Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 50

Author Topic: 2 Writing 2 Thread  (Read 150640 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: 2 Writing 2 Thread
« Reply #585 on: February 27, 2021, 09:47:09 PM »

Excellent, my plan to inspire you through a joke and make you laugh worked! Muahahaha!

I'm joking, I just added it because I knew you would think it was funny and we were talking about Broken.

LOL I had to go check Broken to make sure I didn't use the word "orb" to describe Nick's tumor.  Thankfully, I did not.

I was reminded of the dream interpretation phase I went through while writing that story.  It has all these weird, prophetic dream sequences that I carefully pieced together using DreamMoods.com, thinking I was being all symbolic and foreshadowing the choppage before it was ever brought up in the story.  But one of the dreams was literally a shark biting Nick's leg off, so it was a bit heavy-handed and obvious LOL.

Anyone else have any phases in your earlier writing career that you're now embarrassed by?
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #586 on: February 27, 2021, 10:12:14 PM »

LOL I had to go check Broken to make sure I didn't use the word "orb" to describe Nick's tumor.  Thankfully, I did not.

LOL! Didn't mean to make you paranoid for your magnum opus.

I was reminded of the dream interpretation phase I went through while writing that story.  It has all these weird, prophetic dream sequences that I carefully pieced together using DreamMoods.com, thinking I was being all symbolic and foreshadowing the choppage before it was ever brought up in the story.  But one of the dreams was literally a shark biting Nick's leg off, so it was a bit heavy-handed and obvious LOL.

"But what could a shark biting my leg off mean?! Is it about all the people who want a piece of me because I'm famous!" *literally gets leg chopped off* "You know, I really should have seen this coming." lmao

Anyone else have any phases in your earlier writing career that you're now embarrassed by?

Yup! I started writing PBox in my slightly weeby phase when I just LOVED manga and anime, so it had so many manga- and anime-esque things in it. Admittedly, some of them stayed (though I can't think of what exactly at the moment), but one I constantly found myself deleting and cringing about in the edit was shaking eyes, which I surely added because it was the "perfect poetic way to express a myriad of emotions from sadness to anger"... in an anime. In a novel, you worry about the characters having some sort of eye disease that makes their eyes literally shake.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #587 on: February 27, 2021, 10:17:01 PM »

"But what could a shark biting my leg off mean?! Is it about all the people who want a piece of me because I'm famous!" *literally gets leg chopped off* "You know, I really should have seen this coming." lmao

LMAO right??

Yup! I started writing PBox in my slightly weeby phase when I just LOVED manga and anime, so it had so many manga- and anime-esque things in it. Admittedly, some of them stayed (though I can't think of what exactly at the moment), but one I constantly found myself deleting and cringing about in the edit was shaking eyes, which I surely added because it was the "perfect poetic way to express a myriad of emotions from sadness to anger"... in an anime. In a novel, you worry about the characters having some sort of eye disease that makes their eyes literally shake.

LMAO!  Not being an anime or manga fan, I did not know about the eye shaking thing.  But yeah... that would make me wonder LOL.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #588 on: February 27, 2021, 10:57:02 PM »

LMAO!  Not being an anime or manga fan, I did not know about the eye shaking thing.  But yeah... that would make me wonder LOL.

It was really bad! Much worse than the fist clenching.

That's a fun game I should have played. How many times does Nick do that in PBox? I'm sure it's plentiful.

Speaking of clenching fists... I also spent some time playing this game:

It wasn't too bad for Nick!... in PBox. Here's characters clenching their fists (or clenching their hands into fists):

Nick: 59 times in PBox, 62 times in PNecklace (so far) | Basically Nick's default mode in life is "preparing to punch someone." Iron Woobie -- Savior of Worlds, indeed!

Minako: 35 times in PBox, 8 times in PNecklace (so far) | Though, most of hers are either clenching one hand into a fist at her heart or out of excitement as opposed to anger.

Brian: 7 times in PBox | Mostly near the end when he's pissed.

Kevin: 12 times in PBox, 2 times in PNecklace (so far) | Again, mostly near the end when he's pissed.

AJ: 14 times in PBox, 9 times in PNecklace (so far) | If it's not Nick clenching a fist (or Renee), it's AJ!

Howie: 1 time in PBox | And he was definitely about to rain Holy Hell that one time.

