Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A thread for everything  (Read 7920 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: A thread for everything
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2020, 05:54:31 AM »

I’m sorry Steph. That really sucks! Were you still working from home? If not if you work in a different county than you live, does that mean you can’t go? This pandemic is a mess! Overall New York is doing well but we are the one place in the state that is still seeing a little rise. Schools are a mix of online and in person but some stupid parents are still sending their kids to school even after they tested positive for Covid. Just like they used to send them with a fever. Morons!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2020, 06:07:26 PM »

That sucks!

Vegas is a mess. The Strip lowered their prices to try and stay afloat right now so there's been a lot of fights and brawls downtown cause the clientele isn't great. We're slowly getting our numbers back to something somewhat managable but I'm betting they'll shoot back up cause Trump defied our Gov's covid rules and held one of his death rallies out here in Henderson. Thankfully I live/work up north on the outskirts of Vegas so I should be fine.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2020, 06:45:00 PM »

That sucks, Steph!  But hopefully this works to get cases down again.  I wish we had some proper leadership that would enact stricter measures in our country to get the cases down.  I think things are better than they were in the summer, but not by much, especially when you compare us to other countries.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2020, 01:23:09 PM »

Yes I've been working from home since March, no sign of us going back until next year.  If people work outside the county they can travel to work but thats all.  Over half the population of Wales is now in local lockdown, but I think the Welsh government is more cautious than in England as their figures are much worse.

I hope you end up with someone better than Trump in November, he's just been on the news here about not paying tax! 
Pages: 1 [2]