Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 50

Author Topic: The Writing Thread: Orlando Passaggio (aka The Writing Thread 3)  (Read 131359 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: The Writing Thread: Orlando Passaggio (aka The Writing Thread 3)
« Reply #300 on: April 09, 2021, 07:38:24 PM »

I think it's easier to stay inspired if it's a book or maybe a movie? I know a tv show would just suck me into the whole series.

LOL Yes, TV shows tend to do that to me too, but thankfully this time I have kept writing.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #301 on: April 09, 2021, 08:00:44 PM »

LOL Yes, TV shows tend to do that to me too, but thankfully this time I have kept writing.

Good! You're really on a roll!

Meanwhile, I've hit peak meta and officially called myself out in my narrative. Anyone else do weird things like this to make themselves laugh?

“I love that you’re creative, but maybe it’s time to stop thinking about a weird dream you had in elementary school…” She pushed open the door to the locker room. “It’s not like demons are real or anything…”
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #302 on: April 09, 2021, 08:15:13 PM »

LOL!  I love the call-out/self-reference.  I like to put in little things that make me laugh, too.

My writing has been slow the last couple days.  I finished the chapter I had been working on all of spring break up to that point, which I was really happy with, but then I was faced with the task of starting a new and less eventful chapter.  I've finally gotten into a groove with it, but it usually takes me awhile to get going, unless the chapter starts in the middle of the action.  This story is not exactly action-packed though LOL.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #303 on: April 09, 2021, 08:19:56 PM »

Here's another rant about the English language.  I hate how there are multiple acceptable ways to spell certain words.  Like "canceled/cancelled" - I never know whether to use one L or two.  I went with one because apparently that's the more acceptable way in American English, but British English uses two Ls.  I must be British because I always want to give it two Ls too, and then I second guess myself and look it up and change it to one L and then do a find/replace to make sure I'm being consistent throughout the story.  I'm the same way with "alright/all right."  Or how about "gray/grey?"
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #304 on: April 09, 2021, 09:04:44 PM »

LOL!  I love the call-out/self-reference.  I like to put in little things that make me laugh, too.

My writing has been slow the last couple days.  I finished the chapter I had been working on all of spring break up to that point, which I was really happy with, but then I was faced with the task of starting a new and less eventful chapter.  I've finally gotten into a groove with it, but it usually takes me awhile to get going, unless the chapter starts in the middle of the action.  This story is not exactly action-packed though LOL.

It's how this origin story ended up starting to make sense, since I couldn't use "fell in a magical hole at TRL" anymore, lol.

I feel like the less action-packed chapters are usually slower for me to start writing too, especially if you need it to get from one action-packed chapter to another. Unless I can so perfectly envision those non-action scenes, which happens some times and not others.

I've had that "slow" feeling about my editing lately. "This is painfully slow for me to edit." That either means that pacing is off in PNecklace (likely) or the chapters are out of order for what they should be (also likely) or maybe whatever is extraneous (also likely). But then I had a chapter like this week's where not a lot happened and I switched a bunch of things around before posting it, but I didn't hate it at all. So I feel you on the ups and downs of the writing process. Sometimes you need some less action-packed stuff, especially when the drama is in the interactions.

I feel like I've actually been writing a lot, but nothing for where I currently am in PNecklace, so... Who knows. I think some time this weekend, I'll just have to force myself to sit down and write something on the chapter I've been putting off, no matter what ends up on the page, especially when I'm not against a heavy overhaul before posting.

Here's another rant about the English language.  I hate how there are multiple acceptable ways to spell certain words.  Like "canceled/cancelled" - I never know whether to use one L or two.  I went with one because apparently that's the more acceptable way in American English, but British English uses two Ls.  I must be British because I always want to give it two Ls too, and then I second guess myself and look it up and change it to one L and then do a find/replace to make sure I'm being consistent throughout the story.  I'm the same way with "alright/all right."  Or how about "gray/grey?"

