Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 50

Author Topic: The Writing Thread  (Read 146303 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: The Writing Thread
« Reply #465 on: January 12, 2021, 09:17:29 PM »

So that's a question that I have. Does anyone feel like they're "known" for writing a certain genre and have you stepped out of your comfort zone? How was that for you?

Probably back in the day, I would say it was fantasy or AUs. Most of the stories I enjoyed that I wrote were pretty heavily AU. I've been gone so long that I don't even know that anyone would think of me when they thought BSB stories in the fantasy genre, let alone if I'm anyone other people think of ever, haha. And it's actually... oddly freeing to just write something because I'm enjoying it. Don't get me wrong, I wish when I came back AC was more like it was then, but it was more for the people here and the overall bustle of the site than any dreams of popular fanfic author glory.

It wasn't all BSB fanfic, but I think I've written just about every genre at this point (not straight sci-fi, I'm more team magi-tech) and it honestly just made me say "Yeah, I like fantasy." I like researching and planning and creating epic characters who can bring an epic world to life. So I guess I will forever live my life being exhausted from writing epics, basically.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #466 on: January 12, 2021, 09:22:16 PM »

Nick dreams weird things in a coma. But I love it! Except I'm holding a vigil for Kevin's eyebrows.

RIP.

I was trying to imagine what Kevin would look like without eyebrows.  I was going to suggest someone photoshop that, but then decided to see if anyone already had, and Google delivered: https://www.oocities.org/sunsetstrip/lobby/9305/jokekev_06.jpg

Terrifying.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #467 on: January 12, 2021, 09:23:01 PM »

What's everyone's fanfic guilty pleasure?  In other words, what kind of story will you always click on, even if you've read a dozen other stories like it?

The Boys bonding circa 1997-2000. True Companions/Band of Brother/Family of Choice forever! Especially when it's nostalgic. So many warm fuzzies.

Another question I thought of while watching The Resident:  Has the pandemic affected the plots of your current or future stories at all?  If it hasn't, do you see yourself writing something that takes place in this time period, or would you prefer to stick to the past or an unspecified time period for future projects?

On a whole, I'd rather forget 2020 ever happened. And if anything, I think it's made me go the opposite. Avoid anything present-day. I like to remember my Boys as they were in fanfics, so I don't think I'd ever write anything past 2003ish. But who knows! Never say never.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #468 on: January 12, 2021, 09:23:49 PM »

RIP.

I was trying to imagine what Kevin would look like without eyebrows.  I was going to suggest someone photoshop that, but then decided to see if anyone already had, and Google delivered: https://www.oocities.org/sunsetstrip/lobby/9305/jokekev_06.jpg

Terrifying.

His beautiful face! Nooooo! I have to go bleach that out of my brain. Now find one where he has excessive eyebrows!
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #469 on: January 12, 2021, 09:26:44 PM »

You guys being so proud of your old stories. Fine, I will go find something.

Okay, so... I went and looked and hated every minute of my 200 word chapters. Here's a fantastic gem:

"My friend took the picture of us dancing," Nick explained.

"This is really nice of you, Nick."

"I was nothing," he answered, then added, "I also got you this." He pulled a rose out of his pocket and kissed it. "I love you, Jessica."

"Thank you, Nick. I love you too."
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #470 on: January 12, 2021, 09:29:16 PM »

His beautiful face! Nooooo! I have to go bleach that out of my brain. Now find one where he has excessive eyebrows!

Here is a whole Geocities site dedicated to them! https://www.oocities.org/sunsetstrip/lobby/9305/brows.html LOL
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 09:30:59 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #471 on: January 12, 2021, 09:30:32 PM »

Here is a whole Geocities site dedicated to them!  https://www.oocities.org/sunsetstrip/lobby/9305/jokekev_06.jpg  LOL

No!!! It's the same "no eyebrows" picture! Burn it!
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #472 on: January 12, 2021, 09:31:21 PM »

No!!! It's the same "no eyebrows" picture! Burn it!

Ahh, the link didn't copy. Fixed it! https://www.oocities.org/sunsetstrip/lobby/9305/brows.html
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #473 on: January 12, 2021, 09:34:46 PM »

Okay, so... I went and looked and hated every minute of my 200 word chapters. Here's a fantastic gem:

"My friend took the picture of us dancing," Nick explained.

"This is really nice of you, Nick."

"I was nothing," he answered, then added, "I also got you this." He pulled a rose out of his pocket and kissed it. "I love you, Jessica."

"Thank you, Nick. I love you too."

LOL Aww...  I hope he didn't poke himself with thorns when he was kissing that rose.

This is how I picture young Nick with roses: https://twitter.com/nickcarter/status/1082812711178723328
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #474 on: January 12, 2021, 09:35:40 PM »

Ahh, the link didn't copy. Fixed it! https://www.oocities.org/sunsetstrip/lobby/9305/brows.html

OMG, I love that someone wrote a poem about them. I'll buy a "team stroke the brows" button. I've also grown to appreciate our dear Kev more as the years went on.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #475 on: January 12, 2021, 09:37:07 PM »

OMG, I love that someone wrote a poem about them. I'll buy a "team stroke the brows" button. I've also grown to appreciate our dear Kev more as the years went on.

Same!  Absence makes the heart grow fonder.  Leaving and coming back was probably the best decision he ever made; we appreciate him more for it, and I think he appreciates us fans more too.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #476 on: January 12, 2021, 09:37:29 PM »

LOL Aww...  I hope he didn't poke himself with thorns when he was kissing that rose.

This is how I picture young Nick with roses: https://twitter.com/nickcarter/status/1082812711178723328

Real Nick probably would. I couldn't click through more than three chapters. I hated it so much. Poor naive 11-year-old Dee.

I definitely ripped that one out of a magazine and had it proudly displayed on my wall. So much sex appeal.  ::)
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #477 on: January 12, 2021, 09:39:19 PM »

LMAO... He looks "special."
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #478 on: January 12, 2021, 09:40:43 PM »

Same!  Absence makes the heart grow fonder.  Leaving and coming back was probably the best decision he ever made; we appreciate him more for it, and I think he appreciates us fans more too.

I think more than the others, he needed to see what else what out there since he's been with the Boys for basically his whole adult life. That's gotta give you a "am I anything but an aging boy bander" complex. But we all know he chose to come back, so I think that makes the absence more meaningful for me. I figured it was never really a "money" based decision.
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #479 on: January 12, 2021, 09:41:42 PM »

LMAO... He looks "special."

His big beautiful blue eyes needed to be as big as possible, okay? How else could we fully appreciate them?
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 50