Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 50

Author Topic: The Writing Thread  (Read 146275 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: The Writing Thread
« Reply #135 on: January 04, 2021, 12:13:16 AM »

Oh 00Carter was a huge favorite of mine too. I need to reread that I e as well. I should make a list. Lol. Someone today was asking me on Twitter for some fanfiction recommendation s. I sent her a bunch.

Thank you for being our only loyal reader!  :bighug:
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #136 on: January 04, 2021, 12:14:30 AM »

I see that our ability to see into the future had dwindled over time, haha. And/or my ability to connect the past with dates.

I'm thinking end of March or June would work out with my school schedule. If we did Camp NaNo in July, wouldn't want to plan too much that interrupts anyone's project for that.

Of course Rose would need to be involved. I'm mostly trying to say her name or allude to her as much as possible to summon her. And everyone else too. Like Biggie Smalls.

Summer would be the perfect time for a 00Carter revival!

I tweeted Rose that we were talking about 00Carter here.  She just said she's going to pop in.  It'll probably take her some time to catch up on all our chatter!
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #137 on: January 04, 2021, 12:28:36 AM »

Yes, I did read the original Pandora's Box ages ago. I absolutely love that story so very much. I haven't read it since you have updated it with the new stuff, I must do a reread.

At this point, I would say if you remember the plot of PBox enough for PNecklace to be fully enjoyable without you going "huh?" then don't reread it until I've finished editing it. I'd hate for you to schedule a reread, get sucked in, and crash into the unedited chapters, then have to schedule a second reread at some point. Especially since I know you'd like to reread. If I knew other people were rereading it, I would tell them the same thing. Although I've noticed its little hit counter went up 1,000 since I came back and PNecklace is almost at 100, so that's fun.

Oh 00Carter was a huge favorite of mine too. I need to reread that I e as well. I should make a list. Lol. Someone today was asking me on Twitter for some fanfiction recommendation s. I sent her a bunch.

When you finish that list, post it in The Reading Thread for me, thanks. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #138 on: January 04, 2021, 12:30:08 AM »

Thank you for being our only loyal reader!  :bighug:

I echo this. Yes, thank you. It's good to know readers are still out there too and especially ones who read on top of writing. I'm being a halfer right now, sorry y'all.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #139 on: January 04, 2021, 12:32:59 AM »

Summer would be the perfect time for a 00Carter revival!

I tweeted Rose that we were talking about 00Carter here.  She just said she's going to pop in.  It'll probably take her some time to catch up on all our chatter!

I'm basing it on the fact that I know your schedule is about the same as mine, haha.

Oh man, if only I could still be an insomniac like in the old days. Alas, trying to get back to a semi-regular sleeping schedule for work.

Also, y'all and Twitter, am I missing out? I try to avoid social media as much as possible and enjoy my twitter from "these are funny tweets" lists.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #140 on: January 04, 2021, 12:42:42 AM »

I'm @RokofAges75, Rose is @ForeverRebel, Tracy is @FrickingKaos, and Mare is @bitybella if you have a Twitter and want to follow us.  Twitter is really the only social media I still post on; I mostly just lurk everywhere else.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2021, 12:46:20 AM »

You would be the third, fourth, fifth, and sixth people I ever followed, haha. Of all the social medias, I'm probably team Instagram.
~*Dee*~

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #142 on: January 04, 2021, 09:27:31 AM »

You know, I think that has something to do with it and the fact that someone once said you were "she likes to chop people" instead of just "she writes Broken/BMS," haha. So in my head, it's always more intense chopping, even though, again, I know it's not.

I love that it's called "1000 Ways to Kill Nick Carter" and there's only 70 of them. At this point, might "100 Ways" be more achievable? haha Is a way included that I've done that isn't there already? Because coming up with a whole new way sounds like a challenge...

You're right on that which was part of my "oh well" with it at the time, like Star Wars is basically samurais in space. I think publishing though, there's too many similarities that I would feel bad doing that to one of my favorite manga artists, and worse yet on the whole copyright infringement biz. Poor PBox, I'd feel so sad if I got sued over it, especially having read it now and knowing that it has the potential to be an issue.

Yeah, but a blond haired blue eyed Nickolas in a boy band would be a dead giveaway, I think, even without running around with AJ, Brian, Kevin, and Howie. Especially if he had luscious locks of 90's hair.

My MOH said at my bridal shower, "The universe works in mysterious ways. If you really wanted to marry Nick Carter, you should have stopped being on a first name basis with him and been more specific." haha

LMAO so I mean as much as we torture Nick, it was inevitable I ended up thinking we should create a story where he dies in every chapter.