Okay, before we go any further... Not sure why you question alright/all right. As you know, it is "Backstreet's back alright!" and they are clearly paragons of English language accuracy.  :biggrin:

I do this too, all the time, except I am unapologetic about my preferences whichever way they trend. If someone tells me I spelled it incorrectly, my response is akin to "I most certainly did not." My big one is theatre/theater and it's made even more difficult by people trying to explain away that "theatre" is the art and "theater" is the building, but it's not, it's literally British versus American. All that being said, my preference is "theatre." Gray/grey used to get me too. As long as you're consistent throughout the work, I chalk it up to personal style. So give cancelled two Ls! I think it looks fine either way.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #305 on: April 09, 2021, 10:31:27 PM »

Sometimes you need some less action-packed stuff, especially when the drama is in the interactions.

I feel like I've actually been writing a lot, but nothing for where I currently am in PNecklace, so... Who knows. I think some time this weekend, I'll just have to force myself to sit down and write something on the chapter I've been putting off, no matter what ends up on the page, especially when I'm not against a heavy overhaul before posting.

Absolutely!  I just finished writing an argument between the boys, which is always fun once it gets going.  I just had to find a way to start it.

Sometimes you do just have to sit down and force yourself to put words on paper.  The first few words/sentences are usually the hardest, but once you get over that hump, it gets easier.

Okay, before we go any further... Not sure why you question alright/all right. As you know, it is "Backstreet's back alright!" and they are clearly paragons of English language accuracy.  :biggrin:

I do this too, all the time, except I am unapologetic about my preferences whichever way they trend. If someone tells me I spelled it incorrectly, my response is akin to "I most certainly did not." My big one is theatre/theater and it's made even more difficult by people trying to explain away that "theatre" is the art and "theater" is the building, but it's not, it's literally British versus American. All that being said, my preference is "theatre." Gray/grey used to get me too. As long as you're consistent throughout the work, I chalk it up to personal style. So give cancelled two Ls! I think it looks fine either way.

Well, obviously!  "Does his gifts come from the heart?"  "A little more better?"  "I resign in Florida?"  "Documen-tary?"  Those boys are good with words.

I agree, consistency is key.  And "theatre" seems more high class, especially if you say it with a British accent.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #306 on: April 09, 2021, 10:58:08 PM »

Absolutely!  I just finished writing an argument between the boys, which is always fun once it gets going.  I just had to find a way to start it.

You know, I hear naked passing around a bucket while they group bathed could be popular? (lol) Who instigated the argument? Nick? Nick usually ends up starting all my arguments.

Sometimes you do just have to sit down and force yourself to put words on paper.  The first few words/sentences are usually the hardest, but once you get over that hump, it gets easier.

You're totally right. Good news, I'm up to 115 words on the aforementioned chapter, so it's getting there! We've already made it to day nine of Camp Nano, can you believe it! How's your writing aligning with your goal and any other feel good moments?

I'm at about 50% of what I'd hoped to be writing, and probably about a 1/3 of that has actually been for PNecklace (though a lot of that was editing rather than writing). So I may get to 30,000 words, but I don't know if I'll finish the story this month. There's still three weeks left though, so never know what will happen! :) My feel good moment was convincing you to do it with me and providing sideline encouragement. I was just thinking today while taking a break from staring at the screen that this would have been the days of old where we would all just be writing and chatting in our little IM windows every now again to check in. I miss that.

Well, obviously!  "Does his gifts come from the heart?"  "A little more better?"  "I resign in Florida?"  "Documen-tary?"  Those boys are good with words.

I agree, consistency is key.  And "theatre" seems more high class, especially if you say it with a British accent.

True treasures of the spoken word.  :patpat: I think we've missed an opportunity by not calling the doc "the Documen-tary," lol.

I think it's my high school French creeping in and saying "that looks right," lol. As I said, I am absolutely confident in my choices, it's why I've so emphatically shouted "vert" as my kiddos were learning and practicing Spanish, lol.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #307 on: April 09, 2021, 11:17:14 PM »

You know, I hear naked passing around a bucket while they group bathed could be popular? (lol) Who instigated the argument? Nick? Nick usually ends up starting all my arguments.

LMAO!  Actually, it was Brian.  I was proud of Nick; he did not jump up and scream, "Shut the fuck up!" or "Don't be a dick!" at any point in said argument.

