the bathroom whenever I want to - but otherwise it's all the worst parts of teaching, like planning and constantly communicating with parents, without any of the fun parts.

These kids are missing out on so many fun experiences that happen near the end of the school year that just can't be replicated virtually, and that makes me sad.  At least mine will have two more years at our school, so unless they move over the summer, we'll see each other again next year.  But I feel for the kids who are graduating or moving on to another school next year and may not see their teachers or classmates again.

That’s unfortunate. I saw that announcement on the news and thought of you. I’m glad I haven’t had to deal with online teaching, but at least it’s a way to still connect with your kids. I really feel bad for the seniors. I know back in Bethlehem, they are thinking of doing a drive thru ceremony. Pre taping speeches by the valedictorian and principal and then doing a slide show of the seniors at the local drive thru theater. They still haven’t made the call for Up here.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2020, 03:29:29 AM »

Here in Quebec I don’t think the school gonna open until next year because we have almost 20 thousand cases.
I’m gonna have my birthday in total lockdown and it’s suck a lot!

Sorry to hear that! Hopefully you’ll still manage it o have a nice birthday.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2020, 04:03:36 PM »

Unlocked!!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2020, 04:33:05 PM »

Thanks!!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2020, 04:56:23 PM »

Thanks for unlocking!

A drive-thru ceremony sounds like a great idea.  I know some of the high schools and colleges around here have talked about doing virtual ceremonies or rescheduling proms and graduations for later in the summer.  I guess that will depend on what things are like this summer.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2020, 06:16:43 PM »

Oops! Didn’t realize it was locked. Guess that’s what happens when you post at 3am lol sorry guys!

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2020, 06:58:29 PM »

I hope things gonna be a little bit better this summer because right now I’m not going to work this year at all

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2020, 05:39:20 AM »

I thought about getting back into The Sims, but then I probably wouldn't get anything else done LOL.  I used to play that game for hours without even realizing how much time had passed.

Though when my friends outside the fandom ask how I've been spending my time, I should probably just say I've playing The Sims.  That's basically the same as writing fanfic, right?  You create characters and then mess up your lives... and if you're like me, you torture and kill them for fun LOL.  My favorite method was creating a tiny, enclosed room, putting a fireworks launcher inside, and then removing the door before making my Sim light it.  I was virtual pyromaniac.

I sim, basically to torture them. A friend sent me links to some mods though and you can install it so your sims have to deal with a zombie apocalypse (biting and killing zombies included), a possessed child, and a serial killer mod lmao where they can come in randomly and you fight to survive. Or you can be the killer. So ya know, Sims have evolved thanks to tech savvy fans LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23