Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: I'm Stuck  (Read 2480 times)

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
I'm Stuck
« on: June 12, 2007, 01:53:18 AM »

Hello all...I know that you all are pro's at writing and posting on the forum and I'm looking for a little help here...I actually have about three stories posted on AC that are in the works and for the life of me as much as I try to make time and clear all other things from my mind I just can't.

Sooo I was wondering what you guys would suggest...I guess I practically have WRITERS BLOCK and I hate it cause I have lots of ideas on my mind but I don't have the time or uh...what would I call it...concentra tion to finish them...so should I go back and reread them myself and maybe the ideas will flow or...HELP...HE LP...HELP!  :o
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 01:55:14 AM by kevmylove »

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: I'm Stuck
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 07:22:01 AM »

Hello all...I know that you all are pro's at writing and posting on the forum and I'm looking for a little help here...I actually have about three stories posted on AC that are in the works and for the life of me as much as I try to make time and clear all other things from my mind I just can't.

Sooo I was wondering what you guys would suggest...I guess I practically have WRITERS BLOCK and I hate it cause I have lots of ideas on my mind but I don't have the time or uh...what would I call it...concentra tion to finish them...so should I go back and reread them myself and maybe the ideas will flow or...HELP...HE LP...HELP!  :o

LOL I wouldn't say we're pros. Writers block sucks majorly. Been there. I suggest a reread for one, look back over any notes you might have that have helped you plan out the story. If nothing is coming, try to force yourself, but really if you can't you can't and it'll take you maybe 1 minute to see that. So, if you can't write those stories, try your hand at one of the challenges here. Sometimes, writing something different than your norm helps refresh your muse and nudge her awake. I also find music to be helpful, I have "soundtracks" for each story lol, cause I find songs that fit the story, help inspire ideas.

I hope that helps!
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 07:33:53 AM »

Yea lol Pretty much what Rose said. I get writers block a lot. (I think its because I'm so busy w/ other things in life that I sit down to write and its so far from reality I'm like Uhh this is stupid...) It's hard to reconnect with a story when you haven't written for a while. Like Rose said a reread can always be inspiring, but you can only do that so many times. Working on a side project to divert your mind does help. I just out of frustration worked on a story that I hadn't updated in months and then BAM! After I updated it, I all of a sudden found the inspiration to update my main story. Go figure!

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 09:09:59 AM »

That sounds like me. :D

I would give you advice, but my method isn't getting anything done... Do what Rose and Mel suggested. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 09:53:09 AM »

I hear ya, especially with the concentrating part LOL.  Time isn't an issue for me right now, but just getting motivated and focusing is.

I think Rose and Mel said it all - try their advice and see; those things work for me too.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 08:44:18 PM »

Cool thansk ladies very much for all of your ideas...it's funny how alot of us have things in common...my best friend and I always make soundtracks for our stories...and MUSIC is such a plus...thanks alot I will try the rereading, going through notes and maybe even a challenge I will let ya'll know how it goes...THANK YOU!!!  ;)