Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Nick on The Masked Singer  (Read 25476 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Nick on The Masked Singer
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2020, 02:42:26 AM »

I know, I feel the same way. As much as I’d love for him to go through, I have a feeling this week will be his last one. Hope I’m wrong but those girls this year are pretty amazing. Of course I’m sure the winner will be the ex girlfriend of the mailman of P Diddy’s butler or something lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2020, 06:40:12 PM »

Happy Wednesday! I hope everyone wore pink and loved our boy today! And brought their crocodile coffee cup to work, or something like that.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2020, 06:41:04 PM »

I'm excited!  And nervous!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2020, 07:16:52 PM »

Saaaaaammeeee!!! I was so worried in the Group B playoffs too because Seahorse is great and who doesn't like Elvis the singing surgeon. I figured Nick could beat him, but knew the judges liked Serpent. So it was nerve-racking. My husband made fun of me because "You and Crocodile are doing the same things with your hands during this elimination." The whole time I was like, can't Nick be in Group A (he could easily beat Popcorn and Clint/Linda Black, maybe not Sun) or Group C (they were just here to party until last week)? But then Jellyfish and Mushroom brought it last week and... So nervous. But always excited to see him on TV.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2020, 08:06:07 PM »

Head to head with Seahorse?!? I hate this... I might have a panic attack.
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2020, 08:37:05 PM »

I'm screaming! So good.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2020, 11:30:14 AM »

That was nerve-wracking!  I'm glad they got his head to head out the way first so we could enjoy the rest of the show.  So proud of him!  I think Sun is going to be his biggest competition in the finals, although I like how diverse Mushroom is.  I think Nick needs to keep changing it up and showing off both his vocal range and performance skills.  I'm excited for the holiday episode next week!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2020, 03:20:13 PM »

He did a great job! Yes, the sun will be his biggest competition even though mushroom is awesome. I feel like that’s the guy who played Hamilton’s son in the original cast.

Wouldn’t it suck if the big reveal was Bindi Irwin as the sun? Lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2020, 06:53:48 PM »

I was an anxious wreck, so I was really glad his faceoff was up first. Can you imagine waiting until last for that? I would have easily started pacing or putting my head between my knees. I was saying that Seahorse didn't do as well this week and I couldn't figure out why, especially while getting told I was being a biased jerk. I think it was song choice. But I also think that they shouldn't have gone with the faceoff format. It definitely should have been Nick, Sun, and Seahorse in the final three. As much as I like Mushroom, he was a number four in my mind.

I've enjoyed that Nick's been singing songs you wouldn't expect! Like Bon Jovi is absolutely in his wheelhouse. But then when Crocy first walked out, I turned to my husband and said, "I'm getting major Backstreet vibes, I don't know why." And he said, "It hasn't done anything besides walk out." And then the clue package started (maybe four words in) and said said "Nick?" My husband was baffled. After waffling because I second guess myself a lot in this show, I told my group chat I would give everyone $50 each if it wasn't Nick. Then doubled down the second week. Sorry, this is a slightly unrelated novel! (Or something you all already discussed.)

Anyway... It's been nice to see things out of his wheelhouse, but I enjoyed going back to his wheelhouse this week with Aerosmith. And that the judges finally started guessing any of the Boys this week. But I was also yelling at the TV when they were like, "Only Howie and AJ have kids," Brian's like the ultimate Backstreet Dad. I'm surprised Ken didn't go for it, especially with the crazy Backstreet knowledge he's brought up. I died last season when he brought up the Backstreet Project.

I'm super excited for the holiday episode! Another week like songs, no eliminations!

I would love it if Mushroom was Anthony Ramos Jr.! I'm pretty sure Sun is LeAnn Rimes. (I'll edit this if guesses aren't allowed.) I feel like there's a solid chance Sun will win, Nick will be second, and Mushroom third, but I really want Nick to win. In a normal season, I would love Croc and Sun, and be happy if either won. I'm so biased though, ha.

MARE!!!!!! It's been five years and I'm still mad about that. She and Derek should have gotten called out that their Dirty Dancing dance had no original choreography and wasn't even whatever dance they were supposed to be doing!!! I don't remember what it was supposed to be anymore, but I'm still mad about it.

End rant.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2020, 09:27:06 PM »

LOL At the Bindi Irwin thing!  That would be just his luck.  I do think Sun is a professional singer though - Leann Rimes is a great guess.  I wondered about Anthony Ramos for Mushroom the first week when there were so many Hamilton references, but that seemed too obvious for the first week clues.  I do think it could be someone from Broadway though.  I've seen people say Jordan Fisher, but I don't really know who he is beyond having heard the name.  I'm usually terrible at guessing, unless the person has a really recognizable voice, like Busta Rhymes or Wendy Williams.  And Nick, but only because we're such fans.  It's funny to me that it took until this week for them to start guessing Backstreet Boys.

I hate the format of this season.  The three groups sucked because I would forget who was who from week to week.  And I agree about the faceoffs on this past episode, even though it worked out in Nick's favor.  Seahorse was great, but I do think she picked a bad song this week.  I like Bruno Mars, but I hate that song, and it didn't suit her voice.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 09:29:24 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2020, 10:16:25 PM »

One of my friends is convinced Mushroom is Jordan Fisher and I also am not quite sure who that is. I thought Aaron Tviet for a while, but I'm not totally sure anymore (and by that I mean it's probably not Aaron Tviet, but I don't have a better guess.)

