Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Reading Thread

<< < (15/15)

RokofAges75:
Agree, the predictability of having a weekly updating schedule is so nice!

FrickingKaos:
So I've been doing some reading, and I thought I'd ask this question lol

What is your favorite chapter/scene of any fanfiction you've ever read?

Mine is what I read this morning, I am rereading Why I'd Do It All Again by Mare and I was just in tears reading the part where Nick falls out of his bedroom window and lands on a old sandwich in the rose bush below. I don't know why that part is so funny but it just sticks out in my mind, it's probably the funniest thing I've ever read. Just because I can picture him lying in the bush and realizing a sandwich broke his fall. XD

RokofAges75:
That is such a randomly funny Mare moment LOL.

Great question, but I'm realizing as I think about it, I don't remember a lot of specific chapters or scenes.  The first two that came to mind were the infamous bot fly scene in Steph's "Save a Prayer" because it's so horrifying and gross and the Christmas gift wrapping scene in "Cover Me With Dreams" by Heidi because it's cute and sexy.  I went scrolling through my list of favorites to look for other ideas, and while I can tell you the general plot of each one and why I liked it, I can't think of a lot of specific parts.  And the ones I do remember are usually just memorable in some way, often because they're shocking or gross, but I don't know that that makes them my favorite scene.  I guess it's been a long time since I've reread most of my old favorites!

nicksgal:
Oh the sandwich! I also enjoy that one.

I can't think of any right now that stand out as a favorite. I really suck. I think I listed all the memorable ones when we discussed "The Scenes"/"Signature Scenes." I've just been away too long and if my brain is anything like my house, my favorite BSB fanfics are buried under a pile of something somewhere, lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version