You're totally right. Good news, I'm up to 115 words on the aforementioned chapter, so it's getting there! We've already made it to day nine of Camp Nano, can you believe it! How's your writing aligning with your goal and any other feel good moments?

I'm at about 50% of what I'd hoped to be writing, and probably about a 1/3 of that has actually been for PNecklace (though a lot of that was editing rather than writing). So I may get to 30,000 words, but I don't know if I'll finish the story this month. There's still three weeks left though, so never know what will happen! :) My feel good moment was convincing you to do it with me and providing sideline encouragement. I was just thinking today while taking a break from staring at the screen that this would have been the days of old where we would all just be writing and chatting in our little IM windows every now again to check in. I miss that.

Yay!

You're right; you never know what can happen in three weeks.  Even if you get to 30,000 words, that's still good!  I set my goal lower than that (20,000) based on how much I've written the last two months, and that was with me writing every day and being inspired.  I don't know how people start a new story in November and write 50,000 words.  I'm not sure I could do that even in June or July.  But I'm on track with my goal for Camp Nano; I'm over 7,000 words.  I just updated my total, and it jumped by over 2,000 words.  I didn't realize I had written anywhere near that many words today, but I went back and checked, and yes I did!  That's because it was just the boys having a discussion over dinner, so there was a lot of dialogue and not a ton of description or anything that required research.  I write so much faster when I don't stop to look anything up or overthink my word choices.  If nothing else, Camp Nano is helping me stay committed to writing every day, and I'm enjoying updating my daily word count.  I would do it again in June.  It would be nice if others from here would participate too.

I miss the IM days too!  I guess our conversations on here are taking the place of those little nightly check-ins as we were writing.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #308 on: April 09, 2021, 11:34:05 PM »

This was today's Camp Care Package on Nano.  I thought it could make a good discussion topic.

"Sometimes choosing a story idea is easy, others times it’s like having a rose to give only to one potential suitor. Sometimes you have to give the story a tryout period before finding out it’s the one. Also, never be afraid to put a story aside when you realize it’s not working out the way you like."

Today's Writing Challenge:

Before you begin your writing session for the day, take a minute to jot down the things you absolutely love about the story you're writing right now. What about it makes you feel excited and invested? (If you can't think of anything, or if another story keeps popping into your head, maybe that's a sign to try something different for a little while.)

Do you usually focus on one project, or do you get distracted by lots of new plot bunnies?
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #309 on: April 09, 2021, 11:44:04 PM »

LMAO!  Actually, it was Brian.  I was proud of Nick; he did not jump up and scream, "Shut the fuck up!" or "Don't be a dick!" at any point in said argument.

Brian, starting arguments. For shame. I'm proud of Hot Mess Nick for for not screaming stfu/dbadlekya too! (It's just a long quote. It's high time we acronymed it, lol.) Maybe he's ready to stop being a hot mess in MBK, lol.

You're right; you never know what can happen in three weeks.  Even if you get to 30,000 words, that's still good!  I set my goal lower than that (20,000) based on how much I've written the last two months, and that was with me writing every day and being inspired.  I don't know how people start a new story in November and write 50,000 words.  I'm not sure I could do that even in June or July.

I just wanted to finish the story and knew it would take about that much; I don't know that I was really prepared to get to 60,000 words in a month. You know, of all the times I did NaNo, this last time was the only time I did it and it wasn't a new story, it was a percolating vaguely dreamed up thing with snippets. I'm always impressed with the people who are like "November 1st, my novel begins" and then finish it. I say July's Camp is your time to challenge yourself! 50,000 words, just to see how close you get in the one month.

I think I'm probably better off if I go back to looking at it the way I did in November, which was "If I get to 50,000 words, great! But I'm really just trying to commit to writing every day." Maybe what's getting me was saying "I'm going to finish this story this month."

But I'm on track with my goal for Camp Nano; I'm over 7,000 words.  I just updated my total, and it jumped by over 2,000 words.  I didn't realize I had written anywhere near that many words today, but I went back and checked, and yes I did!  That's because it was just the boys having a discussion over dinner, so there was a lot of dialogue and not a ton of description or anything that required research.  I write so much faster when I don't stop to look anything up or overthink my word choices.  If nothing else, Camp Nano is helping me stay committed to writing every day, and I'm enjoying updating my daily word count.  I would do it again in June.  It would be nice if others from here would participate too.