God I love rereading these 00Carter memories. That story isn't perfect but I'm still proud of how we made a LOT of random off the wall ideas come together and make sense LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #143 on: January 04, 2021, 09:30:45 AM »

Oh, it would take no shenanigans whatsoever to bring me back to either story.  1000 Ways is my go to when I'm between stories, haven't written in awhile, and need something dumb to get me writing again.  It's all just separate one-shots tied together by the basic premise that Nick has to die in every one, usually in some ridiculous way, so that one can go on forever.  And I would come back to 00Carter any time others were willing to come back too.  Rose and I have talked about it, but haven't acted on it yet.  She's more into blogging than fanfic these days, and I've been wrapped up in writing other stories.  But I definitely don't consider it discontinued, not from my end.

In my heart 00Carter has never died.

Honestly...I've opened the notes more than once last year. But I didn't want to write it alone LOL.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #144 on: January 04, 2021, 09:32:07 AM »

You would be the third, fourth, fifth, and sixth people I ever followed, haha. Of all the social medias, I'm probably team Instagram.

Team Twitter forever but I do have an IG, it's zombierainbowr ose.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #145 on: January 04, 2021, 09:33:58 AM »

Yeah, it was a disaster.  I talked my original co-writer into revising it because I thought we could make it so much better than the original version, but she bailed on me shortly after we started.  So I recruited more co-writers to help me finish, and we basically wasted all our motivation on rewriting what was already there and then ran out of steam before we got around to continuing the story from that point.  This was my first time learning that huge collaborations don't last long, a lesson I would learn again with 00Carter LOL.  It might work out better if I was trying to revise one of my own stories by myself, but I just don't have the motivation.  If I ever did, it would be with one of my very old stories that had a good idea but poor execution.  I don't think I would ever try it with something like Broken that has flaws, but was well-liked by readers.  It would feel too much like George Lucas constantly going back and changing the original Star Wars trilogy.  Just leave it alone!  (I am not comparing Broken to Star Wars by any means. That is just the first example that came to mind of a writer taking something that people liked and messing with it much later.)

What I've found myself sort of unintentionall y doing instead is taking ideas from my very old stories and writing new stories that take that basic idea and twist it into something totally different.  That has been more fun for me because I can explore some of the same topics that interested me back then, but write about them with more depth and maturity than I could have as a teenager.

That whole thing sounds like an exercise in torture to me! LOL  This is why I will never publish a novel unless I self-publish it because I can never see myself committing to that level of editing.

Mare, how much editing did you have to do with Mel's Tree, and what was that like?

I have written several sex scenes, and I think I laughed through every one.  Especially the slashy ones!  So much giggling.  And they're probably all terrible!  But I tried LOL.

You know, Code Blue originally got us talking and writing together even though we didn't fully come together till 00Carter so even though it didn't have the best of endings, I'm happy with it LOL. I miss collaborating, honestly. It kept me in check and made it easier to not lose inspiration.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #146 on: January 04, 2021, 09:37:32 AM »

I have like six posts in a row and do not care LOL. I sleep on a different schedule then everyone as always haha. I planned on writing today and tomorrow. What? No idea. Could be fic, could be blogging, but this thread makes me want to go look at my 00Carter notes again. It's funny cause I did a fan's BSB podcast episode and she asked about me and fanfic, and I made sure to mention 00Carter cause it's seriously one of my favorite ideas. We all encouraged each other's crazy with it, and I do love crazy LOL.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2021, 12:16:58 PM »

In my heart 00Carter has never died.

Honestly...I've opened the notes more than once last year. But I didn't want to write it alone LOL.

I'm here for it!  I know we've kinda talked about it but didn't jump right back on board, but I'm in.  It's never died for me either.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2021, 12:18:21 PM »

You know, Code Blue originally got us talking and writing together even though we didn't fully come together till 00Carter so even though it didn't have the best of endings, I'm happy with it LOL. I miss collaborating, honestly. It kept me in check and made it easier to not lose inspiration.

I still have fond memories of Code Blue too.  I don't have any inspiration to try to revive it, but it was a fun story while it lasted.  And yes, I made some great friends from it!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2021, 12:19:43 PM »

I have like six posts in a row and do not care LOL. I sleep on a different schedule then everyone as always haha. I planned on writing today and tomorrow. What? No idea. Could be fic, could be blogging, but this thread makes me want to go look at my 00Carter notes again. It's funny cause I did a fan's BSB podcast episode and she asked about me and fanfic, and I made sure to mention 00Carter cause it's seriously one of my favorite ideas. We all encouraged each other's crazy with it, and I do love crazy LOL.

Sounds like you were the early bird this time around!  Weird!  I went to bed at 3 a.m, didn't fall asleep until after 4, and slept till 11:30 LOL.  It's gonna be rough going back to work on Wednesday, but whatever.

I caught the 00Carter mention and loved it.
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 50