Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 50

Author Topic: 2 Writing 2 Thread  (Read 153180 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: 2 Writing 2 Thread
« Reply #600 on: February 28, 2021, 04:57:02 PM »

I've written 10 words for a blog and a sentence for my fanfic lmao.

Lots of fail. Hoping for better luck on my day off tomorrow.

Hey, every little bit helps!  I'm just happy to hear you opened your story.

And then when y'all are still riding that Nick & Kevin train, I'll go start writing about Nick & Brian or maybe I'll write about Howie instead, be an actual rebel!  :biggrin:

I vote Nick and Brian!  Sorry, Howie.

So far, I have 123 words, four of which are "Nick clenched his fist." haha

He's gonna give himself demon arthritis or something from all that fist-clenching!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #601 on: February 28, 2021, 06:07:29 PM »

I finished writing a chapter for History on Saturday. I'm four chapters ahead of what I have posted.

I didn't write yesterday, I took a break. Did a video chat with some friends and had a couple drinks. It was a nice relaxing Saturday. I never usually enjoy weekends because I work so much. Things are really crazy at my night job and it's been stressful. So I haven't been as productive with writing as I'd like to be this week, but something is better than nothing.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #602 on: February 28, 2021, 06:12:57 PM »

Looks like there is a little Kevin-Nick trend happening on AC.  There's a Kevin/Nick slash and Tracy's Kevin & Nick story back to back on the Most Recent page.  If I can get far enough to post My Brother's Keeper, that will be a third Kevin & Nick story.

Mare, this would be the perfect time for you to return to fanfic with a bromantic Kevin & Nick story.  Just saying!

That would be pretty awesome. I’m glad Kevin and Nick bromance is a thing again. Probably because of their insta live.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #603 on: February 28, 2021, 07:22:46 PM »

I'm glad I picked a good time to post my story lol this one had been floating around in my drafts on Google docs for about a year or so, and I finally decided to use the idea. I like to call it a Kevin appreciation story because that's what it's turning into. It does focus on Kevin and Nick a little bit but I decided to incorporate his relationships with the other guys too to show how important he is to the group as a whole.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #604 on: February 28, 2021, 07:31:07 PM »

I vote Nick and Brian!  Sorry, Howie.

He's gonna give himself demon arthritis or something from all that fist-clenching!

Oh, I know.

Oh noes! Demon arthritis! He'll hurt every time he even tries to clench his fist! :'(
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #605 on: February 28, 2021, 07:33:06 PM »

I finished writing a chapter for History on Saturday. I'm four chapters ahead of what I have posted.

I didn't write yesterday, I took a break. Did a video chat with some friends and had a couple drinks. It was a nice relaxing Saturday. I never usually enjoy weekends because I work so much. Things are really crazy at my night job and it's been stressful. So I haven't been as productive with writing as I'd like to be this week, but something is better than nothing.

A party hat and confetti for you too!  :party:

It's good to take a break and have a relaxing day, especially when work is stressful. Make sure that you're taking good care of yourself in addition to writing!
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #606 on: February 28, 2021, 07:36:46 PM »

That would be pretty awesome. I’m glad Kevin and Nick bromance is a thing again. Probably because of their insta live.

If that inspired a bunch of people to write Kevin & Nick bromances, then I am here for it!

I'm glad I picked a good time to post my story lol this one had been floating around in my drafts on Google docs for about a year or so, and I finally decided to use the idea. I like to call it a Kevin appreciation story because that's what it's turning into. It does focus on Kevin and Nick a little bit but I decided to incorporate his relationships with the other guys too to show how important he is to the group as a whole.

Kevin is very important to the group! It just wasn't the same without him, so we need all the Kevin appreciation that we can get! :wave:

And I'm happy for you that you were able to get inspiration going on something you started a year ago and that it's going well. :) Things happen at the right time!
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #607 on: March 01, 2021, 04:09:08 AM »

I agree? The group wasn’t the same. It’s funny because I mentioned that today on Twitter after seeing their London concert on tv earlier this afternoon. Maybe it was the company they were keeping or just that one show, but their vocals weren’t great and I really hated those rearrangements they did of their classics and as I watched that I couldn’t help but think that Kevin would’ve been all “Hell no!” to most of the decisions they made during the “scissors” time as I like to call it lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #608 on: March 01, 2021, 07:18:12 PM »

I agree? The group wasn’t the same. It’s funny because I mentioned that today on Twitter after seeing their London concert on tv earlier this afternoon. Maybe it was the company they were keeping or just that one show, but their vocals weren’t great and I really hated those rearrangements they did of their classics and as I watched that I couldn’t help but think that Kevin would’ve been all “Hell no!” to most of the decisions they made during the “scissors” time as I like to call it lol

LOL!  I ended up loving that tour more than I thought I would, but I agree about Kevin being all "Hell no!"  I mean, he decided to come back when they still had another leg of the NKOTBSB tour; he could have participated, but opted not to LOL.