Woo! Keep going at this pace and you'll be done halfway through the month! I believe!

I love when they just have a discussion (or a "discussion"/screaming match) for that same reason. No research, little planning, it just flows. On the topic of looking up things, right before I popped back over here, I spent so much longer than necessary looking up a political term that I couldn't remember, just to have the right word. Oh suzerainty (I'll define it in an effort to not have people look up things I can already explain: one state, typically stronger, controls the foreign policy and relations of a tributary state, but allows the tributary state to have internal autonomy), why did I need you? Epic fantasies are so complicated.

I like when it tells me that you earned the little badges in the writing group. It makes me smile. Yay! Team The Absolutely Chaotic Backstreet Project! I hope other people join us, because it is fun updating a daily word count (that's why I kept doing it post-November). :)

I miss the IM days too!  I guess our conversations on here are taking the place of those little nightly check-ins as we were writing.

And possibly keeping us more on track? It takes more effort to come here, sign in, and type than it did to pop the little button, twirl your finger around the metaphorical phone cord, and say "what are you doing now?" lol
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #310 on: April 10, 2021, 12:04:07 AM »

Brian, starting arguments. For shame. I'm proud of Hot Mess Nick for for not screaming stfu/dbadlekya too! (It's just a long quote. It's high time we acronymed it, lol.) Maybe he's ready to stop being a hot mess in MBK, lol.

LOL I love that acronym!  It sounds Russian or something when you read it like a real word:  "Bad-lekya!"  (I made the D silent like in "Django.")

He's not quite ready to stop being a hot mess yet, but he's getting there.

I just wanted to finish the story and knew it would take about that much; I don't know that I was really prepared to get to 60,000 words in a month. You know, of all the times I did NaNo, this last time was the only time I did it and it wasn't a new story, it was a percolating vaguely dreamed up thing with snippets. I'm always impressed with the people who are like "November 1st, my novel begins" and then finish it. I say July's Camp is your time to challenge yourself! 50,000 words, just to see how close you get in the one month.

I think I'm probably better off if I go back to looking at it the way I did in November, which was "If I get to 50,000 words, great! But I'm really just trying to commit to writing every day." Maybe what's getting me was saying "I'm going to finish this story this month."

Writing every day is a great goal in itself and will help you on your way to other accomplishment s, like finishing the story.  It usually takes me longer to finish a story than I think it will, too.  Even when I'm on a roll and getting close, I almost always end up taking longer or writing more chapters than I expected.

I could try for 50,000 words in July and see how close I can come.  If there's any month I could write that much, it would be July.

Woo! Keep going at this pace and you'll be done halfway through the month! I believe!

I love when they just have a discussion (or a "discussion"/screaming match) for that same reason. No research, little planning, it just flows. On the topic of looking up things, right before I popped back over here, I spent so much longer than necessary looking up a political term that I couldn't remember, just to have the right word. Oh suzerainty (I'll define it in an effort to not have people look up things I can already explain: one state, typically stronger, controls the foreign policy and relations of a tributary state, but allows the tributary state to have internal autonomy), why did I need you? Epic fantasies are so complicated.

Thanks!

Yeah, dialogue is my favorite thing to write when it flows, especially when it involves either funny banter or fighting.

Suzerainty?  I have literally never heard of that before, but I will take your word for it.  Always impressed with your knowledge and the varied topics you research for your stories!

I like when it tells me that you earned the little badges in the writing group. It makes me smile. Yay! Team The Absolutely Chaotic Backstreet Project! I hope other people join us, because it is fun updating a daily word count (that's why I kept doing it post-November). :)

Yeah, the little badges are fun!  Will Nano let you keep updating your word count for your project past the end of the month, or do you just keep track on your own?

