Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: Quarantine check in  (Read 86928 times)

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
Re: Quarantine check in
« Reply #210 on: June 01, 2020, 11:05:48 PM »

Hi all! I’m checking in from good ol’ Michigan.
It’s been forever since I have been on here! I forgot how much I enjoyed this little family!
We are doing ok here. Since I work in a nursing facility, my kids have been doing school from home and everything in Michigan had been insanity...my days haven’t been boring! Lol.
The past week or so I actually started writing again, just to de-stress some. I was super happy that I was able to log in to the forum since I’ve had no luck logging in to AC.
I’m glad to see that you all seem to be doing ok, for the most part!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #211 on: June 02, 2020, 12:21:09 AM »

My favorite looting report was the woman who stole a whole cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory and was walking down the street with it. I guess she’s my evil spirit animal lol

Haha!  If I were going to loot anything, cheesecake would be a good choice.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #212 on: June 02, 2020, 12:26:44 AM »

Hey, welcome back, Kristal!  Long time no see!  Thanks for being an essential worker through all this.

Writing is a good way to de-stress.  I didn't write all weekend, I was so distracted by everything else that's been happening, but I finally forced myself to sit down and try tonight, and I feel so much better.  I know we need to pay attention to what's going on in the world, but it's nice to turn off the TV, close the social media apps, and just escape for a little while.

I hope you're able to get your AC account figured out.  There's been a lot of issues with the site the last couple of years because the platform it runs on is no longer being updated or maintained.
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #213 on: June 02, 2020, 03:46:21 AM »

Welcome back Kristal, good to see you are ok and that writing is helping you to de-stress :)

Julie, I saw on TV about the cheesecake, it even made it to our news lol.  I think if I was going to take something (not that I would of course), it would be something sweet :D

It is nice to turn the TV and social media off and try and forget all the bad stuff that's going on in the world right now.  I've enjoyed reading and listening to music instead to escape it all.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #214 on: June 02, 2020, 08:56:28 AM »

Hi Kristal! Welcome back! Sorry your having problems with the site. Like Julie said, we are working with a very old server and the spam attacks are slowly killing us.

Thanks for being an essential worker.

Last night in Buffalo someone drove a car over two Policemen.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #215 on: June 02, 2020, 09:16:22 AM »

Oh god, how awful!

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #216 on: June 02, 2020, 12:35:11 PM »

Hey Kristal! Welcome back. Glad to hear you’re doing well.

I have been writing a bit as well, just working on a fic with a couple friends for fun and writing random bits of it here and there. It’s a fun way to de-stress.

I saw that cheesecake thing too. Hilarious lmao
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #217 on: June 02, 2020, 02:12:06 PM »

Last night in Buffalo someone drove a car over two Policemen.
~Julie

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #218 on: June 02, 2020, 03:16:13 PM »

Uh oh! I tried resetting the password but I never get the email...so maybe I’ll just have to make a new account or something. Lol
Thanks for all the welcome backs! I missed you gals!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #219 on: June 03, 2020, 03:56:13 AM »

It figures, just when retailers start to open back up, everything is closing early because of all the rioting and looting going on.  I support the protests, but I hate to hear about more violence and vandalism... and also hate how those acts are being blamed on the Black Lives Matter movement when the actual protests against police brutality have been mostly peaceful and lawful.

It did make me laugh a little to see a report in our local news this morning that the local zoo was broken into last night, and someone released two donkeys, then returned them safely.  Of all the random things to do - free the donkeys? LOL WTF?  Glad no animals were harmed.

LMAO okay honestly the randomness of it makes me love whoever that person was.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #220 on: June 03, 2020, 04:02:27 AM »

Wow welcome back! Thank you for what you're doing. Essential working is so stressful.

So far my Target had to close early Sunday/Monday. Tuesday though we went on as normal. I work on the opposite end of Vegas, up towards the mountains. So so far we're low risk in terms of a protest or looting happening nearby But protocol right now is if there's multiple protests in the city then we shut all the stores in the city down early. My team gets paid for the hours they were scheduled too even if we shut down early so, there's that. It sucks though cause I'm the closing front end leader so many of my cashiers are younger and they're just scared with all this happening.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #221 on: June 15, 2020, 03:28:16 AM »

How's everyone doing?  I wasn't online much last week because I needed a break from it all, but I'm back now.  I see I didn't miss anything here.

I got my hair cut on Friday for the first time since all this started, which felt good.  Things are starting to feel more normal now that more stores and stuff are open, but at the same time, not really.  It's still weird.
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #222 on: June 15, 2020, 09:48:06 AM »

Sometimes you need a break Julie, taking time away from online stuff and news is good for you I think.

Over here non-essential shops are still closed, although garden centres, KFC and McDonalds drive through all re-opened again.  In England they re-opened today, but not sure when Wales and Scotland will open.  Hairdressers, restaurants and pubs won't open until at least July.  I trimmed my own hair as I was getting fed up of it.  Luckily as my hair is a frizzy mess, it doesn't really matter if it's wonky as you can't tell lol.

As we are now able to travel within five miles, it's been so good to be able to walk along the seafront again.  That's the one thing I really missed as I can see the sea from my house in the distance, but couldn't go there.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #223 on: June 15, 2020, 10:09:56 AM »

Things here are starting to open. This week we’re entering phase three which means indoor dining and most businesses opening but with social distancing guidelines. Of course, people aren’t following the rules. Our governor said that there have been thousands of places cited for not following social distancing and not wearing masks. He’s going to end up reversing some of these guidelines. People are so dumb. Now these people who have recovered from the virus and had been in the hospital for weeks on ventilators, are getting their hospital bills here with totals over a million dollars. Welcome to America.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #224 on: June 15, 2020, 06:30:46 PM »

Steph, are people in the UK protesting how strict the guidelines are, or do they generally accept them?  It sounds like it's much stricter there than it ever has been here, and yet people in my area are constantly complaining about their rights being violated because they can't dine in at restaurants or shop without wearing a mask.  It's so ridiculous.  I get that, for most people, it's not fun to be cooped up, and wearing masks aren't comfortable, but it's a small price to pay to prevent people from getting sick.  Of course, the ones complaining are the same people who think COVID-19 is "no big deal" or a made-up liberal media hoax.  Is that happening in other countries too, or is that just a dumb American thing?
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23