I actually think the worst butchering of their classics actually happened on the Never Gone tour, and that was with Kevin.  I love Never Gone and enjoyed that tour, but I hated what they did with ALAYLM and IWITW.  But Siberia and My Beautiful Woman made up for those two.

I'm glad they seem to have given up on trying to remix the classics and have gone for nostalgia instead by singing them the way they're supposed to sound.  If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #609 on: March 01, 2021, 07:29:07 PM »

Going along with the "What sparked this Kevin & Nick story trend?" topic from last night, how do you decide which boys your story's mainly going to be about?  Do you set out thinking "I want to write a story about Kevin and Nick"?  Or do you come up with an idea and then cast your characters based on which boys would work best with it?

In the case of my current story, I was inspired by the song "Take Care."  The minute I heard that song, I was like, "Oh, this is a hurt/comfort song waiting to happen."  I "cast" Kevin based on the lyric Nick sings:  "You... you've always stood so tall.  I never thought you'd fall.  But now it's you that's fading."  That description fit Kevin best, so from then on, it became a Kevin & Nick idea.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #610 on: March 01, 2021, 07:30:55 PM »

Aw, I have that 02 show saved on our DVR, but my husband saw it was on tv yesterday and started recording it for me halfway through -- so sweet. I didn't like some of the arrangements (or outfits) either. I don't mind New Kids, but they have two totally different styles and overall their vocals just aren't as strong. Add into that the fact that they don't really dance (other than the kick ball change for The Right Stuff), and well... the Boys are just superior. Despite New Kids codifying the modern boy band aesthetic. And realistically, the Boys are both the most successful boy band of all time and the longest running (if you ignore the "boy band factories" of the Asian markets or Menudo that cycle members through as they age out).

I get why they did it; those nostalgia tours were all the rage around that time. I believe that New Kids tried it and failed to sell as well with 98*. Not sure if it was before or after NKOTBSB... I can't remember, it was a long time ago. This was during my small period of soul searching and separation from the Boys, so I don't have any first hand opinions on any of it. I probably would have gone to a show in Denver since I'm team boy band, and it may have helped draw me back into the Boys sooner. It was a dark several years of me sporting the most obnoxious teenybopper-esque cowboy hats I could find, haha.

I wonder if they worried that they were waning in popularity from the fanbase and figured nostalgia tours were the way to go, but then seeing all the BSB fans (much louder BSB screaming in the show) plus the return of Kevin made them realize that they weren't nostalgia tour material yet (if ever). They still pack arenas just fine, in my experience.

This was a long diatribe, but you're absolutely right that Kevin would have not put up with that whole thing at all. I could venture some guesses on who was pro-NKOTBSB out of the group, but I'm sure you all had several lengthy discussions on that at one point. Regardless, #TeamKevin!

LOL!  I ended up loving that tour more than I thought I would, but I agree about Kevin being all "Hell no!"  I mean, he decided to come back when they still had another leg of the NKOTBSB tour; he could have participated, but opted not to LOL.

I actually think the worst butchering of their classics actually happened on the Never Gone tour, and that was with Kevin.  I love Never Gone and enjoyed that tour, but I hated what they did with ALAYLM and IWITW.  But Siberia and My Beautiful Woman made up for those two.

I'm glad they seem to have given up on trying to remix the classics and have gone for nostalgia instead by singing them the way they're supposed to sound.  If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it!

He talks about it so nicely in interviews too. Something akin to, "I came back sooner, but I decided to let them keep doing their thing rather than throwing off the balance." Such a nice way to say, "Yeah, nope. See y'all when we're doing BSB only things again." lmao

Oh Never Gone... Such an interesting BSB time since they were trying to groove into the adult contemporary scene. And they made my drive all the way to Loveland for that tour; the worst!

There's nothing they should fix except bringing back even more nostalgic classics! I just want to have a party again.  :'( Or I would die to see their TTWILI goggles one more time.
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #611 on: March 01, 2021, 07:40:33 PM »

Going along with the "What sparked this Kevin & Nick story trend?" topic from last night, how do you decide which boys your story's mainly going to be about?  Do you set out thinking "I want to write a story about Kevin and Nick"?  Or do you come up with an idea and then cast your characters based on which boys would work best with it?

In the case of my current story, I was inspired by the song "Take Care."  The minute I heard that song, I was like, "Oh, this is a hurt/comfort song waiting to happen."  I "cast" Kevin based on the lyric Nick sings:  "You... you've always stood so tall.  I never thought you'd fall.  But now it's you that's fading."  That description fit Kevin best, so from then on, it became a Kevin & Nick idea.

Aw, cute inspiration. That seems very Kevin (should tragedy strike him). I've missed out on some delightful b-sides lately, haven't I?