And possibly keeping us more on track? It takes more effort to come here, sign in, and type than it did to pop the little button, twirl your finger around the metaphorical phone cord, and say "what are you doing now?" lol

Yeah, it gives me a reason to get on the computer later in the day and at least open my story while I'm catching up on the forum.  Some days that's half the battle - just making myself open my Chromebook or sit down at my desktop.  I've been pretty good at doing a morning writing session every day of break, even if it's only for an hour, and then hopping back on later in the day or at night.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #311 on: April 10, 2021, 12:22:02 AM »

This was today's Camp Care Package on Nano.  I thought it could make a good discussion topic.

"Sometimes choosing a story idea is easy, others times it’s like having a rose to give only to one potential suitor. Sometimes you have to give the story a tryout period before finding out it’s the one. Also, never be afraid to put a story aside when you realize it’s not working out the way you like."

Today's Writing Challenge:

Before you begin your writing session for the day, take a minute to jot down the things you absolutely love about the story you're writing right now. What about it makes you feel excited and invested? (If you can't think of anything, or if another story keeps popping into your head, maybe that's a sign to try something different for a little while.)

Do you usually focus on one project, or do you get distracted by lots of new plot bunnies?

That's a good one! I need to catch up on my Camp Care Packages (I've ignored them in favor of writing).

I think my answer is complicated? Because I haven't even looked at anything that isn't PBox, PNecklace, or PDemons since the end of February. And in that time, I've written three chapters and four out of order scenes in addition to the pre-posting edits of four chapters for PNecklace, written 2 scenes from PDemons, and heavily edited or completely re-wrote the first almost six chapters of PBox as OF. And I can write an entire novel about all the things I love about this complete story (in fact, I'm up to 1 and 3/5 novels so far, lol), but in the month of April I've done maybe 3,000 words on PNecklace? And a good chunk of them were definitely edits more than new out of order scenes or current chapter writing. So it's up in the air? Am I focusing on one project? Am I getting distracted? I don't know.

Off the top of my head without actually sitting and reflecting:

Things I love about the entirety of PBox/PNecklace/PDemons:
  • The characters
  • The mythology (both internally and external inspiration)
  • PBox Nick and his journey specifically (my loudest, pickiest, most prodding muse)
  • The Boys true companioning on an epic adventure
  • putting all my little juggling balls out there for people to pick up on
  • that it begged to be written twice
  • all my world building work
  • talking about it with all y'all

Things about PNecklace specifically:
  • Finally letting some of the secrets and plans I've held onto go out into the world (Like I knew Nick's powers since 2006. I finally told you all 15 years and an entire second book later, you're welcome?)
  • putting out my final set of juggling balls in preparation for the final installment
  • The characters
  • the mythology
  • Still PBox Nick in particular (though this week, Brian has been at the top of my list for being hilarious)
  • the Boys true companioning on an epic adventure
  • that it begged to be written after a decade away
  • all my world building work
  • talking about it with all y'all
  • my cute, fluffy beast & beauty romance makes me smile more as time goes on
  • Still PBox Nick (so much so that he deserved to be on the list twice)

I guess my list is mostly the same. It's hard for me to separate it out at this point, since PNecklace can't exist at all if PBox hadn't been written and it's not the full story without PDemons rounding it out. :shrug: So I guess that goes back to my first questions. Am I focusing on one project or am I getting distracted?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 12:26:19 AM by nicksgal »
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #312 on: April 10, 2021, 12:30:03 AM »

I can see why your answer is complicated, since you have several interrelated projects you've been working on that are all part of the same series.  It makes sense to lump them together as one long story.  It's clear you have a lot of love for PBox and its sequels, or you wouldn't have come back to the series after so long, let alone done so much rewriting.  I'm impressed by that level of dedication.  I'm sure it's satisfying to finally get to share some of those secrets and plans with the world after holding on to them for so long.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #313 on: April 10, 2021, 12:50:35 AM »

LOL I love that acronym!  It sounds Russian or something when you read it like a real word:  "Bad-lekya!"  (I made the D silent like in "Django.")

He's not quite ready to stop being a hot mess yet, but he's getting there.

Bad-lekya with a silent D, lmao. I love that pronunciation. Now I wish I had more excuses to use this brand new acronym.

I believe in your character development MBK Hot Mess Nick!

Writing every day is a great goal in itself and will help you on your way to other accomplishment s, like finishing the story.  It usually takes me longer to finish a story than I think it will, too.  Even when I'm on a roll and getting close, I almost always end up taking longer or writing more chapters than I expected.

I could try for 50,000 words in July and see how close I can come.  If there's any month I could write that much, it would be July.

That's what I keep telling myself, one day at a time. And if I get that day by writing a little of something else, so be it. Realistically, I'm happy as long as I can be ten chapters ahead of whatever I'm posting, 15 is better, 20 would be amazing. I think there's some dread that comes with finishing a story and I don't know why that is... I think we've already talked about that though?

I challenge you! We'll do it together. :) I'm sure I'll have 50,000 words of something to try to write in July.

Suzerainty?  I have literally never heard of that before, but I will take your word for it.  Always impressed with your knowledge and the varied topics you research for your stories!

Imperial China in regards to the rest of Asia might be the best known example, that idea of "emperor at home, king abroad." More modern examples would be some countries controlled by the Axis Powers during World War 2 or British control of India. It's definitely not useful as a modern term since international law means that sovereignty either exits or doesn't exist without any caveats.

I'm the real definition of a Jack of All Trades. I know enough about just about anything to be dangerous! (Or research what I don't, lol.)

Yeah, the little badges are fun!  Will Nano let you keep updating your word count for your project past the end of the month, or do you just keep track on your own?

I've been doing it on my own since I didn't want to make PBox a project when I was editing it, though it would have been nice to keep track of my monthly progress on PNecklace specifically in hindsight. If you want to keep tracking it on NaNo, you just go to your "projects" section and any project you've added will have a little button that says "create new goal" and then a window pops up where you name the goal, add the number of words in your goal, and then set the timeline. If it has a goal already associated to it (e.g., "Camp NaNo April 2021"), you won't see the button until that goal timeline ends.

Yeah, it gives me a reason to get on the computer later in the day and at least open my story while I'm catching up on the forum.  Some days that's half the battle - just making myself open my Chromebook or sit down at my desktop.  I've been pretty good at doing a morning writing session every day of break, even if it's only for an hour, and then hopping back on later in the day or at night.

Since I've had a computer again, writing has been so much easier. I wonder if I would have gotten more into it in 2015 if I'd had an actual computer at the time and not just a tablet or my phone.

I want to be better about getting morning sessions in. I have gone back to my "I have nothing to do and no students are here yet, I will write until they show up" and it's been pretty productive the two days I did it so far. I think I need to convince myself to do some writing earlier on weekends or set times when I can check the forum (like "write from x time to x time, then check the forum) rather than "type type type type type refresh type type type type type refresh," lol.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 01:13:20 AM by nicksgal »
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #314 on: April 10, 2021, 01:11:04 AM »

I can see why your answer is complicated, since you have several interrelated projects you've been working on that are all part of the same series.  It makes sense to lump them together as one long story.  It's clear you have a lot of love for PBox and its sequels, or you wouldn't have come back to the series after so long, let alone done so much rewriting.  I'm impressed by that level of dedication.  I'm sure it's satisfying to finally get to share some of those secrets and plans with the world after holding on to them for so long.

At this point, it might even be more love than I had for it originally in that 2005-2008 time frame, and I loved PBox a great deal back then, lol. Aw thanks, appreciate the compliment.

I read a quote somewhere that was something to the effect of "We all have one story that we're dying to tell and everything we write is our best efforts to get that story out." And on an easy level, I could say, "sure that's PBox and company, apparently." But, realistically, looking at everything I've ever tried to write down, it's probably closer to some form of "you are more than your circumstances." It may just be that I finally decided that PBox&Co was the best way to get that out there.

It is nice finally letting go of some secrets, but in a long-retired/recently unretired with a minimal readership and reviewless world, I have no idea how anyone reading it feels, lol. So at this point, I'm just talking to myself like "That was great, Dee, we finally told everyone." "Good job, Dee, you worked hard on that. I loved it." "I loved it too, Dee." "THANKS FOR FINALLY TELLING MY STORY AGAIN!!!!!" "You're welcome, PBox Nick." And scene.
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 50