Renee: 41 times in PBox

NSYNC members: 26 times in PBox (Justin: 9 times, Lance: 11 times, Joey: 1 time, Chris: 5 times, JC: 0 times)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 10:59:22 PM by nicksgal »
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #589 on: February 27, 2021, 11:38:49 PM »

Wow, that is a lot of fist-clenching! LOL
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #590 on: February 28, 2021, 10:29:56 AM »

Looks like there is a little Kevin-Nick trend happening on AC.  There's a Kevin/Nick slash and Tracy's Kevin & Nick story back to back on the Most Recent page.  If I can get far enough to post My Brother's Keeper, that will be a third Kevin & Nick story.

Mare, this would be the perfect time for you to return to fanfic with a bromantic Kevin & Nick story.  Just saying!
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #591 on: February 28, 2021, 12:20:22 PM »

Wow, that is a lot of fist-clenching! LOL

Yup! I said I knew it was a problem. Yet, here we are.
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #592 on: February 28, 2021, 12:21:18 PM »

Looks like there is a little Kevin-Nick trend happening on AC.  There's a Kevin/Nick slash and Tracy's Kevin & Nick story back to back on the Most Recent page.  If I can get far enough to post My Brother's Keeper, that will be a third Kevin & Nick story.

Mare, this would be the perfect time for you to return to fanfic with a bromantic Kevin & Nick story.  Just saying!

I support all of this!

Meanwhile, I will continue to be the AJ of the group in my leather jacket and sunglasses. Paint my nails black. Wear several hats.
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #593 on: February 28, 2021, 12:25:55 PM »

How's writing going for everyone this weekend?
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #594 on: February 28, 2021, 01:41:25 PM »

Yup! I said I knew it was a problem. Yet, here we are.

I'm sure we all have our body language quirks.  My characters are always swallowing hard to get rid of the lumps that have risen in their throats.  Could be acid reflux. LOL
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #595 on: February 28, 2021, 01:42:02 PM »

I support all of this!

Meanwhile, I will continue to be the AJ of the group in my leather jacket and sunglasses. Paint my nails black. Wear several hats.

There you go, you rebel!  You do you.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #596 on: February 28, 2021, 01:44:06 PM »

How's writing going for everyone this weekend?

It's going well today!  I "wrote" yesterday morning and evening and only got about 800 words written the entire day.  Today I finally got into a groove and finished Chapter 5.

How about for you?
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #597 on: February 28, 2021, 02:55:10 PM »

I've written 10 words for a blog and a sentence for my fanfic lmao.

Lots of fail. Hoping for better luck on my day off tomorrow.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #598 on: February 28, 2021, 03:51:11 PM »

I'm sure we all have our body language quirks.  My characters are always swallowing hard to get rid of the lumps that have risen in their throats.  Could be acid reflux. LOL

Oh definitely. I feel for your lump swallowing characters. Acid reflux is uncomfortable!

Nick also likes to slump his shoulders a lot, likely destroying his spine little by little. Not helped by those wings back there... ha.

There you go, you rebel!  You do you.

I shall! And then when y'all are still riding that Nick & Kevin train, I'll go start writing about Nick & Brian or maybe I'll write about Howie instead, be an actual rebel!  :biggrin:
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #599 on: February 28, 2021, 04:04:53 PM »

It's going well today!  I "wrote" yesterday morning and evening and only got about 800 words written the entire day.  Today I finally got into a groove and finished Chapter 5.

Wahoo! Have a party hat and some confetti! Your first new chapter complete!  :party:

I've written 10 words for a blog and a sentence for my fanfic lmao.

Lots of fail. Hoping for better luck on my day off tomorrow.

Still some writing! You can also have a party hat and some confetti.  :party:

How about for you?

Yesterday was productive eventually when I figured out what I should have been writing to start the next chapter, but then I derailed myself with dinner and looking for fist clenching, haha. All in all, I wrote 1,031 words somewhere in the story, but only 367 in the current chapter.

Today was meal prep day, but I did manage to get a tiny bit of writing in before we started cooking for about 20 minutes. Unfortunately, it was not in the current chapter, let alone the current book, so here I am writing really ahead again. So far, I have 123 words, four of which are "Nick clenched his fist." haha
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 50