Uh... All my better ideas seemed like group stories and then Nick has main character vibes on top of that? I don't have a good answer for this, haha. I think it's idea first, then characters, but it never ends up fully formed unless character roles are the immediate successor in the loose plan. I'd rather have fully fleshed out characters and a partially fleshed out idea than the opposite.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #612 on: March 01, 2021, 07:55:01 PM »

Aw, I have that 02 show saved on our DVR, but my husband saw it was on tv yesterday and started recording it for me halfway through -- so sweet. I didn't like some of the arrangements (or outfits) either. I don't mind New Kids, but they have two totally different styles and overall their vocals just aren't as strong. Add into that the fact that they don't really dance (other than the kick ball change for The Right Stuff), and well... the Boys are just superior. Despite New Kids codifying the modern boy band aesthetic. And realistically, the Boys are both the most successful boy band of all time and the longest running (if you ignore the "boy band factories" of the Asian markets or Menudo that cycle members through as they age out).

I get why they did it; those nostalgia tours were all the rage around that time. I believe that New Kids tried it and failed to sell as well with 98*. Not sure if it was before or after NKOTBSB... I can't remember, it was a long time ago. This was during my small period of soul searching and separation from the Boys, so I don't have any first hand opinions on any of it. I probably would have gone to a show in Denver since I'm team boy band, and it may have helped draw me back into the Boys sooner. It was a dark several years of me sporting the most obnoxious teenybopper-esque cowboy hats I could find, haha.

I wonder if they worried that they were waning in popularity from the fanbase and figured nostalgia tours were the way to go, but then seeing all the BSB fans (much louder BSB screaming in the show) plus the return of Kevin made them realize that they weren't nostalgia tour material yet (if ever). They still pack arenas just fine, in my experience.

This was a long diatribe, but you're absolutely right that Kevin would have not put up with that whole thing at all. I could venture some guesses on who was pro-NKOTBSB out of the group, but I'm sure you all had several lengthy discussions on that at one point. Regardless, #TeamKevin!

He talks about it so nicely in interviews too. Something akin to, "I came back sooner, but I decided to let them keep doing their thing rather than throwing off the balance." Such a nice way to say, "Yeah, nope. See y'all when we're doing BSB only things again." lmao

I was skeptical about the whole thing at first because it definitely felt like something washed-up bands do, but it was a really fun concert.  It was an interesting dynamic comparing BSB fans to the Blockheads who are, on average, about ten years older than the average BSB fan.  Great people-watching.  I had a blast!  BSB are definitely at the deeper end of the talent pool though LOL.  The New Kids have like one decent singer, and that is Joey McIntyre.  The rest of them... yikes!  And yes, that was a very tactful way for Kevin to say "Hell no" LOL.

There's nothing they should fix except bringing back even more nostalgic classics! I just want to have a party again.  :'( Or I would die to see their TTWILI goggles one more time.

I love the ones they've been bringing back!  It made my life to see DWLYN live again after all these years.  And I love that they did TTWILI too, but even more than the lack of goggles, I was disappointed they didn't keep the same choreography from 1998.  Especially on Brian's verse: https://youtu.be/IGN0uVV5jGI?t=74
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #613 on: March 01, 2021, 08:11:39 PM »

Aw, cute inspiration. That seems very Kevin (should tragedy strike him). I've missed out on some delightful b-sides lately, haven't I?

Yes, yes you have!  Take Care was a bonus track on the Target version of IAWLT, and it's one of the best songs on an already amazing album.  Here it is if you haven't heard it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfKj27Pdq4Q&ab_channel=snakenp
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #614 on: March 01, 2021, 08:13:45 PM »

I was skeptical about the whole thing at first because it definitely felt like something washed-up bands do, but it was a really fun concert.  It was an interesting dynamic comparing BSB fans to the Blockheads who are, on average, about ten years older than the average BSB fan.  Great people-watching.  I had a blast!  BSB are definitely at the deeper end of the talent pool though LOL.  The New Kids have like one decent singer, and that is Joey McIntyre.  The rest of them... yikes!  And yes, that was a very tactful way for Kevin to say "Hell no" LOL.

I bet the people watching was awesome! It's good that Donnie went into acting like Marky-Mark. ;)

I love the ones they've been bringing back!  It made my life to see DWLYN live again after all these years.  And I love that they did TTWILI too, but even more than the lack of goggles, I was disappointed they didn't keep the same choreography from 1998.  Especially on Brian's verse: https://youtu.be/IGN0uVV5jGI?t=74

Yes! They should just have a four hour concert and sing all of Millennium, plus the classics, and then some new stuff. That '98 choreography was money. I guess I'm thankful that they've kept the Backstreet's Back and LTL choreography all these years, if nothing else. And, truthfully, I didn't mind that they did medleys/"solos" for about half the DNA album and put in some older songs again. It was more what I expected the residency to be like (though I did really like the surprise GAB).
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 50