Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hi, room for an old jerk here?  (Read 12136 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Hi, room for an old jerk here?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2020, 10:11:43 PM »

LOL Yeah, I don't wanna talk school anymore!  This is my escape from school.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2020, 10:21:00 PM »

You're right. Let's shove work to the side. I just get excited hearing how my fellow teachers are faring out there in the world. I'd had a thought on a writing related discussion, but saw you had posted to your update thread and wanted to make sure it got the appropriate attention.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2020, 05:22:00 AM »

I stopped teaching due to health reasons before the pandemic and I can’t help feeling relieved that I got out just in time because I’m not sure how I would’ve managed to teach music while all this was happening. My fellow music teachers all say it’s been a living hell.

Glad it’s worked out for both of you so far. Fingers crossed that this won’t be the new normal.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2020, 10:42:14 AM »

Hopefully if they're able to get the vaccine distributed during the first half of next year, the next school year will be more normal.  You definitely got out at the right time, Mare.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2020, 07:55:17 PM »

Yes, you for sure got out at the right time! All the specials teachers I know hate it so much. Only one of the schools I have kids from does any sort of live specials instruction and I don't think music is one of them. I hope your health is well!

I've also hopeful that the vaccines get rolled out soon. Mostly for the end of the pandemic, but also because my DNA tickets are burning a hole in my desk, haha. And I miss college football in person and we're 4-0 in a year I can't go!
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2020, 07:53:15 AM »

I'm doing okay. Managed to stay safe and covid free so far so that's an accomplishment . Working as a manager at a Target, taking care of my dad and writing and blogging on my free time lol. Its slowed down over the past few years but I get these random bursts of inspiration or ideas. One for a fic I've got slowly going, I was with Julie at a museum in Chicago the day after our BSB show last year lmao. I told her I had a random idea...and in typical fashion she encouraged it. So some things never change.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2020, 07:55:42 AM »

Yes, you for sure got out at the right time! All the specials teachers I know hate it so much. Only one of the schools I have kids from does any sort of live specials instruction and I don't think music is one of them. I hope your health is well!

I've also hopeful that the vaccines get rolled out soon. Mostly for the end of the pandemic, but also because my DNA tickets are burning a hole in my desk, haha. And I miss college football in person and we're 4-0 in a year I can't go!

My state released the rollout plan for the vaccine and I'm in Group 2 as an essential worker. Group one is obviously medical workers, pharmacists and police. Suits me fine lol.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2020, 06:00:33 PM »

Hello there! Nice to see you around. Hope you're doing well.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2020, 06:12:59 PM »

I think being COVID free is an accomplishment for us all. That stuff is scary. I hope your dad's been okay and healthy too. How's Target going in all this? Is it still extra crazy this time of year? I remember it being ridiculous November through January when I worked there way back when.

If Julie hadn't encouraged it, the bunnies would have kept gnawing at you! So I'm glad she did. Also I love that y'all are going to shows together! It's been lonely on BSB island by myself, I've just been dragging one of my friends who is happy going, but just not as excited. However she moved out of state, so I'm like now who?

I don't think they've released the roll out plan yet here, but if it's like that I think I'd be a group two as well, essential but not front line.
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2020, 06:14:26 PM »

Hello there! Nice to see you around. Hope you're doing well.

Thanks FrickingKaos! I'm doing pretty well. Hope you are too! Nice to meet and/or see you again. (I'm not sure we chatted the last time I was around.)
~*Dee*~

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2020, 07:28:27 PM »

I think being COVID free is an accomplishment for us all. That stuff is scary. I hope your dad's been okay and healthy too. How's Target going in all this? Is it still extra crazy this time of year? I remember it being ridiculous November through January when I worked there way back when.

If Julie hadn't encouraged it, the bunnies would have kept gnawing at you! So I'm glad she did. Also I love that y'all are going to shows together! It's been lonely on BSB island by myself, I've just been dragging one of my friends who is happy going, but just not as excited. However she moved out of state, so I'm like now who?

