Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Its all about me...  (Read 3682 times)

AngelgirlD

• Fledgling
Its all about me...
« on: June 06, 2007, 05:34:16 PM »

It's all about me...lol! well I'm not self center  but what I'm going to chat is about me or at least my new story that is on the way and I would like to add a picture to it, you know a cover, yes I know how to do it...then you ask then what you want, well the thing is that I couldn't help my self and I post the fanfic already in AC  but no picture so my real question is can I added the picture after posting a story and not make alterations to the story or the reviews I already have? they won't disapear or anything?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Its all about me...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 05:36:22 PM »

OKay I would love to read that except for two things number one it's scrolling and number two it's blue. Two things that are preventing me from seeing what it is you are trying to say lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 05:48:37 PM »

Yup, you can always add a graphic later. It won't do anything to what you've already written.

Except I don't think this is the correct place to put a thread about your own story....
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

AngelgirlD

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 06:06:23 PM »

I just knew I had a feeling that I was going to get scold at lol!  thanx for letting me kso where exactly I post it, this is for future reference caused I read all the titles and this is where best fitted but I guess I was wrong.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 06:45:03 PM »

aww Dee, cut her some slack. -lol can't you see she's new to the board?   :P
Plus this post could have gone several places because it could go in the story promoting thread and it could also go in the one where we ask questions cause it's both. Plus technically this is a general discussion thread. It says feel free to talk about anything relating to fanfic in this thread.  I'd say this post applies to fanfic  ;D but yeah, the scrolling thing (while kind of fun) is sorta hard to read. And I think Dee is right I don't think adding a picture will change anything. Only when you delete the story or individule chapters. god luck hun! And it's good to see you finally out and about on the board! Welcome!  :D
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 06:53:57 PM »

okay lol purple isn't any better. Is anyone else having trouble reading the different colors? Maybe it's just my browser but I gather that you asked about adding pics to your story?

It won't change anything at all to the actual story. All you'll have to do is upload the image into the chapter you want it to appear in. If you choose to post a picture in the summary make sure you follow the banner guidelines and have the picture come after the actual words of the summary. Other than that, it should be all good. lol

I hope that helped?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 06:56:43 PM »

And if that's all you asked then this was a perfect place to ask it. If you want to post a chapter of a story you should do it on AC or part of a chapter in the Author Inquisiton board.

:)

Welcome to the forum by the way.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 08:28:49 PM »

But she said the thread was to talk specifically about her story... So wouldn't that go somewhere in the Author Inqiusition subboards?

It's a little hard to read, but... Can you read mine Mare? :(
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 08:46:23 PM »

yes I can read yours with no problem. For some reason the  darker ones like the blue and purple aren't showing up though. I can't make out what anything says unless I highlight it. And I had no idea what her post said lol but now she knows if she wants to talk about her story she should go to the inquisition board.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 08:48:55 PM »

Oh good, I worried if the other colors weren't showing up, it wasn't either.
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 08:54:31 PM »

nope I really just think it's the darker ones. Weird lol

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 09:25:17 PM »

Well, then I'll always write in bright pink just for you. ;D
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 09:34:17 PM »

Woot! lol

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 09:52:54 PM »

Or maybe.... bright yellow? :D
~*Dee*~

AngelgirlD

• Fledgling
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 06:58:31 PM »

Well thank you for all your replies it really help me...and I wasn't really chatting about my story per say cause if you are able to read what I post was a question  about adding a picture on my fanfic that I had already posted on AC and I didn't promote, plus like someone had said it clearly states that is General Discussion
Feel free to talk about anything and everything relating to fanfic on this board.  :P ;D :-* Love ya all
Ps. I hope this is better for all of you that have difficulties with the colors and their computers... ;)