Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: I Wish That Story Was Finished  (Read 7155 times)

balance

• Innocent Bystander
I Wish That Story Was Finished
« on: August 08, 2021, 04:47:50 PM »

It's been a while since I've been here.  And maybe this should be added to the Reading thread. But I was cleaning up my Favorites and found my fanfiction folder in my bookmarks. Most definitely the wrong time to do this since school has started....but I did.  Not only are many of the websites gone; but, many of my bookmarks are incomplete stories.  Do you have any stories that you wished had been completed?

One of mine is a slash/vampire fic called "Always Darkest Before Dawn."  I started following this story when it was fanfiction.net ....which tells you how old it is!  You can find this story here: https://web.archive.org/web/20050116030827/http://forever-rebel.net/tangobaby44/fiction/othersq-s.htm.
Pammy Whammy

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: I Wish That Story Was Finished
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 12:59:42 PM »

Hey, welcome back, Pammy!

It's sad how many of the old fanfic sites are gone.  We lost so many when Geocities went down.  Fanfic has shifted from individual sites to the big archive sites now, like Archive of Our Own.

The first story that came to mind for me is one called "Remember Me This Way" by Jen.  It was just posted on her site, Imagine Fan Fiction (https://web.archive.org/web/20090727233526/http://geocities.com/imaginefanfic/).  It starts with Nick falling off the stage at rehearsal and getting impaled on some kind of pole, at which point he reveals to the others that he's HIV positive.  So, you know, my kind of story LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

balance

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 07:05:51 PM »

I'm going to find some time to read it, Julie.
Pammy Whammy

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 09:19:35 PM »

You're gonna be left hanging!  I don't think I'd want to start reading a story I knew was never going to be finished.
~Julie

balance

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 06:12:30 PM »

Yeah, I know.  But I'm in a BSB fic mindset, right now. :shrug:
Pammy Whammy

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2021, 02:18:16 PM »

That one with Nick being impaled and having HIV does sound like something I'd like too, but if it's never going to be finished I won't start it

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2021, 10:55:04 PM »

Good to see you on here, Steph!  Yeah, that story got pretty far, but will never be finished, so I'm not sure it's worth the read at this point.
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2021, 10:40:31 AM »

I wonder if there are any stories where the writer is never going to come back and finish their story, that you would want to finish for them?

I'll have to have a think of an answer to my own question lol.  I also have an unfinished story that I'm going to have to pick up again one day (if I ever get back into writing)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2021, 10:44:49 PM »

The one I mentioned in this thread (Remember Me This Way) is the only one I can think of that I would consider trying to finish if asked.  Or at least pre-SAMS, I would have considered.  Nowadays probably not, but it would be in my wheelhouse.  I think finishing someone else's story yourself kinda takes the fun out of it, though.  I would rather enjoy it as a reader.

I hope you do get back to your story and writing in general, Steph!  We miss you around here!  If it gives you any hope, Rose, Dee, and I decided to resurrect 00Carter about a month ago and just finished our first episode in 9 years this week!  We're not ready to post anything yet, but will have updates at some point this fall.  So it can happen!
~Julie