Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Featured Story For June 2007 - Not Your Average Cinderella Story by Honey  (Read 17443 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

wow! You answered those fast lol

And I love being Oprah so as long as there are questions to be asked I shall ask away and keep your month going. :D i'm cool like that.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction

oh man I have so many favorite scenes from this story. I think my overall favorite chapter to write was "Meet the Littrells"  but I'm not really sure why. I loved the scene in the mall where she meets the guys after Leighanne's makeover. I lovedthe scene of Cindy and Howie at the lake and I loved Ciny's fight with Danny in the bar. (Actually I thought of it just today as I read Cally's fight with Sebastian in Rose's "Just Another Day. I don't hate Sebastion Rose!! I understand where he's comming from-lol) 

LOL Kelly you're like the ONLY one who doesn't. You need to review cause I love your long reviews! Hehe.

So far my favorite part in your fic, is when Cindy knocks Nick's booty senseless the first time. That was just too funny lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

wow! You answered those fast lol

And I love being Oprah so as long as there are questions to be asked I shall ask away and keep your month going. :D i'm cool like that.

lol yeah, couldn't doo much today. It's been a long week. I went on vacation and then my son got sick and ended up in the ER. He's fine now though. It turned out it was a really nasty flu bug that is highly contageous so I've been lying on my but too sick to leave the couch all week and now I'm at least feeling better enough to read and write (and blab nonsense on the AC message board) but didn't really have much energy to do anything else. Got pretty bored today so the questions were exciting. I was actually so bored today that the only thing I did besides answer these questions (and read Rose's updates ;D which I shalgo update on, don't know how I forgot to do that!)was dye my hair for the first time ever in my life. I must be going crazy from fever or something. Cry some tears for me Lore cause for the first time in my life I'm not a red head right now and it's freakin me out!!!! dark brunette in case you're wondering...  (don't worry it's a wash out, I'll be red again soon enough)

wow sorry, waaaaaaaaayyyy yy off track. shutting up now. I think I'll go bug Rose in her reviews section.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction

Okay, favorite scene, I was up reading the rest of it hehe...and this scene definitely strikes me as a fave. Because Nick and Cindy are a LOT alike lol, though neither sees it at this point. But Leighanne's reaction to Nick is just TOO funny

“Who’s your friend Leigh?” Nick said with that same cocky tone I heard in his voice the first time we met.

“And why have we never had the pleasure of meeting her before?” AJ added turning up his charm. His efforts were less than subtle but his voice was fucking sexy. Total player. Player or not… I shrugged. I took a slow deep breath and then plastered a smile on my face as I turned around. I couldn’t let them see how nervous I was. “Hello again boys.” I greeted.

The look on their faces was worth all the hours I spent today making myself look like this. Fucking brilliant! All three of them fucking speechless! “Cindy?” Howie finally gasped.

Leighanne beamed with pride over their reactions. “What do you think?” she asked.

“Wow!” AJ said nodding his approval.

Howie took a step toward me and had I not been leaning against a railing I would have taken a step back. He took my hand in his. I wanted to pull away but I was fucking putty at his touch. He raised my hand above my head making me spin. “You look beautiful.” He said.

Oh God, what was is it with me and the fucking blushing lately? I couldn’t make myself stop. I tried my hardest not to smile as I looked down at our hands. He’d let my hand fall back to my side yet somehow managed not to let go. His fingers were barely clinging to mine and I made no effort to break us apart.

There was some kind of electricity that pulsed through by body when he touched me. It was a feeling that twisted up my insides into tight knots and made me want to explode, but in a good way. Fucking magic. Shit, could this be what I think it is? No fucking way! Love at first sight doesn’t fucking exist! Fucking fairytales aren’t real!

And just to prove my point, had this been a fairy tale, that moment would have lasted long enough for Howie to sweep me off my feet, declare his love to me and then whisk me off to some far off palace where he would make me hiss queen. As it is, the fucking cocky-ass blonde ruined our moment. “Holy shit Leighanne!” he laughed. “One day with you and she’s fucking Barbie! Look at her blush! It’s like the taming of the fucking shrew.”

What a fucking prick! That man was about to get his ass handed to him. My eyes narrowed and my fists clenched as both Howie and AJ gave him dirty looks. I was so angry that I had no words. I didn’t need words though. “Damnit Nick!” Leighanne yelled about ready to kick the shit out of the man herself.

Nick, Howie and AJ all looked at Leighanne in utter shock. Apparently such an outburst wasn’t exactly characteristic of the good natured, bubbly blonde. “Sometimes you can be such a… such a…”

Leighanne struggled to find the right words. “Jerk?” Howie supplied.

“Fucking ass hole!” she finally screamed at the top of her lungs.

“Holy shit.” AJ laughed in response to Leighanne’s statement.

Nick’s jaw dropped. I can imagine that was probably the first time she’s ever used that word. I couldn’t help the smirk on my face. Leighanne grabbed my hand and gave it a tug. “Come on Cin.” She said starting to drag me off protectively.

I followed but glanced back at the three men staring at us, completely baffled. I gave Nick a look that probably could have killed him if I’d kept it up long enough, but my eyes drifted to Howie. He watched me walk away with apologetic eyes. As I looked at him I couldn’t help but think of the butterflies that were still kind of floating around in my stomach. So much for fairytales.

I turned back around and was surprised to see tears in Leighanne’s eyes. “I’m sorry.” She said, “Nick doesn’t always think before he says things.”

“Look, don’t worry about it. I won’t lose sleep over him tonight.”

“No I do, I feel bad. He shouldn’t have said that.”

“He’s an ass.” I said, “I swear, you shouldn’t feel bad about anything. Shit Leighanne, you’ve been more kind to me than anyone in my life ever has. I’ve had such an amazing day that nothing a little prick like him could possibly say would ruin it.”

Leighanne stopped walking and looked at me with a pout. “Really?” she asked wiping the tears from her face.

“Really.” I reassured her, “Honestly, I can’t thank you enough.”

Leighanne cracked a smile and then without warning threw her arms around me in a big fucking hug. Surprised doesn’t even begin to describe what I felt. I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know how to react. The woman must have been losing her mind. Finally I managed a weak hug in return hoping that might get her off of me. She pulled herself away and smiled at me again. “We’re going to be great friends.” She said and then continued walking again.

I stood there for a brief second trying to figure out what the hell just happened and then walked along side her. There was an awkward silence, or at least I thought it was awkward, until Leighanne gave a slight laugh. “It did feel kind of good to yell at him though. Did you see the look on his face?” After that, Leighanne and I laughed all the way to the fucking hospital.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

moppy

• Captain of Commotion

;D I came into this forum about a week ago and saw a new Featured Story. So I was reading through the reviews then realised as I read a post talking about part of the story that I haven't read it yet and reading the posts were spoiling it for me so I went to read it and cracked up laughing and bit my nails at tense moments.

One thing that did make me freeze when i started reading it was that she's actually very similar to myself (personality wise) and that surprised me a little, also kinda freaked me out too lol.

Yes I'm a sucker too. I did get too far in to stop reading coz it was a howie story, and I've only read stories with Howie in them if they were group fanfics.

Great story, congrats on getting Featured story!  ;)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Aww I love how everyone is saying they were so caught up in it, that by the time they realized it was a Howie story they couldn't stop reading. To me that's the mark of great writing Kelly, so congrats!

It's hard to keep people's interests when they don't even know who they are really reading about. So here's the next question, how hard was it for you to write mainly about Howie? Or as you were writing it, did you not even know it was going to be Howie? Did I ask this already? lmao I don't think I did...but i'm too lazy to go back and check.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster

Aww I love how everyone is saying they were so caught up in it, that by the time they realized it was a Howie story they couldn't stop reading. To me that's the mark of great writing Kelly, so congrats!

It's hard to keep people's interests when they don't even know who they are really reading about. So here's the next question, how hard was it for you to write mainly about Howie? Or as you were writing it, did you not even know it was going to be Howie? Did I ask this already? lmao I don't think I did...but i'm too lazy to go back and check.

awww thanks Mare, that's quite the compliment. Stop or you'll make me blush-lol
but seriously though, thank you that's very sweet.

I actually planned this one to be a Howie story from the begining because I had never written him before. Or at least not as a main character. Hence the whole intentionally not telling people who it was about right up front.  People skip over Howie stories because they are Howie stories and I wanted to write a story that people would still enjoy even if he's their least favorite, but they'd never have given it a chance had they known it was going to be about him. -lol

He's actually very very hard for me to write, so I was thrilled to hear someone (can't remember who said it and am like Mare and too lazy to go back and look at the moment) say that they loved my Howie, because he's a challenge for me.

Always the soft spoken sweet charmer, his personality just doesn't make for the most interesting character. (Sorry Howie I love you to death, but Nice doesn't exactly sell.)  So when writing this story I actually relied really heavily on the other guys and Leighanne. Yes it's a Howie story, but Brian and Leighanne have probably just as much face time and then you've got Nick in there causing the trouble too so there's a little bit of something for everyone in this fic.  (Well except for all the Kevin lovers out there myself included :-[  sorry about that one.)

I do wish I'd have found a way to get AJ a little more involved than I did, but you can't win 'em all I gess. He actually took on Howie's usual role of being in the background. -lol  (Sorry AJ, I guess I owe you your own story now too.) 
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster

I went to read it and cracked up laughing and bit my nails at tense moments.

One thing that did make me freeze when i started reading it was that she's actually very similar to myself (personality wise) and that surprised me a little, also kinda freaked me out too lol.
Great story, congrats on getting Featured story!  ;)

Yay! Thanks for reding it Moppy. Yeah, sorry about the spoilers, there's quite a few... There should just be a big old fat warning in the heading-lol I hope you didn't bite your nails too much.  And LMAO at freaking you out bcause you are too much alike.  You must be fun to be around. Do you like to punch people too? lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Kelly, if you could go back and change one thing in this story what would it be and why?

moppy

• Captain of Commotion

Red writing below = warning lol

Yay! Thanks for reading it Moppy. Yeah, sorry about the spoilers, there's quite a few... There should just be a big old fat warning in the heading-lol I hope you didn't bite your nails too much.  And LMAO at freaking you out bcause you are too much alike.  You must be fun to be around. Do you like to punch people too? lol

;D Sadly yes if you pinch me butt and i don't want or like you to lol true story in fact!

it's ok about the spoilers, though you can use my warnigns from my siggy to use lol but if I hadn't read them I wouldn't have probably read the story (eg it was the part about Nick sleeping with her that got me LOL)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster

Kelly, if you could go back and change one thing in this story what would it be and why?

I think I already answered this one somewhere. lol too lazy to go back and find the answer, so I'll recap... I'd tone down the swearing if I could, I'd find a way to give AJ a little more face time, and I'd try to fix it so that Nick doesn't come off as so much of an ass hole. (though it sounds like the people that read it as least understood where I was going with his character so I guess thats good.)  haha if you want the explanations there in this thread somewhere, I'm too lazy to go look.   ;D

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

lol yes you did answer it already, my bad. I remembered after I posted the question.

Okay i'm trying to think of a good thinking question for you...

How about if Howie wasn't an option for Cindy to be with, who would you choose to have her Prince Charming be and why?

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..

I too have a question! >

If you entered NYACS into a fanfic-contest, what award do you think it would/should win? And why?
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

^ oh that's a good one! lol

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..

^ oh that's a good one! lol

I know ;)
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5