Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Does anyone else have this problem?  (Read 5246 times)

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
Does anyone else have this problem?
« on: May 20, 2007, 09:06:59 PM »

My biggest problem with my story lately is that because I have the whole thing planned out so well, I feel like my mind is aways one arc ahead of where I actually am working on. Like for instance, the part that I'm currently working on I was really looking forward to writing a few chapters ago, but now that I'm there I'm like Why was I so excited again? Now my mind is all gearing up to write the big climax of the story which is another few chapters away. I know a lot of writers like to write out of order when they feel like this, but I am extremely anal when it comes to everything being written in order except for very slight exceptions like I may write scenes in one chapter out of order. Just wondering if anyone else can relate to this? Its very frustrating!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Does anyone else have this problem?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 09:11:16 PM »

Aww I have just about the opposite problem. I keep changing the general direction of my stories. I know where they should go when I start but as I start writing I find myself saying "oooh I think i'm going to do this instead" and then when I get even closer I change my mind again and find myself agonizing over what to do. lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

bananaaddict

• Captain of Commotion
    • The Original Nick Chicks
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 09:24:42 PM »

LOL  My problem is I know how I want my story to end, but I can't figure out how to get from where I am now to that point.  Everytime I try to write I just stare at the screen and try to think of different scenarios.  It sucks.

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 09:33:34 PM »

No UMS is pretty well planned out which is scary cuz most of my other stories aren't as well planned. Not saying that things don't change, but not enough to completely rework the plot. To make things worse I am totally in love with the ideas that I have for a sequel LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »

Mel, I TOTALLY know what you mean.  That's always what happens to me!!  Seriously, everything you posted, that is ME right now.  I've had the major events of BMS planned out to the end since I started writing it, and by the time I get to one major event, I'm already looking forward to writing the next big thing and don't enjoy writing it as much as I thought I would.  The part I'm at now, I've been looking forward to forever, and I just can't wait to get through it and on to the climax.  Ugh.  That's why I'm taking my time on it; I keep hoping I'll get a big burst of fresh inspiration.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 09:44:57 PM »

Thank YOU! I'm so glad that someone else feels my pain! LOl But it seems to me that you're at such an exciting part in your story. Wanna trade? Lol j/k!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 09:51:36 PM »

LOL I know, you'd think so, right?  Sadly, I don't think I'd be of much help with yours, but feel free to take over mine if you want!  LOL
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 09:52:09 PM »

I just wrote a few lines though, go me.  If I wouldn't keep randomly stopping to check forums, maybe I'd actually be productive. :P
~Julie

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 10:06:36 PM »

I just wrote a few lines though, go me.  If I wouldn't keep randomly stopping to check forums, maybe I'd actually be productive. :P

Yea thats one of my problems too. I actually got out a lil over two pages earlier today, but then I started to get unsure and I think I need one of my betas reassurance. Plus I feel like I'm writing the same old crap over and over again.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 10:20:59 PM »

Plus I feel like I'm writing the same old crap over and over again.

LOL I always feel like that too. :P
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 12:14:02 AM »

Ooh, that's exactly how I feel right now also! :D

The saddest part of that: I'm at the climax of my story. And I've had it planned out in my head for so long that I'm jsut sitting here waiting for it to be over, and hoping, somehow, that I'll look at it on AC and it will magicially be finished. :D

I have no problem with writing out of order really, but then I know I'll never go back and finish what I left out... So, since I actually want to finish PBox, I'm not going to do that this time....

It's also a bit of a worry because none of my regular reviewers have posted their thoughts on the last chapter I updated, which was over two months ago... So I'm kinda at a loss as to how everyone's handeling the story anyway... *sigh*
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 02:10:49 AM »

Mel dear, you and I have had a ton of discussions and seriously you're not alone, I have the same damn problem, I'm always four steps ahead of myself, i think in a way it makes for a better story though. Because you know how to set up the past events to link them to the future consequences/actions (you know EXACTLY what i'm talking about there hehe). But yeah don't worry hon you'll get through it, if all else fails email me or im me! hehe lol
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 02:47:49 AM »

i think in a way it makes for a better story though. Because you know how to set up the past events to link them to the future consequences/actions

That is definitely true.  But it is annoying to be at a good part and not be interested in writing it cause you can't wait to get to the NEXT good part LOL.
~Julie

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 08:06:07 PM »

I completely agree julie! It sucks I'm at the point in AS before all the big drama starts, i've got about 8-10 chapters worth of filler and setup to write and it's turning me off LOL!
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 10:33:21 PM »

I completely agree julie! It sucks I'm at the point in AS before all the big drama starts, i've got about 8-10 chapters worth of filler and setup to write and it's turning me off LOL!

Ahhhh, I hate filler!!  LOL that's the worst, when you know you've got exciting stuff coming but have to get through all the boring crap before you can write it LOL.
~Julie

Pages: [1] 2