Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Preserving Threads  (Read 5203 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Preserving Threads
« on: August 21, 2021, 08:09:09 PM »

I know Chaos is working on trying to keep the site and forum alive through this update, but I'm heeding his warning and backing up what I really care about just in case.  My stories are already backed up, and I went through and saved all my reviews today.  My next thought was to save some of the more memorable forum threads.  I already saved the Tanja/Refresh thread, which is also where 00Carter was conceived, as well as various threads that are meaningful to me because they involve my stories - update threads, featured story threads, etc.  But I would like to save the random fun threads, too.

Remember that nostalgia thread Dee started earlier this year (or late last year)?  Anyone know what happened to that?  It disappeared, but Dee said when she clicked on a post from it that was quoted in a different thread, it said she didn't have access to the thread, not that it was deleted.  Could it be that it's still around somewhere, but the settings were accidentally changed so that non-mods can't see it anymore?  Cause that would be helpful in deciding which threads are worth saving.

If we can't restore that thread, feel free to post links to memorable threads here, and I'll save them!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 08:11:38 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Preserving Threads
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 04:15:47 AM »

I’m pretty sure if you can’t see it, that means it no longer exists. The only thing we can make invisible are topics. At least to my knowledge. It might have been one of those threads that were accidentally deleted.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Preserving Threads
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 09:59:22 PM »

It had an error like "you can't access this" when I clicked the quote, but I can't seem to find it now. I'll look for it again at some point. I quoted it somewhere in the original writing thread.

Vitamin Vixens is one you should save. That was hilarious.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey