Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Featured Story For June 2007 - Not Your Average Cinderella Story by Honey  (Read 17405 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

lol yes you did answer it already, my bad. I remembered after I posted the question.

Okay i'm trying to think of a good thinking question for you...

How about if Howie wasn't an option for Cindy to be with, who would you choose to have her Prince Charming be and why?

ooohhh that's a tough one. Because to me Howie was always the only choice. Brian was married, therefore he was out. AJ was the type that she always went for, therefore she wouldn't have learned anything or changed the way she did, and Nick... well they are just too much alike and it would never have worked out between them. I guess if it wasn't Howie, I would have had to find a creative way to Kill off Leighanne. -lol   but the story just wouldn't have been the same without Leighanne... so it just had to be Howie  ;D
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster

that or I would have had to write Kevin in and ignore the whole Kristen aspect, and then find some way to make Kevin perfect for Cindy. But I can't really see Cindy and Kevin together either. 
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster

I too have a question! >

If you entered NYACS into a fanfic-contest, what award do you think it would/should win? And why?

lol that is a good question too. (and one I have no idea how to answer.) I've never been involved with any fan fic awards before so I have no idea what awards there are.  It's a Howie story, so I guess maybe Best Howie (I think they have that one) although I don't know that I would deserve to win anything. But being nominated would be cool. 

I guess if anything I would like to be recognized for like "most improved writing" or something, but I doubt that's an award. I just think that I learned so much and improved so much as a writer from that story and that deserves recognition. (not just for me but for anyone who can improve themselves) The difference between NYACS and the one I finished before it was just HUGE and I am really proud of that.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Oh your answer to my question leadfs me to another one and that's why did you leave Kevin completely out of the story?

And as far as fanfic awards. I have seen all kinds of categories including most improved writer lol and of course there are best Howie awards as well.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster

haha I don't have a good answer as to why I left Kevin out. I'm mean? Really I only did it because I was curious to see what it would feel like without him there since the Backstreet Boys will only be the power of four now. But I don't plan to leave him out of all my stories. He's in my new one at the moment... I love Kev and I'm gonna miss him. He'll always be a Backstreet Boy to me, but I just wanted to imagine what it would be like with only four.  lol preparing myself.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

^ ooh I see lol SO I guess you started writing thos one after he made his little announcement then.

It's hard thinking of leaving him out of stories *kicks Kevin*
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

featured story author survey

I just thought of this and since a few months have passed since, I am posting this in every thread, so authors fll this out when you get the chance. It might help people who are searching the forum and looking for something good to read. Sorry i'm using (this story) and being so generic but like I said everyone is going to get the identical survey to fill out when their turn pops up and i'm in lazy mode lmao

thanks!

Moprah! hehe

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

8) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol

honey

• Supreme Time Waster

Cindy is based off of a real life friend of mine who spent some time with her mom in a battered women's shelter hiding from her father until he was finally arrested for attempted murder. She is a tough case like Cindy and every bit the potty mouth, but when she lets you in she's this sweet caring person and you can't help but love her.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

From the time I got the idea to the time I finished the story was just about 3 months. (I was pretty manic at the time -lol)

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in. 

When a white trash princess meets a pop star prince her world quickly goes from bad to worse to "fucking fairytale". When the Backstreet Boys get towed into Cindy's life she gets way more than broken down BMW. She gains, a best friend, a father, an arch enemy, a prince charming, some "sexy underwear", and most importantly, freedom.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

oh man that's tough. How do you cast Cindy? Obviously the Boys would be the Boys and for Danny I always pictured Shane West. I don't know why, he just seemed to fit the part. John is more of a... well Kevin actually... I guess since I didn't write him in, he could have John's part in the movie. Cindy is harder cause she's based off of someone I know in real life. I never pictured her as anyone else.

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

Acutally no. I loved writing every page of this story. I was a bit nervous to do it because I'd never tried anything dark before. (and this isn't really that dark -lol) But I spit it out so fast that there was never any time to think about giving up. I wish they were all like that!

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

LMAO TONJA!!!  Actually I LOVE outlines! Can't write without them, but the characters always end up taking over.

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

That's actually a toss up between Cindy and Leighanne actually. They just complimented each other so well. Kind of like Sam and Dean Winchester, only not anywhere near as brilliant (or hot.)

Cool You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

Actually it was Howie. Not because I don't like him cause he's actually my second fave behind Brian, but he's just so hard to write. I never knew if I was doing him justice or not. Love him but he drives me crazy because I can't ever really get into his head.

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

I left Kevin out because I was just curious what what the story would feel like without him. Subconsciously preparing myself for the Backstreet Four I guess. But he's in both of my current stories so, gone but not forgotten!

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol

well if you loved this story, then I wouldn't necessarily recommend any of my others -lol because it's drastically different from anything else I've written. But! I was inspired  to write it after reading Sarah's (starbeamz2) "Once Upon A Time" It's also a wonderful  version of the Cinderella fairytale! I love it tons!   SO... If you liked Not Your Average Cinderella Story, then you might just LOVE Once Upon A Time by Starbeamz2 so go check it out!  *coughs* Sarah UPDATE!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Cindy is based off of a real life friend of mine who spent some time with her mom in a battered women's shelter hiding from her father until he was finally arrested for attempted murder. She is a tough case like Cindy and every bit the potty mouth, but when she lets you in she's this sweet caring person and you can't help but love her.

[/color]

That's so awesome! Does this person know you wrote a story with a character based on her?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

okay as we head into our last week of June, now is the time to sum up your feelings on this fairytale.

So everyone share your love!

bananaaddict

• Captain of Commotion
    • The Original Nick Chicks

Ok, I finally finished the story, and I LOVED it.  I laughed out loud so many times.  The language isn't really my thing, but it fit the story so...  I can't wait to start reading more of your work.  It was really a great story, and I'm glad to see you incorporate Howie since he seems to get left out ALOT.  It was kinda sad not seeing Kevin around though.  :(  Oh well, such is reality.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster

That's so awesome! Does this person know you wrote a story with a character based on her?

na, she and I lost contact like 7 years ago. I left Michigan a week after I graduated and have never been back since. Kind of sad, but she was an awesome friend and made for a great character.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster

Ok, I finally finished the story, and I LOVED it.  I laughed out loud so many times.  The language isn't really my thing, but it fit the story so...  I can't wait to start reading more of your work.  It was really a great story, and I'm glad to see you incorporate Howie since he seems to get left out ALOT.  It was kinda sad not seeing Kevin around though.  :(  Oh well, such is reality.

Thanks Rose. I'm glad you enjoyed it. The language is really not my thing either. Most of my other stories may have a tiny swearing here or there, but NOTHING like this one.  It  just kind of had to be there for this story. And all my other stuff has Kevin. I still love him.  ;)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?

Well, since it's the last week, I want you to know that I started reading it, Kelly. :)

Unfortunately, the language is totally not my thing... So it's getting hard for me to stomach it... Which is strange.

But I like the characters. :) They're very multi-faceted. Or Cindy at least... But I haven't gotten very far, so...
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction

Well, since it's the last week, I want you to know that I started reading it, Kelly. :)

Unfortunately, the language is totally not my thing... So it's getting hard for me to stomach it... Which is strange.

But I like the characters. :) They're very multi-faceted. Or Cindy at least... But I haven't gotten very far, so...

Just wait till you see Cindy with Leighanne lol  ;) ;D
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5