I've gotten three or four of them right ever, besides Nick (and as I said, I second guessed myself like crazy). Joey Fatone took me weeks, but I figured it out the week before his elimination, Donny Osmond also took me until the week he was eliminated, I figured out Gronk right away, and JoJo Siwa. I've been yelling at the TV since the first week, "You've been guessing Backstreet Boys the whole show at people who are clearly not them! Are you avoiding guessing on purpose to make it less obvious?!"

I never liked the brackets, just because by the time you finally saw people from the first bracket again, I felt like I'd forgotten what they sounded like. That was the best part about the first season. Half and half, then they mixed it up every couple of weeks, so I felt like I remembered everyone. I think the terrible aspects of the bracket format were painfully exacerbated this season because of the World Series in the middle of it. Like in this format they absolutely should have introduced A Group them B Group then C Group before going back for second eliminations or done all A Group then all B Group then all C Group, but then B would have gotten split by the World Series and I would have been angry at the World Series for interrupting Nick when I was actually equally interested in it. There was no way to win there. They could milk this show for so long, I'm not sure why they decided to do faceoffs for the final six anyway. I would be perfectly happy watching it for another month and I think several other people would too. Truthfully, I'm surprised they aren't using it as a lead in for Masked Dancer just to ensure people watch it. Because I definitely watched Ken's other show because it was on right afterward, there was nothing else on TV, and I thought "why not?" And then I've kept watching it to figure out why these terrible singers would do this to themselves on national television... Also there's still nothing on TV.
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2020, 05:16:40 AM »

I only started watching Masked Singer regularly last season so I missed out on the way they used to format the show. I found the way they did it this year, confusing because I did have trouble remembering who I thought was who from week to week. I’m not sure why they did the triple elimination thing either. Seems like with the lack of new programming they should have kept it going for as long as possible. It probably has to do with the judges schedules but if they changed them I’d be happy. I really dislike them all minus Robin. I spend most of my time wondering if Jenny and Nicole have any outfits that actually cover their boobs than I do watching the actual singers and I fast forward through Ken completely lol gotta love DVR technology.

Mersey said the Korean version of the show pretty much is a constant thing. It’s always only one person against another and the winner comes back the next week until they are defeated by someone else. She said if someone gets ten wins in a row they are finally revealed and then two new people go. It sounds more like the traditional game show we have here, like wheel of fortune etc... most likely it’s only a thirty minute show.

I am terrible at guessing who is who and like I’ve said in here several times, I almost never know who these people are when they are revealed so instead of chanting take it off, I say I hope I know you! I had no clue who Tori Kelly or Chloe Kim were lol I guess I’m very out of touch with pop culture these days

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2020, 08:22:46 PM »

I've been obsessed from the beginning! That first episode when Donny Osmond belts out "This is the Greatest Show" in a peacock costume when no one really knew what to expect? I thought: YES! This is the greatest show!

They've had the brackets since the second season. I think a lot of celebrities turned them down the first season because they thought it would be a mess. I remember Wayne Brady saying that specifically.

I'm alright with Robin. I think they should replace one of them with Joel McHale permanently and it would be fun if the winner from last season was a full time panelist for the next one. Just mix it up a bit. I love probably 80% of Jenny's outfits and wonder if I could pull them off, haha. But you're right, they're all pretty boob-tastic!

I wonder if that's a hard schedule for the stars on the Korean version. Are they live? I haven't looked into it much. But I bet Nick could run a ten episode gauntlet.

I recognize 99% of the people once the masks are off, but I'm basically the Ken in my other chat. Just throwing out random guesses.
~*Dee*~

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2020, 07:43:50 AM »

Don't remind me about Bindi lol.

So I only know if it's someone I listen to a lot or someone I used to as a kid. Joey took me a few weeks. So did Bow Wow last season. Jesse McCartney I knew INSTANTLY last season as he's my guilty pleasure. Wayne Brady too cause I used to be obsessed with Whose Line lol.

Seahorse picked a bad time to go outside the wheelhouse. Nick did it when he had weaker competition still and I think showing off his range was a smart move as he's a fan fave now. Because no one's been that diverse right off. Seahorse I think got nervous and tried to one up him and instead showed her weaknesses. She had a great voice though. She should be in there with him and Sun and Mushroom should've gone home. Bad format.

Sun is definitely LeAnn Rimes, one of the few country singers I like. I'd be rooting for her if Nick wasn't on this season lol. Love that this week there's no elimination. No stress!
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2020, 06:01:35 PM »

I mostly consider judge guesses and think, "Ooh that is a good guess." Like Paul Anka was one of those. "Canadian" was the best part of my week. I laughed so hard.

Oh Whose Line. Now that people are watching it on HBO Max again, I've gotten the Arctic Tern sent to me so many times. Almost as much as the Brooklyn 99 open.

I think I would have liked it more if they had a face off between the triple eliminations and kept one of them. It's more fun when they fight for it. And same, I would for sure be Team Sun without Nick but I am so biased, it's not even funny. I'm so glad for the lack of stress this week. Now all I have to worry about is what stupid pun I'm going to send the group chat. I'm leaning toward "Christmas Songs, ALRIGHT!" this week, but I just broke down and bought the "As Long As Yule Love Me" shirt because I have a problem... So maybe I'll borrow that pun.
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6