I don't think they've released the roll out plan yet here, but if it's like that I think I'd be a group two as well, essential but not front line.

I actually travel for shows now. I'm no longer a lazy fan lol. So usually now if there's a tour she comes to me or i go to her. Though when the residency was in Vegas I got SO damn spoiled. Having BSB 20 minutes from your house leads to bad/good life choices. I've discovered fans who live here too so that also helps.

Praying things work out next year cause I have a lot of tickets I'd like to actually use lol.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2020, 08:19:12 PM »

Oh man! The only thing I traveled for was the residency and I definitely did think "I wonder if Rose is here. Or how many times she's gone." I did last minute try to go to the In A World Like This tour in Vegas after I decided to visit a friend there last minute, but she'd just found out she was pregnant, so didn't want to be out and/or standing on her feet for that long. I randomly ended up at their after party after the residency, so I would call all choices good.

I think my only regret is that I got paper tickets, haha. I'm like if they keep changing these dates...
~*Dee*~

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2020, 12:09:11 AM »

Oh man! The only thing I traveled for was the residency and I definitely did think "I wonder if Rose is here. Or how many times she's gone." I did last minute try to go to the In A World Like This tour in Vegas after I decided to visit a friend there last minute, but she'd just found out she was pregnant, so didn't want to be out and/or standing on her feet for that long. I randomly ended up at their after party after the residency, so I would call all choices good.

I think my only regret is that I got paper tickets, haha. I'm like if they keep changing these dates...

I wish I'd known lol. I would've met up.

Um...I went, I think it was 18 times altogether between 2017 and 2019 lmao. Something like that.. Like it became such a thing. Especially with so many knowing I live here so then they'd want me to go. So I did lol.

I think one of the cooler times I had during the residency was VIP at an after party. Cause they'd come hang out at the tables and take selfies. Nick showed me photos on his phone for the album photoshoot in like Feb of 2018. And I had a full convos with Brian and Howie at a different after party. One night at Planet Hollywood a group of us ran into AJ by the slots and he hung out with us till fans started mobbing him. He was giving us spoilers about the DNA tour and everything. This was the last month of the residency lol.

But touring is fun cause then I go see new places.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2020, 09:25:21 AM »

Thanks FrickingKaos! I'm doing pretty well. Hope you are too! Nice to meet and/or see you again. (I'm not sure we chatted the last time I was around.)

I don't know if you remember me, but my name used to be DelphinaCarter on here before I changed it. But I do remember you and it's nice to see you back. :)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2020, 06:50:18 PM »

I wish I'd known lol. I would've met up.

Um...I went, I think it was 18 times altogether between 2017 and 2019 lmao. Something like that.. Like it became such a thing. Especially with so many knowing I live here so then they'd want me to go. So I did lol.

I think one of the cooler times I had during the residency was VIP at an after party. Cause they'd come hang out at the tables and take selfies. Nick showed me photos on his phone for the album photoshoot in like Feb of 2018. And I had a full convos with Brian and Howie at a different after party. One night at Planet Hollywood a group of us ran into AJ by the slots and he hung out with us till fans started mobbing him. He was giving us spoilers about the DNA tour and everything. This was the last month of the residency lol.

But touring is fun cause then I go see new places.

Oh man, next time for sure! 18 times? Jealous. I think that's the same type of thing I ended up at randomly, but they were very particular about who could sit at the tables (now I'll just pay to be a table person next time). I did get to chat with Howie and Kevin for a hot second though and that was probably in my greatest moments until Howie liked my pumpkin on Instagram.

You're like a legend at this point. When are you getting invited to the beach house? ;)

I contemplated going to their Hawaii chunk. I travel a lot with my husband anyway, so I'm down to maybe 15-20 states left to visit (and they're all far northeast or deep south at this point.) A friend suggested we do something crazy after all this, like go to Australia. So maybe that's the way to do it, ha.
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 [2] 3